Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League Cup Proposal.

I would like to propose that the League Cup (three games to get to the final) be started after the new year so that all clubs have something to play for in the second half of the season. Any seconders ? I welcome your comments. The proposal has to be with the League by tomorrow's end, so very little time to debate.

Thank you.

8 minutes ago, Graham Hart said:

I would like to propose that the League Cup (three games to get to the final) be started after the new year so that all clubs have something to play for in the second half of the season. Any seconders ? I welcome your comments. The proposal has to be with the League by tomorrow's end, so very little time to debate.

Thank you.

Sounds like a good idea to me. Play the first two rounds of the Percy Stephens/Arthur Pearce Cup before Christmas and start the divisional cups after Christmas. Still draw the ties at the AGM or before the season starts and if two drawn teams have a free date, are willing to bring the game forward, and have a referee or someone willing to do it available then with the league's permission it can be brought forward but mainly played in the New Year is a cracking suggestion. It will stop the season going stale.

17 minutes ago, Graham Hart said:

Thank you.

Graham, have you put your idea forward to David James?

Rule 20.b

Notice of proposed alterations to be considered at the Annual General Meeting shall be submitted to the Secretary by 28th February in each year. The proposals, together with any proposals by the Management Committee, shall be circulated to the Clubs by 31st March and any amendments thereto shall be submitted to the Secretary by 14th April. The proposals and proposed amendments thereto shall be circulated to Clubs with the notice of the Annual General Meeting. A proposal to change a Rule shall be carried if a majority of those present and entitled to vote and voting are in favour. 

:)

My thoughts exactly W O. At this time of writing though, there are only two and a half hours left for a club to second my proposal and put it in writing. Message me privately if you so wish, but it has to be with the league secretary in writing by midnight tonight. I need a seconder fast if it is to be put to the Clubs at the AGM for next season.

There's nothing in the ruling that I have quoted above that states you need a proposal seconded. The proposal would go to the committee, who would discuss. Those proposals then go to the clubs to consider at a later date.

At the AGM, these rule proposals are spoken of and then a vote takes place to determine the outcome.

Great idea Graham ? I remember when the play offs were first introduced many years ago and a lot of people were against it but personally I think it was one of the best decisions made at that level of football. Apart from maybe half a dozen teams bang in the middle of the table the season is still alive for most clubs up until the final games of their seasons. I'm sure the divisional cups could easily be played from March onwards either at a weekend or an evening without too much disruption to the fixture secretary.  ⚽