Cornwall Football Forum

Truro City New Stadium, What Progress?

I'd put the stadium on hold. You're getting more people watching teams in peninsula and western league than truro at bolithio, give them their due it's a couple hours from home, but having a measly 100 watching is pretty embarrassing for a club at that level, and like I said seeing teams in a lower league get better attendance 

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, David Bray said:

Big article in the Sunday Times Sport Supplement all about the Pirates and their aspersions to gain promotion to the Rugby Premiership, although mention was made regarding the S4C there was no mention of Truro City 🤔

Cue Cilla.

On 05/10/2021 at 12:02, The Town Man said:

It is a sad situation for a city the size of Truro to not have a local football team and, let's be honest, no realistic prospect of one in the near future as things stand. If I was a Truro fan of long-standing, I would be very upset with the turn of events over the past few years.  Mind you they did win the FA Vase which was the Holy Grail of all Cornish clubs over the last 30 years.....but at what cost?

I'd say, at the cost of eventually losing Treyew Road, which could have been developed into a brilliant little stadium for even EFL football. But we all know how it happened and whose fault it is.

On 05/10/2021 at 12:14, Mike Odgers said:

I hear this morning that The Isles of Scilly Steamship company  have put in a request from the "levelling up fund" for three new ships which are  near in need of  replacing-The Scillonian and the Cargo vessel and the Inter Island boat.-COST £48 million-this could jeopardise the the pecking order of importance from the Government fund.

Surely the Cornwall County Council could set up a football ground for Truro in their housing project but the thought of a Stadium to operate and sustain for 365 days a year is never going to be viable-Conference centre-Music festivals and local sports clubs paying big hire fees etc  are not a regular desire for a rural County.

Todays Budget news-The Isles of Scilly Steamshipo Co, have funding for the replacement ships-but no mention of the Stadium-can anyone clarify the prospects?

• 7 months later...
50 minutes ago, TruroPostie said:

I have heard from a very reliable source that Truro City will be playing within the city by Christmas/New Year 2023.  Great news .

So where  will they be playing before  Xmas / new year 23 ? As i understand sharing  parkway pitch will come to a end after this season.    Also surly there must be a site being developed now ready for a year and half’s time ,??

it’s taking parkway about 10 years to get the ground to what it is now that’s including solid work over covid when it wasn’t used . From what was a feild with port a cabins in to change in but it had a starting base. 

what sort of facility has this new place in Truro  got ? Or is it just a feild ?? 

At last, hopefully, an end in sight for this saga. Would be good though if Truro City/Pirates/whomever the new owners are, would go public on this. If the Tregye story is correct, then does this mean the end of the Stadium For Cornwall (or City playing in it anyway)?

2 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

it’s taking parkway about 10 years to get the ground to what it is now that’s including solid work over covid when it wasn’t used . From what was a feild with port a cabins in to change in but it had a starting base. 

what sort of facility has this new place in Truro  got ? Or is it just a feild ?? 

It is just a field, albeit a very large one and in very good condition - and very picturesque too. Basically, Truro would be building a stadium from scratch on a greenfield site with substantial access problems. 

Truro City 1st 11 have never had any plan to move into Tregye, that is nonsense. The ground at Tregye has been vastly upgraded , including a hospitality building, more parking, a hard surface pathway around the pitch, a stand moved up from Treyew Rd etc. This is in preparation for the lads moving up the leagues. The Truro Reserves will be ground sharing with Perranwell 1sts, the same as last year. I wish contributors to this page would check their facts, instead of competing to submit the most far reached nonsense they can about the future of TCFC. 

I do not expect any major announcements regarding the home venue to be made until the ownership question is resolved. 

4 minutes ago, Ozman said:

Truro City 1st 11 have never had any plan to move into Tregye, that is nonsense. The ground at Tregye has been vastly upgraded , including a hospitality building, more parking, a hard surface pathway around the pitch, a stand moved up from Treyew Rd etc. This is in preparation for the lads moving up the leagues. The Truro Reserves will be ground sharing with Perranwell 1sts, the same as last year. I wish contributors to this page would check their facts, instead of competing to submit the most far reached nonsense they can about the future of TCFC. 

I do not expect any major announcements regarding the home venue to be made until the ownership question is resolved. 

Thank you for the post. As stated by other forum contributors, it would be good if something/,anything came from the club. A complete vacuum of information allows speculation to thrive.

To my mind, Truro have made three excellent signings this summer (with more to come I would think)as well as retaining the bullk of the present squad and management, they must have been given assurances on the club's plans before committing.

41 minutes ago, Ozman said:

For the lads to move up the leagues? They are not even remotely close to winning the league they’re in!! As for the reserves playing at Perranwell - do you mean the famous playing field sloping pitch? No wonder some of their team are leaving to play elsewhere. No offence to Perran but it’s hardly conducive to a good brand of football. Love the optimism of the Truro fans but got a feeling Parkway may overtake them leagues-wise and I wonder how long another Cornish club becomes the premier club in Cornwall. 

2 hours ago, le boss said:

For the lads to move up the leagues? They are not even remotely close to winning the league they’re in!! As for the reserves playing at Perranwell - do you mean the famous playing field sloping pitch? No wonder some of their team are leaving to play elsewhere. No offence to Perran but it’s hardly conducive to a good brand of football. Love the optimism of the Truro fans but got a feeling Parkway may overtake them leagues-wise and I wonder how long another Cornish club becomes the premier club in Cornwall. 

Come on Bash, keep up! Truro Reserves share the use of Tregye with Perranwell.

4 hours ago, le boss said:

Keep up again bash ! You know who the Premier club in Cornwall is .👍😁🤣😂

2 hours ago, Ozman said:

When the ownership of Truro City FC gets sorted the return will be to  Langarth. That is where the home ground for the 1st team will be.  

Thank you. That's an interesting statement. It suggests one of three things to me (with a degree of overlap); none of which are necessarily bad. No judgement being passed: 

1. The prospective new owners, entirely of their own volition, have it in mind to continue running Truro City in the manner to which it has become accustomed over the past fifteen years: aspiring to play towards the top end of the pyramid with the objective of playing at a new ground. This indicates reasonable money at their disposal to make things work in the first place (any public money for the stadium being clearly ring-fenced - which it must be - to prevent it being used for any other purpose).  

2. The Pirates, or somebody associated with them, has been marketing (possibly on a national basis) club-and-new ground as part of a "package".  A kind of "for sale with planning permission" deal.

3. Signing up for Langarth may be a condition of any deal going ahead.  No agreement; no deal (with a clear "what if...?" hanging in the air over that one)  

• 2 months later...

Dave

You do the Romans a great disservice.  It took them about 7.5 years to build the Coliseum in Rome.  Which at 50,000 seats was a significantly bigger project than the Stadium for Cornwall.

I am thinking the saga regarding a new home for Truro has been going on a lot longer than that, and not a single brick laid yet.

Their half time pasties were apparently pretty crap though, although the wine in the bars quite excellent.  

Roy of the Romans