Cornwall Football Forum

and fans moan about players conduct!

without wanting it to seem like sour grapes after losing to Shepton Mallet in the vase, I would like to know what action would or should be taken against a club if one of their supporters kicks/hits an opposition player during a game?

Yes, this did actually happen yesterday. We were losing 5-3, but were pushing for goals and looked like we could actually get something out of the game. The Shepton Mallet fans behind our goal obviously thought the same because after one of their attacks broke down, the ball ran out for a goal kick and rolled into a group of them, rather than kick it back onto the pitch, I watched one bloke actually kick it further away! I ducked under the barrier and through the group of fans to retrieve the ball, picked the ball up and commented on his sporting behaviour. In reaction to this he kicked me as i turned to duck back under the barrier.

As always the ref or assistant couldn't see it (surprise) although obviously everybody else up that end did. I'm sure the club would know the person involved. If it was the other way around and I kicked him, I'd be looking at a huge ban, why should he/they get away with it!

:angry: Sadly childish behaviour goes on still. if we write in each time it happens we would fill the screen. When i was in England last, saw the parkway Blazey game. The ball went out and a few minutes later it was thrown back into the ground and kept in the Blazey dug out, I had to go and definately ask for ' our ball back please' and said I thought this level of football was above trying to collect footballs. Its life experiences I am afraid as denials would occur and its not worth arguing about. ;)

Very True Mike. Plus we may play a side from the SWPL east who we havnt played before. A few of us have already thought about a night out in Torquay after the match with Dartmouth. When we play Cullompton away I will be watching Argyle v Bristol City, 12.30ko. Finish at half 2. Drive to Cullompton and get there for the end of the first half. Plenty of football still to look forward to. Starting with West Ham away on wedneday.

Guest Peppermint

This incident should not be allowed to be brushed under the carpet. Bradley is quite right that if he had kicked the spectator he would have been looking at a lengthy ban. I think a letter to Shepton Mallet club would be in order and if they are serious about protecting their good name they should take action. Players need to be protected from this sort of thuggish behaviour.

It seems amazing that you can have three officials at the game but no one sees this or perhaps did not wish to see it for a quiet life. Yesterday at Mount Wise the officials did not see or choose to ignore two players pulling a Newquay player's shirt leading up to the winning goal. Most of the spectators at the game witnessed the incident but surprise surprise the so called highly rated officials did not.

Guest Cornishdave1980

I think Blazy need to take this further not for sour grapes but to ensure Shepton Mallett sort their fans out and that this doesn't happen again to any team.

Fair play to Crouchy im not sure i could have kept my cool!

just a bit cheesed off about everything yesterday, and had to let it out. Half of me this morning wished I'd nutted him at the time, but glad to say I resisted at the time and now after a day at work I've got other things to think about.

At least I managed to notch my first goal for the club :yahoo: ( not a header either!)We seem to bounce back well after a defeat and hopefuly next match will be the same.

I would also like to mention the fantastic travelling support we have had from the commitee and fans so far this season, long may it continue!

Crouchy,

The main thing is that you know that your team did their best,i also felt disapointed that Falmouth went out bearing in mind the way the team have been playing lately, & also St Blazey have been playing very well, in fact I think that I said at the beginning of the season that St Blazey may well do better than some people think, & you have,

Also I agree with you, Clubs who have bad suporters should sort them out, we do not need those type,

So like me Chrouchy keep your chin up, People like you the Chairman, Paul, Postie Pidge, & myself ETC are the backbone of our clubs,

Hammers,

:clapper::thumbsup::yahoo::c: :c: