Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL - Wednesday April 19 2017

Wednesday April 19

CARLSBERG SOUTH WEST PENINSULA LEAGUE

PREMIER DIVISION

Exmouth Town    2-1  Tiverton Town Reserves (7.45 pm)

Launceston     0-1    Bodmin Town (6.30 pm)

DIVISION ONE (EAST)

University of Exeter    2–2   Newton Abbot Spurs (6.30 pm)

Despite saved penalties from Adam Carter and Ben Seymour, Bodmin still keep their title retaining hopes alive with a 1-0 win at Launceston.

The crucial goal came 27 minutes into the match from the lively hard-working midfielder Dan Sullivan with a 20 yard shot into the Clarets roof of the net.

31 minutes ago, TURNIP TED said:

Is Wednesday at Bodmin ?

TT - no it's at Tavvy, which is no major inconvienence for Bodmin as a lot of the squad are from that way and I think Bodmin will actually win that one - however I think the league will be wrapped up before that game. Tavvy have Godolphin at home on Saturday - Godolphin are poor (at present) and I can only see Tavvy taking a comfortable 3 points and increasing their goal difference.

Bodmin are away to Cullompton on Monday and with Cullompton being able to draw on the Bristol Manor Farm striker, Stamp, and others, as they did against Camelford on Tuesday night, I think with tired legs and a long journey - this game might be one too many for Bodmin.

Actually hope it goes to the wire, as good for league.

Wasn't pretty, wasn't fancy at Launceston last night but Bodmin had more than enough in the tank to see off the home side.

Launceston were uninspiring indeed and barely had a couple of half chances throughout the entire 90 minutes.

Still, Bodmin had to win and that's just what they did, even fluffed a couple of penalties in the process.

Not a great game for the neutral, a scrappy affair lacking cohesion and quality. As for Launceston making it interesting, forget it, never in doubt.

Unfortunate that both Adam Carter and Dan Sullivan worsened the niggling tweeks they initially picked up in Mondays Cup Final.

Adam Carter has an achilles problem whilst Sully has a thigh issue, both have been told to rest but that's not easy with all the games coming up next week?

Tough run in for Bodmin and fatigue (plus injuries) will be critical.

Goal difference is in favour of Tavistock so there needs to be a defining moment for Bodmin, everyone is going for the head to head between the two clubs. Not many people are flagging up that difficult looking away game Tavistock have got over at Plymouth Parkway? Could be difficult that one?

Still a number of possible outcomes depending on results.