Barnstaple Town           1 - 3     Lymington Town

Cinderford Town          2 - 4     Paulton Rovers

Cirencester Town         3 - 2     Bristol Manor Farm

Frome Town                 1 - 0     Highworth Town

Larkhall Athletic                       3 - 1     Slimbridge

Mangotsfield United     0 - 2     Sholing

Willand Rovers             3 - 1     Melksham Town

Winchester City            2 - 2     Bideford AFC

Terrible results for Truro at Bolitho  and parkway today. 

The Parkway game was always tough away but I don’t understand the line up. Krac was missing but A guy who scored 5 goals midweek put on the bench and crago a new signing again on the bench.  Lot of work to do still for parkway  

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 14 August 2021

Always going to be a learning curve for Parkway in the Southern League. Of the last two Western League sides to be promoted, it Willand needed time to bed in and Street took voluntary relegation after one season. Patience is needed, especially from the newer fans who have known nothing but success over the last four years or so.

The Truro City result is the big surprise. Given how well pre season has gone, really surprised at them getting caught cold like that on the opening day.  Haven't seen any attendance figures, but would be interested to see how many home fans made the trip to Bolitho Park.

Intresting post WOTP. It always strikes me that PPFC fans have become so accustomed to success some are rather blase about it  and exowct this to be never ending - newer fans more likely so.

On a couple of occasions I've been to Parkway I've experienced unpleasant incidents, something not experienced at ANY other existing  TWL or SWPL. It is only a small number but it has put me off going. I think sone EFL followers bring a 'league mentality' into the non-league gane. Does that make sense?

I will try again. The ground improvements look great. The Southern League will initially be a test, but so much quality at the club you'll surely will have a good season. I hope so.

11 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Always going to be a learning curve for Parkway in the Southern League. Of the last two Western League sides to be promoted, it Willand needed time to bed in and Street took voluntary relegation after one season. Patience is needed, especially from the newer fans who have known nothing but success over the last four years or so.

The Truro City result is the big surprise. Given how well pre season has gone, really surprised at them getting caught cold like that on the opening day.  Haven't seen any attendance figures, but would be interested to see how many home fans made the trip to Bolitho Park.

Has to be said, Hendon have strengthened a LOT in the last few weeks of pre-season.  Once they lost Joe White (likely out until next season with a horrible groin injury), they've gone out and picked up some very good players at this level.

Christian Smith and Wilson Carvalho got three of the goals yesterday, both were solid Step Two players with my club last season (Carvalho was with Accrington Stanley in 2019/20).  Expect Hendon to be amongst the front runners, but from speaking to one of the players Truro need a Plan B - if teams try and play football against them, Truro will win, but they didn't know how to change it up against a side who played a more 'robust' system.

15 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

No attendance given in the Non League Paper, the only game missing such info.

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

205 on the league’s  official site this morning. Have to admit, very little atmosphere!

Well done Dave, on that basis, only Harrow Borough and Kings Langley had less than 205, Truro will be hoping for a vast improvement the next time they are at Bolitho Park.

2 hours ago, David Bray said:

Well done Dave, on that basis, only Harrow Borough and Kings Langley had less than 205, Truro will be hoping for a vast improvement the next time they are at Bolitho Park.

Going to be difficult if they are playing at home every week that argyle are. 

Wouod imagine parkway will get double that