Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Supp Cup result - 26/4/15

Poor location that's why. No disrespect to Mullion but had it been at Hayle or St Day the attendance would've been 100+. The other semi at Port will be poorly attended too for the same reason.

i have to agree with this, location is key to any semi / final and i'd liked to of thought the league would of taken this into consideration mainly for the two teams playing in the game.  there was no atmosphere at the game, and if anything it felt like an end of season nothing game!

this is in no way a dig at Mullion FC, as i must add they have done a considerable amount of work in the clubhouse which is now one of the best in the Combo.  A real shame they did not meet the required ground grading although I do believe they have appealed this, they may need to consider the dugouts being on different sides of the pitch which could prove to be an issue.

i know the combination league has taken some stick in recent years for being ‘not like it used to be’ with regards to the standard, but I honestly think it is now better than it has ever been.  And with the new promotion system in place it will only get better and better with the addition of carharrack and holmans next season and possibly x1 other (who?!) it will be superb.

Poor location that's why. No disrespect to Mullion but had it been at Hayle or St Day the attendance would've been 100+. The other semi at Port will be poorly attended too for the same reason.

I agree but don't think Port is a bad choice at all.

Seeing that it's raised from 42 to 95 that isn't so bad.

​The chap who did the originalheadcount was all fingers and toes so I got two second opinions.

Secondly before they started taking money on the gate a lot of people were already inside the ground who didn't end up paying. A lot of supporters had a cheap day out.

Seeing that it's raised from 42 to 95 that isn't so bad.

​The chap who did the originalheadcount was all fingers and toes so I got two second opinions.

Secondly before they started taking money on the gate a lot of people were already inside the ground who didn't end up paying. A lot of supporters had a cheap day out.

I think they must have stayed in the bar Paul 😀