Concord Rangers        2-2              Weston-super-Mare

Eastbourne Borough    2-2              East Thurrock United

Gloucester City          0-1              Welling United

Havant & Waterlooville 2-2   Poole Town

Hemel Hempstead Town  2-0   Oxford City

St Albans City  0-0       Hungerford Town

Wealdstone     2-1            Truro City

Whitehawk      1-3            Hampton & Richmond Borough

With all the fuss about the F.A. Cup it seems that nobody can bring themselves to report on the result of this game. Truro lost 2-1 at Wealdstone, leaving them in fourth place (Wealdstone tenth). You'll have to wait for a report, I wasn't there. Don't hold your breath, it could be a long wait!

Maybe a case of "you only post when you're winning ?"!

Try Radio Cornwall sports reports or the Independent. Game played in gale force winds and the Wealdstone goalie was voted man of the match. As they say you cant win them all. If all else fails you can always go on the official Truro City  official website for a match report.:c: Hope this helps Bruegel the Elder.

Thanks for your kind suggestions Rayvon, I admit that, like many on this forum, I am not a dedicated Truro City fan, but do have a passing interest in how Cornwalls most senior team are doing.

Since the Cornwall Football Forum dedicates a whole sub-forum to the Vanerama National League South, represented in Cornwall by a single team, one might have thought that a representative of that team might just take the time to update the rest of us interested (if not passionate) heathens.

As I sometimes get bored with saying, for me, and many others, this forum is the 'go to'" media for all things Cornish football. It is a shame that a large hole is often left at, what should be, the pinnacle of our local game.

It is also pretty lousy P.R. from those who really should know better.

Apologies for the wait Bruegel the Elder, definately not a case of only sing when we're winning, it was so long ago since we lost I think everyone was in a state of shock and forgot to report and please do not compare us with our former rivals Falmouth Town who we did not hear from for three seasons or was it Vivaldi and four seasons of even Frankie Valli and Lets hang on to what we got.

Anyway just for you here we go. On a blustery Saturday afternoon "Late in October (Oh what a Night) Truro City came away pointless. In an even 1st half both teams had goals disallowed for offside. The first goal came on the half hour mark when Eisa finished from close range, he doubled the score moments later, the half finished with Wealdstone deservedly leading 2-0. The second half was a different story with the wind behind them and the TISA choir in full voice ( Wembley Wembley and We're going to win the Cup etc) Jon North in the home goal performed heroics to keep City at bay although the home team did have a couple of half chances themselves to be fair. The breakthrough came late in the game when Tyler Harvey converted a cross from Ben Gerring. The last 10 minutes was all Truro with efforts from Lamont Nial Thompson and Gerring all going close but to no avail. Final score Stones 2 City 1. The team and supporters all returned  home dissapointed but travelled back to our plaice with bigger fish on there minds I'm sure.:c:

What did you make of Wealdstone's goals? Our defenders seemed particularly aggrieved with the linesman at the second one. For the first one, watching the videos of the game, Eisa seems to grab Tom around the neck or shoulder - sufficient to cause him to lose his balance. It is probably academic because the ball should have been kicked into 'Row Z' by that point - I'm not sure why defensive players try to shepherd it out of play when a fast, skilful striker is closing them down.

For the second goal, was there a hint of offside? The ball deflects off of a Wealdstone player to Eisa. Was that the main beef of our players to the linesman? Either way, once again, we shouldn't have put ourselves in a position where something like that could happen.

Despite the result I thought we played fairly promisingly in very difficult conditions. Wealdstone's goalie had a strong game to deny us near the end.

On 24/10/2017 at 11:26, Rayvon said:

Apologies for the wait Bruegel the Elder, definately not a case of only sing when we're winning, it was so long ago since we lost I think everyone was in a state of shock and forgot to report and please do not compare us with our former rivals Falmouth Town who we did not hear from for three seasons or was it Vivaldi and four seasons of even Frankie Valli and Lets hang on to what we got.

Anyway just for you here we go. On a blustery Saturday afternoon "Late in October (Oh what a Night) Truro City came away pointless. In an even 1st half both teams had goals disallowed for offside. The first goal came on the half hour mark when Eisa finished from close range, he doubled the score moments later, the half finished with Wealdstone deservedly leading 2-0. The second half was a different story with the wind behind them and the TISA choir in full voice ( Wembley Wembley and We're going to win the Cup etc) Jon North in the home goal performed heroics to keep City at bay although the home team did have a couple of half chances themselves to be fair. The breakthrough came late in the game when Tyler Harvey converted a cross from Ben Gerring. The last 10 minutes was all Truro with efforts from Lamont Nial Thompson and Gerring all going close but to no avail. Final score Stones 2 City 1. The team and supporters all returned  home dissapointed but travelled back to our plaice with bigger fish on there minds I'm sure.:c:

Good report raymondo you could write the report for the truro independent ..................  .sorry I meant Sunday independent