Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny Result 25/4/17

Div 1 

Helston 3rds 4 v St.Agnes 2

The top two went head to head in this huge game...and what a game!

Helston looked in complete control in the first half and two goals from Fred Williams saw the home side leading comfortably at half time. Dan Stidwell made it 3-0 with  lovely lob.  Game over!??..wrong...credit to St.Agnes...they really came at us...the left winger who was anonymous in the first half caused big problems in the second. Helston keeper Barry Hennessy was forced into some great saves. St. Agnes got back Into the game with a penalty and then a fine move and finish made it 3-2. Chances were then squandered at both ends...and with 10 minutes to go Helstons nerves were settled when Azzy Orchard converted a penalty.  Massive win...one win for promotion..4 points for the title. An impressive 11 game winning run has turned our season  around.  Look forward to meeting Aggie again In league cup final in a couple of weeks...if tonight's game is anything to go on should be a good game 

Illogan 3rds 4-3 Falmouth Town 3res

Replayed game from the abandoned game the other week, End to end chances galore we finally got the win late on...

We went ahead when Dan Richards after 10 minutes scored  from distance giving keeper no chance, Falmouth then came back the other end and equalised when a cross was misjudged by Illogan keeper and looped over him 1-1... another cross wasn't dealt with and Falmouth striker poked home in a goalmouth scramble 2-1 to Falmouth minutes later huge talking point Illogan winger Robbie Price intercepted a Falmouth pass and raced clear as rounding the keeper was hacked down now the full back from Falmouth was coming across but it was complete open goal opportunity and definite goalscoring opportunity the keeper got a yellow card!!! Just before half time Dan Richards equalised with another great strike from edge of box 2-2 half time... I gave my lads bit of rollicking half time felt like we were too passive and not working hard enough without the ball, we upped the tempo and started creating lots of openings but Falmouth pace on break was always a threat... 

We took the lead when captain Carl Stretton was fouled and Aaron Richards smashed in a unstoppable free kick from 30 yards where the falmouth keeper just didn't move but straight away other end from restart Falmouth earned a corner which went straight in 3-3!! 

Both teams made changes to freshen things up and it became end to end game Falmouth had huge opportunity but Illogans keeper saved 1on 1 and with couple minutes remaining Illogan winger Pete Norfolk left two Falmouth defenders in his wake before putting a brilliant cross into back post for striker Sam Waters to head home the winner from close range 4-3 final score 

On Wed Apr 26 2017 at 01:52, stokefan1 said:

Replayed game from the abandoned game the other week, End to end chances galore we finally got the win late on...

We went ahead when Dan Richards after 10 minutes scored  from distance giving keeper no chance, Falmouth then came back the other end and equalised when a cross was misjudged by Illogan keeper and looped over him 1-1... another cross wasn't dealt with and Falmouth striker poked home in a goalmouth scramble 2-1 to Falmouth minutes later huge talking point Illogan winger Robbie Price intercepted a Falmouth pass and raced clear as rounding the keeper was hacked down now the full back from Falmouth was coming across but it was complete open goal opportunity and definite goalscoring opportunity the keeper got a yellow card!!! Just before half time Dan Richards equalised with another great strike from edge of box 2-2 half time... I gave my lads bit of rollicking half time felt like we were too passive and not working hard enough without the ball, we upped the tempo and started creating lots of openings but Falmouth pace on break was always a threat... 

We took the lead when captain Carl Stretton was fouled and Aaron Richards smashed in a unstoppable free kick from 30 yards where the falmouth keeper just didn't move but straight away other end from restart Falmouth earned a corner which went straight in 3-3!! 

Both teams made changes to freshen things up and it became end to end game Falmouth had huge opportunity but Illogans keeper saved 1on 1 and with couple minutes remaining Illogan winger Pete Norfolk left two Falmouth defenders in his wake before putting a brilliant cross into back post for striker Sam Waters to head home the winner from close range 4-3 final score 

Scott, the law has changed with regards to denying of an obvious goalscoring opportunity. If the offence occured inside the penalty area, It's no longer a nailed on red card. The sanction is a caution unless the foul was pushing, pulling or holding, made no attempt to get the ball or commits one of the mandatory sending off offences.

Good result for you guys mind, I'd expect nothing less when you have Dan up front though. If he played in Trelawny every week, he'd be one of the best strikers in the league, if not the best.

1 hour ago, B_D said:

Scott, the law has changed with regards to denying of an obvious goalscoring opportunity. It's no longer a nailed on red card. The sanction is a caution unless the foul was pushing, pulling or holding, made no attempt to get the ball or commits one of the mandatory sending off offences.

Good result for you guys mind, I'd expect nothing less when you have Dan up front though. If he played in Trelawny every week, he'd be one of the best strikers in the league, if not the best.

Okay change of rule fair enough, Dan didn't play up front actually but yeah he's second top goalscorer in peninsula west so easily would be best in the Trelawny league no disrespect to anyone else he's consistently proved it at higher level ! We're just lucky he's Illogan proper lad and will play for any team in the club! Yeah important win for us can't wait to its over bit of break one more game :)

Ps the chances of Dan playing week in week out in trelawny league are zero, he wants to play at highest level he can like anyone should want too I believe 

10 hours ago, stokefan1 said:

Town must have put up some fight without two of their key players in Ben Richardson and Harry McMellon out against a side who has dropped in Peninsula players, fair play town, and hard luck!

Tms 0-6 Pendeen 

Threemilestone ' s 1 match unbeaten run came to an end against promotion hopeful ' s Pendeen. I popped down after work but by the time I'd arrived the visitors were 3 up, apparently the stones had a nightmare start to the game!! Pendeen scored a forth before ht with a penalty given for a handball, which was harsh. 2nd half was a much better performance from the stones, but with twenty or so minutes to go Pendeen scored with a header from a corner and wrapped things up with a shot from wide left which beat the keeper. 

5 minutes ago, Ron Manager said:

Tms 0-6 Pendeen 

Threemilestone ' s 1 match unbeaten run came to an end against promotion hopeful ' s Pendeen. I popped down after work but by the time I'd arrived the visitors were 3 up, apparently the stones had a nightmare start to the game!! Pendeen scored a forth before ht with a penalty given for a handball, which was harsh. 2nd half was a much better performance from the stones, but with twenty or so minutes to go Pendeen scored with a header from a corner and wrapped things up with a shot from wide left which beat the keeper. 

Full time says 0-7 Phil

14 hours ago, B_D said:

Scott, the law has changed with regards to denying of an obvious goalscoring opportunity. It's no longer a nailed on red card. The sanction is a caution unless the foul was pushing, pulling or holding, made no attempt to get the ball or commits one of the mandatory sending off offences.

@stokefan1 did this happen inside or outside the penalty area though?