Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combination League Results and Table - Tuesday 11th April 2017

Combo Results
Tuesday 11th April 2017
Falmouth Town Reserves (Ben Kellow, Chris Shackley, Luke Trewhella) 3-2 Redruth United (Ben Beesley, Chris Dower)
Att- 20
Hayle (Cameron Irish 2) 2-1 Mullion (Ross Wara) 
Att- 25
Helston Athletic Reserves (Dan Stidwell 3, Jamie Thompson) 4-0 Carharrack 
 Att- 62
Holman SC (Hal Davis) 1-5 Ludgvan (Gerens James 5)
Att- 30
Illogan RBL Reserves (Chris Tolley, Dave Mitchell) 2-0 Perranporth 
 Att- 30
Newquay Reserves (Harry Tiltson) 1-6 Porthleven Reserves (Gavin Perraton 2, Lewis Hemsley, Charlie Young, Oscar Fergus-Gay, Ryan Trathen)
Att- 37
Penryn Athletic Reserves (Ben Allen) 1-1 St Agnes (Jacob Springall) 
Att- 40
St Day (Bryan Hawke) 1-1 Perranwell (Danny Quick) 
 Att- 50
St Ives Town (Joel McWilliam 2, Josh Magin, Dave Boules, Louis Graham, Sean Roberts) 6-4 St Just (Toby Angwin 2, Andrew Curnow, Neil Curnow)
Att- 40

Table @ 22.00 on 11/4/17
POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS
1 CARHARRACK 32 26 4 2 128 38 90 84*
2 LUDGVAN 30 23 6 1 90 25 65 75
3 ST IVES 30 20 7 3 113 39 74 67
4 ST AGNES 30 21 2 7 116 47 69 65
5 HELSTON 36 19 3 14 110 64 46 60
6 ST DAY 30 15 5 10 79 62 17 50
7 PORTHLEVEN 32 14 4 14 67 60 7 46
8 ST JUST 30 14 4 12 72 70 2 46
9 PERRANWELL 32 13 5 14 63 65 -2 46*
10 HAYLE 31 14 3 14 74 87 -13 45
11 HOLMANS 30 12 4 13 55 73 -18 40
12 GOONHAVERN 32 12 4 16 49 70 -21 40
13 REDRUTH 31 12 3 16 51 55 -4 39
14 FALMOUTH 35 11 1 23 51 104 -53 34
15 PENRYN 31 8 7 16 43 67 -24 31
16 PERRANPORTH 32 9 4 19 49 91 -42 31
17 MULLION 32 8 6 18 37 69 -32 29*
18 ILLOGAN 30 8 5 17 51 92 -41 28*
19 CULDROSE 24 8 0 16 42 71 -29 24
20 NEWQUAY 32 3 5 24 34 126 -92 -1*

Hayle 2-1 Mullion ,  even match Hayle had to dig deep to hang on , Mullion missed a pen second half  , and a late goal ruled out by the ref ,. Hard game for the ref with Mullion constantly on his back  , they never stop moaning , in the end he booked a couple , but if this is what is happening to our local football , why do any of us bother to turn up, it's combo football not the World cup,.  , 

Illogan 2-0 Perranporth 

Decent end to end open game, first half Perranporth had the better of the openings but Illogans 16 year old keeper made couple of impressive saves and also a couple close misses from Perranporth attackers, Perranporth keeper did well to stop couple efforts from Simon ellis and dave mitchell just before the interval half time 0-0 

The first goal was always gonna be key and illogan got it after a hour a free kick was powerfully headed in by Chris tolley, Perranporth chucked everything at Illogan from this point but Illogans defence stood strong clearing everything put into there box and they finally closed the game out with 10 minutes remaining a carbon copy of the first goal a free kick whipped in and headed in this time by dave mitchell... huge 3 points for Illogan against a very strong Perranporth outfit!

Special mention to Steve brewer of Perranporth class act all game didn't deserve to be on the losing side 

Makes the next few weeks interesting with Carharrack having to play Ludgvan, St Agnes and St Ives. If Ludgvan can win their games in hand and get a result against Carharrack it will make for another good climax to the end of the Combo season. Carharrack do have a superior GD but with the Swedish goal machine scoring for fun the gap could be closed in a couple of games as there has been some heavy defeats inflicted on some Combo teams this season. I will be looking forward to catching as many games as I can before the end of season, especially 22/04/2017 when the two sides meet. Good luck to both sides as they have been the two teams to beat this season. Also good luck to Ludgvan in this Sundays cup final, which again should be a cracker against local rivals St Ives who themselves have had a another decent season so far.    

23 hours ago, stevieb said:

Hayle 2-1 Mullion ,  even match Hayle had to dig deep to hang on , Mullion missed a pen second half  , and a late goal ruled out by the ref ,. Hard game for the ref with Mullion constantly on his back  , they never stop moaning , in the end he booked a couple , but if this is what is happening to our local football , why do any of us bother to turn up, it's combo football not the World cup,.  , 

I won't get involved in the referee debate. Really no need. He wasn't willing to speak in the bar after the game so I'm not going to bother on here.

As for your 'it's Combo football not the World Cup', utterly baffling. Because we aren't as good as Messi we shouldn't care about winning games of football? Mullion FC were desperate for 3 points last night, as I'm sure Hayle were. If you want to watch friendlies I'm sure there will be plenty throughout July.

1 hour ago, Jenko14 said:

I won't get involved in the referee debate. Really no need. He wasn't willing to speak in the bar after the game so I'm not going to bother on here.

As for your 'it's Combo football not the World Cup', utterly baffling. Because we aren't as good as Messi we shouldn't care about winning games of football? Mullion FC were desperate for 3 points last night, as I'm sure Hayle were. If you want to watch friendlies I'm sure there will be plenty throughout July.

Both teams want to win , but come on for a club that has done well in the combo of late , this season this team is the worst lot for moaning , claiming for every dead ball , challenging the refs every decision , that i have come across, suprised really  as usually  Mullion in the past have been ok , don't know what has changed but there is always a good welcome when you P!ay at Mullion ,.

11 hours ago, stevieb said:

Both teams want to win , but come on for a club that has done well in the combo of late , this season this team is the worst lot for moaning , claiming for every dead ball , challenging the refs every decision , that i have come across, suprised really  as usually  Mullion in the past have been ok , don't know what has changed but there is always a good welcome when you P!ay at Mullion ,.

Surely you can't believe a player goes in to the game planning to get on a refs back? I've played in half a dozen games this season and the standard of refereeing has been genuinely very good. I made a point of going over to Liam Mankee to tell him how well he handled one of our games earlier in the season, a game which we lost. So it isn't a case of sour grapes.

Some of the things the referee said to both sets of players on Tuesday was just laughable to be honest, let alone the decisions. Mistakes happen, that was just pure incompetence.

I don't know what has changed over the years but players shout for every throw in , goal kick, corner , even when it is evident that it is against them ,  the other  night it  started from the first whistle , even keepers who are as far away from the action are shouting  for every challenge which they possibly can't see , including penalties ,.  A refs job is hard enough but the constant  white noise going on around the pitch must be so frustrating , i know it is for supporters .

1 hour ago, stevieb said:

I don't know what has changed over the years but players shout for every throw in , goal kick, corner , even when it is evident that it is against them ,  the other  night it  started from the first whistle , even keepers who are as far away from the action are shouting  for every challenge which they possibly can't see , including penalties ,.  A refs job is hard enough but the constant  white noise going on around the pitch must be so frustrating , i know it is for supporters .

Comes from the premiership, you see it every game - and the ref does nothing there either (!)