Cornwall Football Forum

Arthur Pearce Semi Final

Arthur Pearce Cup

Semi Final 

We take on Frogpool Reserves tonight in the semi final of the Arthur Pearce Cup at Wendron, 6:15 kick-off. Should be a good game for the neutral as both sides are a footballing side and like to play football the right way. So if u are looking for something to do on a nice sunny (hopefully) evening come up at watch what will hopefully be a good game of football between two junior sides! 

9 hours ago, GEACH1 said:

I was just thinking  I wouldn't mind watching a game of football by two good footballing sides tonight but I checked the fa full time website and mabe vs penwith isn't on 2nite ! 

Two good footballing sides and you mention mabe?? ;)

9 hours ago, GEACH1 said:

I was just thinking  I wouldn't mind watching a game of football by two good footballing sides tonight but I checked the fa full time website and mabe vs penwith isn't on 2nite ! 

You wouldn't say that if you watched us tonight lol.. 

RESULT: Frogpool Reserves 1 - 2 Mawnan Reserves (AET)

A good game between two good footballing sides tonight. A scrappy sort of opening 15 minutes where neither team struggled to get a strong foothold in the game. After this, Mawnan looked the better side for the rest of the first half, taking the lead. Frogpool looked good on a couple of occasions with good passing moves, but just couldn't quite compete on the same level as Mawnan. Frogpool continued to struggle at the start of the second half. However, once Frogpool equalised then they looked the better team. They threatened on a number of occasions and had the upper hand in the game. The game finished 1-1 and went in to extra time. Not much in it really apart from a good finish from Kier Dent. How he scored I don't know as it was from a fairly tight angle. On the whole Mawnan probably deserved to win the game and make the final. However, being from Frogpool the lads should hold their heads up high. A great achievement for themselves as individuals and a team, but also as a club. Good luck to Mawnan in the final.

1 minute ago, JENGLE said:

A good game between two good footballing sides tonight. A scrappy sort of opening 15 minutes where neither team struggled to get a strong foothold in the game. After this, Mawnan looked the better side for the rest of the first half, taking the lead. Frogpool looked good on a couple of occasions with good passing moves, but just couldn't quite compete on the same level as Mawnan. Frogpool continued to struggle at the start of the second half. However, once Frogpool equalised then they looked the better team. They threatened on a number of occasions and had the upper hand in the game. The game finished 1-1 and went in to extra time. Not much in it really apart from a good finish from Kier Dent. How he scored I don't know as it was from a fairly tight angle. On the whole Mawnan probably deserved to win the game and make the final. However, being from Frogpool the lads should hold their heads up high. A great achievement for themselves as individuals and a team, but also as a club. Good luck to Mawnan in the final.

Well done mawnan ,  sometimes keir dent comes up with some magic.  

33 minutes ago, JENGLE said:

Got to give Frogpool credit where it's due they made the game very difficult for us and are a great young side who play good football and will only get better! Got to agree though I did think we edged the game on a whole and did deserve the win! But only edge it just may I add. On to the final now next Wednesday, which is a fantastic achievement for us being a whole new side this season! Good luck to Frogpool for the remainder of there season, good bunch ? 

Mawnan goal scorers 

Brodie Kemp x1

Keir Dent x1

Congratulations to Mawnan. Tight game where a wonder goal was the only difference between the two sides, so proud of the boys as they left everything on the pitch and it really could've gone either way.

Sam Bromley scored our goal. Game excellently officiated by Nigel Jewell, thank you to Jamie Mooney for coming to run the line for us, hero. As for the Mawnan linesman, I'm saying nothing ?. 

All the best for the final, Wendron or Newlyn await!

1 hour ago, Tempo said:

Congratulations to Mawnan. Tight game where a wonder goal was the only difference between the two sides, so proud of the boys as they left everything on the pitch and it really could've gone either way.

Sam Bromley scored our goal. Game excellently officiated by Nigel Jewell, thank you to Jamie Mooney for coming to run the line for us, hero. As for the Mawnan linesman, I'm saying nothing ?. 

All the best for the final, Wendron or Newlyn await!

nice to see an official, slating.....another official! :yahoo:

28 minutes ago, Manager. said:

Don't start picking on the linesman. The amount of people going on at him in the second half was a ******* joke. You don't get it right all the time. Show some respect

Like I said I'm not saying anything. Everyone there saw it. Nothing can be done about it now so it's irrelevant. 

23 minutes ago, Sijames said:

'Like I said I'm not saying anthing. Everyone there saw it.'

a slight contradiction there my son! ?

Do you ever have a day off? I just mean everyone who was there saw it so there's no point me going on about it. Anyway, Mawnan edged the game and deserved to go through so it really doesn't matter. The loss hurt but they earned it ??

In the other semi final our third team beat Newlyn Non-Athletico Reserves 7-2. Thanks to Troon for hosting the semi. We now play Mawnan at Illogan next Wednesday in the final. 

This is the third consecutive season the side has made the final, winning a he previous two. A great  achievement and hopefully the boys can get their hat trick. 

1 hour ago, WendronOfficial said:

In the other semi final our third team beat Newlyn Non-Athletico Reserves 7-2. Thanks to Troon for hosting the semi. We now play Mawnan at Illogan next Wednesday in the final. 

This is the third consecutive season the side has made the final, winning a he previous two. A great  achievement and hopefully the boys can get their hat trick. 

Congratulations to Wendron, in particular to Rob who has done a fantastic job managing the third team. Should be a cracking final between two good sides.

2 hours ago, Tempo said:

Congratulations to Wendron, in particular to Rob who has done a fantastic job managing the third team. Should be a cracking final between two good sides.

This will be a good game ,  I think I will make my way to illogan for this . Il have to dig my wendron scarf out the cupboard.  ??‍♀️??‍♀️??‍♀️