Cornwall Football Forum

Gateshead thrown out

Probably not, more likely that Aldershot Town will get a reprieve in the National division (turning it into an "in-division event") and the vacancy at Step 2 (as it's no longer an in-division event) will be filled by the loser of the Step 3 super-playoff with the better record (which I believe is Warrington Town). A bit complicated but as ever, the FA can and often do whatever they want over-riding their guidelines.

The National League (almost went back to calling it the Conference!) are being a little coy on this, and say they will release the names of their member clubs at their AGM on June 8th. Gateshead of course have the right of appeal on the National League decision, within 14 days which takes us to the day before the AGM so if they did so at the last minute, I can't see how the National League can give a definitive constituion before such appeal has been properly heard, presumably by the FA.

Gateshead had 5 days to appeal, a decision will be made and released on 31 May, The league rules state that in the case of a team leaving or demoted the relegated team from both North and South divisions with the best PPG record will remain irrespective of location, in this instance Truro City offered the place and one of the northern most teams moved into from the south division to the north division.

Have Truro City submitted a signed agreement to the league in time for today's last date to do so, showing we have a season long ground agreement in place?  - I hope so if it is needed by either the National League or Southern Premier depending on where our club is placed when things settle down.

Different Gateshead Keith, that one left the Football League in 1960 and pottered around for a dozen or so years in various non-league competitions before folding, the current club was formed in 1977.

There are a couple of different interpretations of the rules floating about, one of which reprieves Truro City and another which instead promotes Warrington Town. I think the latter is more likely if it is needed but the FA, the Leagues Committee and indeed the National League will pretty much make things up as they go along. And Truro City haven't got many friends inside the National League hierarchy.

Anyway, it may all come to nothing as Gateshead are close (apparently) to being taken over by a new consortium with an appeal against the National League sanctions afoot. See https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/more-sport/gateshead-saga-takes-new-twist-with-consortium-set-to-complete-takeover-amid-appeal-against-national-league-sanctions-1-9796768

Unless the Football Association and National League break their own rules Truro have to have the first option to remain should a vacant place become available, if for any reason Truro are unable to remain East Thurrock would be next in line for an offer...

Truro needed a £50,000 bond when Mr Masters and Mr Perryman took over, although the situation with Gateshead is slightly different the principals remain to secure the interest of other member clubs. The  organisation of the NL  and FA do NOT make things up as they go along, I know that from past communications I have had with them, they do however listen and help in any way they can.