Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League - Saturday May 13 2017

5 hours ago, Tempo said:

It's almost like we shouldn't have a forum to discuss things that happen in football matches. I only responded on here because someone else brought it up. I see nothing wrong with questioning one moment in a football match. Are we not all being perhaps a touch over sensitive?

Like I said, I understand Tom's decision. And to be honest the whole thing has been blown out of proportion at this point. If I had it my way we wouldn't have a break mate, I'm ready and keen to go again!

I know right, a forum to discuss football... it's really surprising when people come on here and then discuss things that happen at the football ?

We'll up next season mate. As a manager, referee, player and supporter, I undoubtedly will get every single decision right and no one will write about it on the forum. ?

Ready and keen to again wow!!! I'm absolutely ecstatic about the break or so called off season that managers don't really get much of as they have to speak to players ones to stay ones to arrive , help with sponsorship organise what kit need etc....Pre season fixtures, training dates etc!!

However I'm glad to have all my Saturdays free for 6-7 weeks chance to go out with wife and boy which miss during the season then won't be long saturdays before friendlies begin!! 

We all need a break Dan! 

49 minutes ago, stokefan1 said:

Ready and keen to again wow!!! I'm absolutely ecstatic about the break or so called off season that managers don't really get much of as they have to speak to players ones to stay ones to arrive , help with sponsorship organise what kit need etc....Pre season fixtures, training dates etc!!

However I'm glad to have all my Saturdays free for 6-7 weeks chance to go out with wife and boy which miss during the season then won't be long saturdays before friendlies begin!! 

We all need a break Dan! 

Ah man, footy is life. For me it's an unwanted break, no better way to spend a Saturday for me than playing/managing/officiating! Roll on the new season.

6 hours ago, Tempo said:

It's almost like we shouldn't have a forum to discuss things that happen in football matches. I only responded on here because someone else brought it up. I see nothing wrong with questioning one moment in a football match. Are we not all being perhaps a touch over sensitive?

Like I said, I understand Tom's decision. And to be honest the whole thing has been blown out of proportion at this point. If I had it my way we wouldn't have a break mate, I'm ready and keen to go again!

I know right, a forum to discuss football... it's really surprising when people come on here and then discuss things that happen at the football ?

We'll up next season mate. As a manager, referee, player and supporter, I undoubtedly will get every single decision right and no one will write about it on the forum. ?

Tempo don't let your enthusiasm leave you , but don't burn out either , there really is no such thing as an off season for a manager , lots don't realise how much time , energy , money it takes to manage or being secretary/ committee member take my hat of to you all  it is a thankless task everyone has an opinion , and how to pick a team , you will be told that's easy until asked to do it then lots can't be seen for dust . Lots of jobs around to be done up keep of pitches , sorting finances , registration, insurance ect ect .

53 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Tempo don't let your enthusiasm leave you , but don't burn out either , there really is no such thing as an off season for a manager , lots don't realise how much time , energy , money it takes to manage or being secretary/ committee member take my hat of to you all  it is a thankless task everyone has an opinion , and how to pick a team , you will be told that's easy until asked to do it then lots can't be seen for dust . Lots of jobs around to be done up keep of pitches , sorting finances , registration, insurance ect ect .

Don't worry mate, my enthusiasm isn't going anywhere! Too true though, I'm currently working on trying to strengthen for next season. Fingers crossed.

2 hours ago, Tempo said:

Ah man, footy is life. For me it's an unwanted break, no better way to spend a Saturday for me than playing/managing/officiating! Roll on the new season.

That opinion changes when you get a family trust me! I was the same 3 seasons back 

Busiest time of the year for committees paying bills with no money coming in agms pitch maintenance arranging preseason supporting managers.sponsorship the list is endless. Joys of running a club and a never ending challenge but that's why we did it because we are daft and love it

29 minutes ago, Postman Pat said:

Busiest time of the year for committees paying bills with no money coming in agms pitch maintenance arranging preseason supporting managers.sponsorship the list is endless. Joys of running a club and a never ending challenge but that's why we did it because we are daft and love it

Well said Pat :thumbsup: