Cornwall Football Forum

Perranwell Reserves withdraw from Trelawny Premier

As posted on the Trelawny League FA Full-time site this morning

Withdrawal from the Premier Division

Perranwell Reserves have withdrawn from the Premier Division with immediate effect and their playing record to date has been expunged.

As a result of this withdrawal only one team will be relegated from the Premier Division at the conclusion of the season.

There is no impact to either the Percy Stephens Cup or Dunn Cup as Perranwell were defeated in the first round of both competitions.

Very sad to hear. Getting very common place these days. I was involved at Probus 3 years ago , when we had to do the same with our 2nds.

But with Tony Penrose and his team of helpers , Probus have again a 2nd team doing well in Trelawny 5.

Thing can change quickly. Best of luck to Perranwell for the future.

Such a shame a regular premier side of this league and always had a good side each year and were great support to the combo side.

If any of those players that were playing regularly and turning up for them are still wanting to play and looking for a team Chacewater are always looking to add to our squad and are in the same division so the experience would be great for us.

Always a shame to see an established side go Perranwell not my favourite venue to play at I must admit but their is some fantastic hard working people behind the scenes who don't deserve the pain and grief of losing a reserve side through lack of numbers....I wish the club luck