Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny Results Sat 17th May 2014

Its offically 87 (We classed it as 99 as we counted the 12 i got against Redruth Athletic Reserves who pulled out). The last 2 games on the Trelawny site haven't been updated of which 10 were scored across those 2 games, so it will read as 83 on the Trelawny site when updated. Then add another 4 to that as Junior Cup games aren't counted on the Trelawny league site.

Too many players trying to live up to rappos rep by banging in 50 plus in the bottom leagues but difference is rappo done it at the top. Pushed himself n proved himself. Not talking anything away from luke great player but...... as said above how many would u have scored if u was playing in a league of ur standard. Premier or any level of senior football. Im sure ud do well but at least ud get respected for it.

Too many players trying to live up to rappos rep by banging in 50 plus in the bottom leagues but difference is rappo done it at the top. Pushed himself n proved himself. Not talking anything away from luke great player but...... as said above how many would u have scored if u was playing in a league of ur standard. Premier or any level of senior football. Im sure ud do well but at least ud get respected for it.

Considering he got 30 in the combo when he was 18 I'm sure he'd do quite well!

Div 3 West

Cury 6-1 Marazion Blues

Needing 4 points from the last 2 games to get 2nd place Marazion really needed a win today but with several of the main players missing through work and suspension a couple of players filled in from the seconds. I was one of the players missing so I believe our manager went between the sticks. Disappointing result for the Blues consider how excellent we have been all season. Guaranteed third for us now with one game left.

I have got a bit of stick this season for dropping down and I know I'm playing below my standard but after being away at uni for 3 years I wanted to get back to enjoying it with my mates again in a team that are all around my age, which at the end of the day the enjoyment and social side of things is the main reason most people play football unless you're being paid for it. And cb_fc in response to your comments, I'm confident of my ability and respected by those peoples opinions I value at higher levels as I scored 30 in the combo for Falmouth Town before I left for uni and also scored a few in the Peninsula Premier for the first team when I played. Originally I said to Mabe I would only be there one season as I generally believe you should play to the best of your ability while you can but if you are enjoying it more than playing at higher levels then it doesn't really matter who thinks what. Saying that I'm not sure what I will be doing next season.

Only trouble with playing in football below your standard is, the longer you stay there the harder it is to recover your true ability.

Have seen this happen many times in my footballing life, then when they step up again....its not there anymore.

Although I am a firm believer, if that's what people want and enjoy it....carry on.

Considering he got 30 in the combo when he was 18 I'm sure he'd do quite well!

What are you? His husband?

Cb_fc is just jealous he wont even score half that many goals in his whole career in div 5 lol

What have I got to be jealous of? Im not a striker out making a name for myself by scoring big at the bottom leagues. Some achievement for such a good player.

Your obsession with Rappo is quite bad Dave .. Luke must be decent to score that many .. statistics dont lie Dave ... Got double what Rappo did last year

And rappo is nearly double his age and weight and no disrespect to st erme playing for a weaker side. I have alot of respect for rappo. Not for pretenders. Last season there was 2 or 3 in div 5 getting the lime line for banging in big scores..... prove urself by doing it at the level of ur ability n then ul be respected and remembered.....

I have got a bit of stick this season for dropping down and I know I'm playing below my standard but after being away at uni for 3 years I wanted to get back to enjoying it with my mates again in a team that are all around my age, which at the end of the day the enjoyment and social side of things is the main reason most people play football unless you're being paid for it. And cb_fc in response to your comments, I'm confident of my ability and respected by those peoples opinions I value at higher levels as I scored 30 in the combo for Falmouth Town before I left for uni and also scored a few in the Peninsula Premier for the first team when I played. Originally I said to Mabe I would only be there one season as I generally believe you should play to the best of your ability while you can but if you are enjoying it more than playing at higher levels then it doesn't really matter who thinks what. Saying that I'm not sure what I will be doing next season.

No disrespect luke uv done a great job for mabe this season pal n yes 100 goals is impressive very impressive but its div 5 imagine how much ud be respected across football if u did it playing in a team/league of ur standard such as trelawny prem or Senior football. Just saying mate.

I see your point cb_fc but the point you seem to be missing is that I've played Combo and a bit of Peninsula League Premier already and scored goals at both those standards so this season I fancied a change by going to Mabe as Jack Roberts (manager) wanted me in to help them gain promotion as they have big plans to try and work there way up through the leagues, which appealed to me. As I've stated already i'm respected at higher levels by those peoples opinions I value so I'm not really fussed about what anyone else thinks as you always get critics no matter what standard you play

Your obsession with Rappo is quite bad Dave .. Luke must be decent to score that many .. statistics dont lie Dave ... Got double what Rappo did last year

And rappo is nearly double his age and weight and no disrespect to st erme playing for a weaker side. I have alot of respect for rappo. Not for pretenders. Last season there was 2 or 3 in div 5 getting the lime line for banging in big scores..... prove urself by doing it at the level of ur ability n then ul be respected and remembered.....

Not sure who you are trying to point the finger at with people trying to get in the lime light

Dave I think you talk a lot of crap on here most of the time you talk about stuff you haven't a clue about, you slagged off my team when we played you complaining we had players that shouldn't being at this level. Maybe they want to play at a club that they enjoy being at than playing at a higher club . Marazion had it all last year change the record it's getting quite sad

I don't no Luke Murray but 80 odd goals in a season is a hell of a achievement. Lets not forget this grass roots football. Yeah I do agree you should test yourself at the highest level but as Luke has said he already has.

I personally would much rather enjoy my Saturdays having a kick about about with my mates than feeling I have to play a higher standard just because someone on a forum said I should.

Maybe we should congratulate him on a good season

The lads got almost 100 goals this season and all people can do is find fault and try and make it look like a nothing achievement. 100 goals at any level is an out of this world tally and he should be congratulated, football is (in my opinion) all about enjoying your self and maybe picking up some silverware along the way, obviously luke is enjoying his football or he wouldn't of scored so many. People should get off his back and worry about what they are doing at their respective clubs

I see your point cb_fc but the point you seem to be missing is that I've played Combo and a bit of Peninsula League Premier already and scored goals at both those standards so this season I fancied a change by going to Mabe as Jack Roberts (manager) wanted me in to help them gain promotion as they have big plans to try and work there way up through the leagues, which appealed to me. As I've stated already i'm respected at higher levels by those peoples opinions I value so I'm not really fussed about what anyone else thinks as you always get critics no matter what standard you play

Luke im not giving u criticise u here 100 goals is an achievement in itself all im saying is it would be more impressive at a standard of ur ability. Good on mabe trying to move forward as a club rumours around is they wana put in a second team if so good on them always good to have successful keeping up a good and getting more successful.