Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League AGM Highlights

Just writing up the unofficial Trelawny League AGM highlights. Please dont take this as gospel just notes I took during the meeting.

Please wait out on official news from club secs from the league.

Another well organised Trelawny League AGM presided by President Bruce Taylor.

First up was Ray Brown - Referee Appointment Report (98.2% of fixtures had a appointed match official)

Sporting Awards:

Premier - Carharrack AFC

D1 - Stithians

D2 - St Just Res

D3 - Mawnan Res

D4 - Mousehole 3rds

D5 - Stithians Res

Best Defence:

Winners - Camborne Park

Runners Up - West Cornwall

Top Goal Scorer:

Winner - Luke Murray (Mabe)

Runner Up - Ryan Stephens (Threemilestone)

Top Referee:

Winner - Charlie Philpot

Runner Up - Jamie Miles

Accounts:

Player Registeration Free of £1 offsets admission to Semi Final and Final Matches.

£410 owed to league by clubs who havent paid league fines.

No increase in affiliation fee this season.

Registration Report:

3120 Registrations up 22 from last season

275 Transfers

15 Cases of Duel Registrations (signed for two clubs)

Rolling Subs trial went well with 700 more players played as a result

Average ammount of Players per game up fro last season

2/3rds of clubs electronically enrolled to submit team sheets on Full Time system

95 Referees registered to the league down 9 from last season.

Average Referee mark 84 which showed majority were happy with performances.

Reg Sec reminded all clubs thatif unsure on league rules please ask them not on the forum.

Fixture Sec Report:

90+ Teams in League all but 13 share grounds.

This seasons advurse weather casused great difficulty but everyone finished the season.

Thank all clubs who allowed their grounds to be used to host finals.

He had no alternative but to rearrange fixture during midweek to long distance destinations due to severe back log.

Charter Standard Report:

70% of clubs have Charter Standard Status

82 People attended Emergency Aid Course

League Committee Sec:

Illogan and Helston promoted

Redruth Athletic, Titians, Ruan Minor, Porthlevern Rangers & TMS Res all disbanded before the new season.

A vote took place to see if clubs wished Sennen to stay in the league after to failing to complete over 90% of games. Clubs voted in favour of keeping them in the league.

Rule Changes:

I'm not going to put these on here as dont want to cause confusion.

The only one I will put on here is that clubs cannot approach a player transfer until he his been with his current club for at least 14 days. This is to stop the 3rd party transfer loophole.

The league will be allowing clubs to sample signigtures and date of births if you have a querry about a player on the say of the match.

League to start 23 August 2014 and end 31 May 2015.

Mullion proposed a rule change to allow 3 senior players up from 2 to play in games. Rejected by the clubs on the night, only 6 in favour.

League restructure. You will hear more about this over the next couple of weeks from your club secs.

Its was agreed and vote on that

Premier Div - 14 Teams ( West Cornwall and Chasewater promoted from Div 1)

Div 1 - 14 Teams (St Agnes relegated from Premier, Hayle Res and Culdrose Res promoted from Div 2)

Div 2 - 14 Teams (Sennen relegated from Div 1. Chasewater Res, Goonhavern Res and Marazion Blues promoted from Div 3)

Div 3 - 14 Teams ( Camborne Park, Marazion Blue Res, Newquay 3rds, Helston Athletic 3rds and West Cornwall Res Promoted from Div 4)

Div 4 - 15 Teams (Madron and Troon Res relegated from Div 3. Falmouth Town, Mabe, Ludgvan Res and Penwith Exciles promoted from Div 5)

Div 5 - 15 Teams ( Wendron 4th relegated from Div 4. Madron Res and Trevenson Res re-elected. Mabe Res, Railway Locomotiv, Falmouth DC and Probus Res voted into the league)

Brilliant so now we literally have a pub team in sat football playing on an overused council pitch!

X2 teams pull out due to lack of numbers in the camborne / Redruth area, and x2 teams enter from the area....why o why doesn't the league put a stop to this it can't all be down to money surly??!!! Until someone grows a pair and helps established clubs out this will ruin Cornish football!!!!

Only 1 team from the area as far as I can see?! I understand your point though, but I have a feeling most of the railway players wouldn't of been affiliated to another club last year, so won't make much difference! Of course, I could be wrong and I'll hold my hands up if I am!

Only 1 team from the area as far as I can see?! I understand your point though, but I have a feeling most of the railway players wouldn't of been affiliated to another club last year, so won't make much difference! Of course, I could be wrong and I'll hold my hands up if I am!

Redruth Athletic Reserves pulled out during the season and their first team and Titans have made the decision not to run this season.

Railway Locomotiv said that none of their players were registered anywhere during the past season.

Brilliant so now we literally have a pub team in sat football playing on an overused council pitch!

X2 teams pull out due to lack of numbers in the camborne / Redruth area, and x2 teams enter from the area....why o why doesn't the league put a stop to this it can't all be down to money surly??!!! Until someone grows a pair and helps established clubs out this will ruin Cornish football!!!!

Don't know why you criticise just the Camborne/Redruth area all the time? Only the one team pulled out DURING the season last year. There were more teams withdraw from the Falmouth area and yet a new team has been voted in there. At the end of the day this is junior football and these are the sorts of things that are going to happen.

Don't know why you criticise just the Camborne/Redruth area all the time? Only the one team pulled out DURING the season last year. There were more teams withdraw from the Falmouth area and yet a new team has been voted in there. At the end of the day this is junior football and these are the sorts of things that are going to happen.

Two new teams voted in from the Falmouth area Peggy.

My mistake, but one is Falmouth DC. Surely thats very close to Falmouth Athletic DC who were unable to complete the season? Think that deserves more scrutiny that "Railway Locomotiv" who are a new club?

People in the know....know the reason for the name change. It will no doubt come out in the wash, bit of a riddle I know, but, if you really think about it you could work it out ...sort of.

Is it because they are not going do any fitness training this year???????

My mistake, but one is Falmouth DC. Surely thats very close to Falmouth Athletic DC who were unable to complete the season? Think that deserves more scrutiny that "Railway Locomotiv" who are a new club?

Falmouth Athletic managed to complete the whole season. The reason why it says 35 games played on the league table was down to Porthleven not being able to field a side on the first game of the season, resulting in Falmouth getting the 3 points. I believe the new Falmouth team voted in will contain a new bunch of youngsters that have recently finished playing youth football and have made the step up, along with a young new manager. Regarding the Falmouth atheltic team that had to fold from the combination due to a lack of committed players, and a lack of quality players capable of playing at that level, it is more than likely that you will see the majority of their players playing at perranwell next season, with a few also going to falmouth town and penryn; but definitely not playing for the new falmouth team that was voted in.

Falmouth Athletic managed to complete the whole season. The reason why it says 35 games played on the league table was down to Porthleven not being able to field a side on the first game of the season, resulting in Falmouth getting the 3 points. I believe the new Falmouth team voted in will contain a new bunch of youngsters that have recently finished playing youth football and have made the step up, along with a young new manager. Regarding the Falmouth atheltic team that had to fold from the combination due to a lack of committed players, and a lack of quality players capable of playing at that level, it is more than likely that you will see the majority of their players playing at perranwell next season, with a few also going to falmouth town and penryn; but definitely not playing for the new falmouth team that was voted in.

Falmouth Athletic definitely did not complete the season in Division 2...

Falmouth Athletic definitely did not complete the season in Division 2...

There was only one Falmouth Athletic team playing last season, and they were in the combo...