Cornwall Football Forum

Newquay AFC Peninsula League Manager Wanted.

Newquay AFC invite applications for the position of Peninsula League Premier Division Manager for season 2014/15.

Applications to Mr. Don Pratt, Chairman, Newquay AFC.

The Clubhouse

Clevedon Road

Mount Wise

Newquay

TR7 2BU

Closing Date: 7th June, 2014.

Contact telephone: 07432635148

Email: sonofjack666@sky.com

The club have received a few applications from what I have heard. The new Chairman & Secretary will have to seek guidance from Trevor as some of the names are 'new' to this level of football. The appointment will also give a hint of which direction the club want to take in respect of the Senior side, the Youth set up will also need a firm guiding hand after Jim Hilton steps down.

Obviously there are the 'You cannot be serious' names banded about, Dane Bunney, Derek Martin, Paul Sturrock... then those who are looking to step up to the SWPL Prem from the West and even lower, Managers with ambitions to make a name for themselves. This could be a real turning point for the Senior side, make the wrong choice this time, the Prem side could well fall further behind, make the right one and we can push on again.

There are very few names I would not be happy about, I'm more interested in who wants to be manager of Newquay AFC to advance the club, rather than their own ego. The SWPL side needs to retain as many of the current squad, add 3 or 4 experienced players and continue to promote the rising stars through the ranks. As someone said recently, the current side were good enough to turn in outstanding performances once every 4 games, they need to turn that into 3 great games out of 4 to be a top side in this Division.

Cant see derek martin doing that to godolphin, even tho the potential at newquay as a football club is big, they just need to address the on field matters as i have said previous a club their size should be pushing top six, not bottom 8. Might the thought of trevor mewton overseeing procedings put off afew potential candidates due to trevor being director of football & having the final say on footballing matters? Would be interested to see who has applied for the position

Leedsunited think they need to address off the field issues as they have had just as many chairmen and secretaries as they have first team managers. A big club with loads of potential great facilities I agree mate they should be pushing top 6, hope they get it right and can push on from their end of season performances.

I was just a small part of the club mate only there a few months, but you could see the potential, everyone knows I wanted the job, but more than happy at foxhole now, just hope newquay can sort it out, some good players there albeit still developing, great supporters and good facilities all should attract the right person.

Why hasn't Newquay looked at Jim Hilton, someone who does fantastic work with the junior teams, and has helped bring a lot of talented youth through the club over the last few years, i don't know about some of the senior players their but i am pretty sure all the youngsters throughout the club will love playing for someone they know.

And maybe more importantly he will be loyal! sure Newquay will bring someone in from outside the club probably, but think Jim has all credentials to manage at peninsula level, i have met him 3 times this year playing against their 3rd team who have an exceptional crop of young talent and the lads totally respect him and buy in to playing football the right way.