Cornwall Football Forum

CAPITAL ONE ,CUP FINAL.

Difficult one to c all. On paper, Chelsea (in my opinion) better the Spurs team man for man. Only 2 of the Spurs players are equal to or better than, and they are Erikson and Kane. Both are very good players, and would get into most if not all other PL teams. The best of the others just are not quite there yet, Lamela, Mason and so on. Can be good, but are mostly average. Chelsea will be fired up to get revenge for the recent drubbing at WHL. I think Chelsea will get it by 2 goals.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for an abandoned game, 6 concussions, 4 broken legs, 2 cruciate ruptures and a lost eye, but that's a long shot. 

And I worked with the clubs admin alongside the players.
Fantastic conversations with the great Danny Blanchflower.

bloody hell can you remember when you could barge the keeper over ha ha ,jumpers for goal posts the laced up leather footballs

Yeh and every game was a cup final.  In the holidays we'd play all day and all night too if mother hadn't intervened.  :)

Ah the good old shoulder charge I was at the 1957 Cup Final Manchester United 1 Aston Villa 2. on the day I thought Peter McParland's challenge on Ray Woods was fair, supporting the underdogs Villa that day I wasn't one of those booing McParland - this week they showed that challenge on TV before Villa took on Leicester, that isn't how I remembered it. Happy days.    

I did see a couple of weeks ago a highlights of an old Arsenal game from the 70s with the keeper ,Jimmy Rimmer not wearing gloves ,and also Pat Jennings ,I can remember Bob Wilson wearing gloves which looked like gardening gloves ,how things have changed with keepers spending a small fortune on gloves.

Getting back to the subject.

Chelski will be the favourites,for sure.They play one way,Good keeper,top defenders,decent midfielders,and a striker that scores goals.

BUT.

A good manager,will know how to play against them.Just like Spurs did at WHL.

We will have to keep the ball for long periods,Starve the service to Costa,by closing down their midfield,quickly,and press them with a high line.

When they have the ball and attack us,we must hit them on the counter attack.

It will take some doing,and all our players will have to perform.

I do not fear Chelski at all,and I am quietly confident.

Its going to be a great day out,as it alwaysis with the YID ARMY.

COYS. :yahoo:  :drink:  :yahoo:  :drink:

Getting back to the subject.
Chelski will be the favourites,for sure.They play one way,Good keeper,top defenders,decent midfielders,and a striker that scores goals.
BUT.
A good manager,will know how to play against them.Just like Spurs did at WHL.
We will have to keep the ball for long periods,Starve the service to Costa,by closing down their midfield,quickly,and press them with a high line.
When they have the ball and attack us,we must hit them on the counter attack.
It will take some doing,and all our players will have to perform.
I do not fear Chelski at all,and I am quietly confident.
Its going to be a great day out,as it alwaysis with the YID ARMY.
COYS. :yahoo:  :drink:  :yahoo:  :drink:

nooooo let's reminisce about the old days which is about the same time spuds last won the league ha ha

Nope, never liked the bloke......and he signed for Assenhole. He was a plonker, and still is today.

older it will be rich clubs playing for the league cup , pity it can't be a draw as not keen on either team for various reasons ,but Pocahontas might have the hoodoo over Chelskie

Nearly a week gone now and nothing from sss? A real spud always spouting when they win but no comment on final at least older will post even when they lose

You are a Goon.

Why are you on a Chelsea v Spurs Cup Final thread asking for comments.

I do spout when Spurs win,as I did when we turned your shower over.

No response was made to you because I know the rubbish you will spout.Champions League,still above you,20 years or what ever.

Get my drift.

But just in case you are remotely interested.

The Cup Final was even until Chelsea scored with a deflected goal,right on HT.

Second half,Spurs did'nt seem to believe they could do it.

Chelsea do what they are good at,defend in depth and hold on to what they got,and try and hit you on the break.

They managed another deflected goal,and that was game over.

As for staying home.Never,It was still a great day.

Thats the difference between,you and me.

Ah there you are sss thought you were lost in Truro ha ha . sorry thought this was an open forum .and anyone can comment on posts ? Have missed you old chap on the non football site .just thought I would stir you from your slumber .and away from your love of truro. Two weeks sss bit disappointed .

Ah there you are sss thought you were lost in Truro ha ha . sorry thought this was an open forum .and anyone can comment on posts ? Have missed you old chap on the non football site .just thought I would stir you from your slumber .and away from your love of truro. Two weeks sss bit disappointed .

My love for Truro only,extends to away games,these days.

Surprised Masters did'nt try and extend my ban to Wembley.