Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy League - Saturday March 11th 2017

Please feel free to post your postponement, result, goalscorers and post-match comments

Premier Division

Edgcumbe FC       0-8          St Minver

LC Phoenix      1-7          St Stephen

Pelynt     4-3          Callington Town

Saltash United      2-5          Biscovey

Torpoint Athletic         2-1          Foxhole Stars

Division 1

St Columb Major        1-3         Sticker

Altarnun          2-5          Veryan

Grampound     P-P       AFC Bodmin

Gunnislake      P-P          St Dennis

Holywell and Cubert      3-3          St Dominick

St Mawgan      2-3          Gerrans & St Mawes Utd

Division 2

Lifton          6-2          Tintagel

Mevagissey     0-6          St Cleer

North Hill        1-2          St Newlyn East

St Merryn        4-2          Queens Rangers

Tregrehan Mills        2-6          Godolphin Atlantic

Division 3

Calstock           P-P        St Minver Reserves

Delabole United      3-2         Stoke Climsland

Gorran          P-P   Tregony

High Street     1-0          Saltash United Res

Lanivet Inn      6-2          Grampound Reserves

Division 4

Dobwalls        P-P          AFC Par

Foxhole Stars Reserves        3-3          Lanreath

St Stephen Res       2-1          Rame Peninsula FC

Division 5

Boscastle Reserves     2-1        St Anns Chapel

Looe Town       1-2          Liskeard Athletic

Wadebridge Town      3-2          Lostwithiel Reserves

Week St Mary            1-2          Southgate

Alturnun 2 : 5 veryan

After a tuff game against sticker last week we got back to winning ways with a decent performance from us! Todays goal scorers were alex pearce, justin trebilcock , polish derek , martyn o'callagahan and dan vincent!! Mom georgie brown outstanding centre midfeild performance!!!  4 games left of the season next against st coloumn 

59 minutes ago, copey said:

After a tuff game against sticker last week we got back to winning ways with a decent performance from us! Todays goal scorers were alex pearce, justin trebilcock , polish derek , martyn o'callagahan and dan vincent!! Mom georgie brown outstanding centre midfeild performance!!!  4 games left of the season next against st coloumn 

Very enjoyable game to Ref, credit to both sides who just wanted to play the right way!!!

Boscastle Reserves 2-1 St Anns Chapel (H/T 1-1)

The Duchy League basement battle took place at Forrabury Park watched by a crowd of about 35. Both sides had chances but the visitors took the lead after 37 minutes but it was cancelled out just three minutes later.

The second half was end to end with the home side hitting the bar from close range before taking a decisive 2-1 lead after an hour. A further effort was rule out for offside but the game wasn't safe as St Anns tried in vain to bag an equaliser.

Referee Mark Hill had a good game and I hope Paul Murphy thinks so too as he was there taking notes.

North Hill 1 - 2 St Newlyn East 

After 15 mins the visitors took the league but within ten more the scores were level. On 25 mins Newlyn were down to ten men after a second yellow for handball but minutes later found themselves two one up. North Hill struggled make the man advantage count in a frustrating game with many booked. Credit must go to 10 men Newlyn who worked their socks off for a deserved and valuable 3 points!

20 hours ago, copey said:

We got loads left yet,think we got u 4 weeks time ain't we?

19 hours ago, davegrose said:

We got loads left yet,think we got u 4 weeks time ain't we?

Yeh in may i think mate u boys have a few games to get in but with 3 teams shudnt be a problem! ?

On 11/03/2017 at 18:44, BryJayLew said:

Very enjoyable game to Ref, credit to both sides who just wanted to play the right way!!!

It was a decent game and well reffed by you!! Hopefully we will get you again sometime! ?

1 hour ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

Thank-you Willow for the blast of "Lily Allen; live at Glastonbury" tagged on to the end of The Boscastle equaliser clip. You really do have exquisite taste!

Sorry Bruegel I don't understand.

Sorry Willow. When your clip of the goal being scored ends the mini-screen splits into six smaller screens, each with a new clip. In this particular case they are: 1) A golekeeping error gifts Lamerton a sixth goal......... 2) Boscastle reserves hit the bar...... 3) Boscastle reserves have a goal disallowed....... 4) St. Anne's Chapel makes a double save........ 5) Final whistle heralds Boscastle reserves first win....... and of course 6) the delightful Lily Allen belting out "It's Not Fair"

I am no technophile so I've absolutely no idea why it happens Willow, I assumed that it just showed the last six video clips logged in the camera as the second video that you downloaded includes the same six clips.

maybe one of our more technical minded members can enlighten us with the answer.

I did wonder about this Paul, however I have never seen any of the other five, recreational football related, videos. Indeed I don't even know if they're available online. As they relate mainly to the match Willow was posting about, I assumed they were part of the same block.

As for Lily Allen; great voice, great ambassador for Test Cricket, what's not to like. Don't recall seeing this particular video before though, but definitely will again!