Cornwall Football Forum

New player looking for a team

I've just moved down to Cornwall, based in Truro, and am looking to get back into Sunday League after 6 years of playing in Oxford. I can play more or less anywhere on the pitch, except goalie, and am keen to join a team for the start of the new season.

Cheers.

Welcome to Cornwall Peter! Are you just looking to play Sundays rather than Saturdays? Foxhole (PL26 7XD) have two Saturday teams, plus a Sunday veteran's team. Two scheduled training sessions next week: Tuesday 7th and Thursday 9th.

Obviously I'm not sure what standard you're thinking of but there are lots of great clubs down here. Don't believe anybody who tells you Cornwall is predominantly a rugby county! Good luck!

Peter, I appreciate it's a long shot at this short notice but I've spoken to our chairman/second team assistant tonight and he's said you're welcome to play tomorrow Saturday 4th August in a home friendly - meet Foxhole AFC PL26 7ND around 1.15pm. 

As the reserves are playing next Wednesday, the next training for first and reserve teams is now next Monday 6th instead of Tuesday 7th. It's beach training at at Carlyon Bay - meet in the car park there (PL25 3PH) around 6.15pm. Normal training is still scheduled at the ground on Thursday 9th at the moment.  Feel free to private message or to ring me.

Darin 07881738008    

Hi Darin

I can't train Monday, and I'm busy on Thursday, so I won't be able to make training this week. I am free Saturday afternoon so could play if you have another upcoming friendly.

The message system tells me I can't send you a message, so replying on here.

Peter

Peter, our reserves are playing at home to St Stephen reserves in a friendly tonight Tuesday 14th August. You're welcome to play. Meet at the ground 5.45pm-6pm, kick off is 6.30pm. If you fancy it, please let me know what time you expect to arrive and I'll make sure I'm there to meet you. Darin 07881738008

On 14/08/2018 at 09:31, Darin Morse said:

Rappo/Dave: we've had mixed results from recruiting via the forum but we're realistic. One recent success has been Lee Reed-Bennett who has been brilliant for us. I'm looking forward to seeing Pete make his debut for the mighty Foxes tonight.

Did Pete play?

• 1 month later...

Hi Darin

Many apologies. I've had real problems accessing this website, which only seems to sporadically load on my computer. I'd given up, to be honest, but it is working this morning. I am still very much interested - is there an email list or WhatsApp group or similar I could join?

Thanks

Peter

4 hours ago, PeterL said:

Hi Darin

Many apologies. I've had real problems accessing this website, which only seems to sporadically load on my computer. I'd given up, to be honest, but it is working this morning. I am still very much interested - is there an email list or WhatsApp group or similar I could join?

Thanks

Peter

Please drop me a message Pete we play Saturdays but local to truro. 

Hello Pete. I'm not really into technology but our secretary Dave is and can be contacted on foxholedave@sky.com

Our twitter account is @foxholestars.

Our facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/foxhole.afc

We're still very much interested so please try any of the above methods. As far as I know practice is on as usual at the ground next and every Tuesday (6pm).

Good luck

Darin

Hi Pete will look forward to seeing you this week. 

thanks

57 minutes ago, Darin Morse said:

Hello Pete. I'm not really into technology but our secretary Dave is and can be contacted on foxholedave@sky.com

Our twitter account is @foxholestars.

Our facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/foxhole.afc

We're still very much interested so please try any of the above methods. As far as I know practice is all as usual at the ground next and every Tuesday (6pm).

Good luck

Darin