Cornwall Football Forum

Truro City New Stadium, What Progress?

1 hour ago, Rob1978 said:

Of course it’s not going to be ready for next season. The club and Alex Black will know that, but they would have to be pretty stupid just to say that. What else can they do? Kidnap the council and force them to move quicker!! The council and Truro city need this project to succeed. If work is at least started after Christmas, then the club will find somewhere for the new season. There will be discussions going on with Parkway and others but you can’t expect them to give away all the details. What do people expect him to say? - Parkway will give us one more year for 50k and Tyler Harvey. People who spend hours of hard work finding solutions shouldn’t be getting moaning from keyboard warriors

Be very surprised if parkway take up a 3rd year. Talk around there when I go is that isn’t an option at all but i guess. Money talks.  

3 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Be very surprised if parkway take up a 3rd year. Talk around there when I go is that isn’t an option at all but i guess. Money talks.  

Agreed. They will pay someone enough if they have to. If Truro get to step 2, would Bolitho meet the criteria? Perhaps Parkway will get another ground upgrade out of Truro. Not sure why the Pirates ground in Penzance has never been an option? Anyone know?

On 13/11/2022 at 16:46, Rob1978 said:

Agreed. They will pay someone enough if they have to. If Truro get to step 2, would Bolitho meet the criteria? Perhaps Parkway will get another ground upgrade out of Truro. Not sure why the Pirates ground in Penzance has never been an option? Anyone know?

That option has been explored previously but, after Ground Grading advice was given, they decided not to proceed. There is some over-lapping criteria for both sports but crowd segregation is not one of them and would have been challenging to achieve.

3 hours ago, John Mead said:

That option has been explored previously but, after Ground Grading advice was given, they decided not to proceed. There is some over-lapping criteria for both sports but crowd segregation is not one of them and would have been challenging to achieve.

Ok. Thanks 👍🏻