Cornwall Football Forum

GODOLPHIN VS ST BLAZEY

Great performance tonight. Great team effort. You can always tell  you've got a team on the ropes when they scream at everything and their supporters remind their side how rubbish the opposition is. Well tonight we battled away, could have scored more and defended very well. Painter in the Blazey goal only had two saves to make. Huge 3 points and a welcome league double. 

Have to say the ground looks fantastic. Very tidy. The paths look very good and the new stand is very different. Better than the usual rentastands. But best of all the floodlights. Only 4 poles but with several lights on each. Very impressive and probably the best lighting I've seen. Turning into a quality swpl league ground. Well done to all who have worked hard to achieve this. 

I would say the G had a near full team out with perhaps the back line not at its strongest, however that was not the problem. St Blazey were quicker to the ball, strong through out the pitch and inventive in there passing, a game they deserved to win. A couple or so games now where G have been a little lacklustre, I think after the two St Austell matches which took great effort and determination they have relaxed, however I do know that this will only be temporary.

Thank you Wellpassedit. Blazey haven't got much credit lately (perhaps in the shadow of another!!!) but I felt last night we played well at a high tempo and there was more often an end result to our accurate passing game. The lads seem to have really responded to the defeat at Elburton and that's now two away wins on the spin-Withy and the G-neither easy places to go!!!

Onwards and upwards 

only saw the 1st half of this match but very impressed with St Blazey and especially the young no3 thought he was outstanding not the best of displays from the G but when they get everybody backfrom injury they will come good again . Thought the defence was poor but thats not the 1st choice defence . On to Bodmin on Saturday