Cornwall Football Forum

Carharrack AFC New Manager

Following today's AGM Carharrack AFC are pleased to announce that Harry Pope has been appointed the new 1st Team manager to lead us in Trelawny Premier following his successful reign at Threemilestone. The clubs intent is to apply for promotion to Combination League as we enter our 50th Anniversary in the 2014/15 season.

Ian Williams remains as Reserve Team manager in Trelawny 4.

We wish them the best of luck.

Posted · Hidden by Richard Chown, June 18, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Richard Chown, June 18, 2014 - No reason given

TMS exodus?

Guaranteed.. Can't blame them.. Nice set up.. Clubhouse closer.. They also deserve to be playing combo at least .

All the best to all.

Yep, Looks like Tms will be looking for at least 11 new players if we are to run two teams next season. Any ex carharrack 1st teamers looking for another club apply here!

Terrible decision by all involved I'm afraid this will only end the same way many other clubs have learnt this harsh lesson of not sticking to local loyal people, caharrack is a cracking club and facility that could easily pass as a senior pitch there's no need to go hunting for things let them come to you!

Have heard a rumour from a source that TMS players will be playing for Carharrack next season. All the best to them, as S Abbo said the TMS players deserve to be playing combo and Carharrack do have the facilities to provide them with it. Should make for an interesting season.

Managers move on for all sorts of reasons and generally at this level take a few players with them. It will be tough on Threemilestone to find a whole new team and continue at the level they have been playing at for the last ten years, but Truro is a huge catchment area and hopefully a new batch of talent will come forward and keep the club alive. All the best to Carharrack in there combo quest.

As carharrack manager last season I can only wish the club luck. There's some great people working hard behind the scenes.

This last season has been a struggle with player numbers especially considering the state the club was in when I was appointed last summer. We had a group of lads that came in and worked so hard for the club and are cracking boys. Any club would be lucky to have these. I got wind of this happening a few weeks ago, therefore decided to resign. I am disappointed along with a number of players with how this has come about especially when there's such a good group of younger players coming through over the next couple years and this is what a large part of the club policy was about.

Good luck to threemilestone. Another good football club that I hope will grow stronger from this.

The club would like to wish Harry all the best in the future. He has been a great young manager for the club during his time with us ... its a shame to lose him and a large number of players however thats football nothing stands still. The club is likely to only field one side next year due to this but we steady the ship and push on.

Its with great regret that I will be leaving Carharrack as a result of this. The current players worked hard to keep us in the league and despite reassurances that we will all be part of the new squad, there is no way that the new manager isn't going to bring his whole team over if they are looking to push for combination football. I was only there one season but made some great friends and enjoyed my football. Best of luck in your quest for the supposed promised land of the combination league. I for one will be looking for a new club next year. Kind regards Tim Edwards