Cornwall Football Forum

Godolphin v Witheridge Sat 10th May

If Godolphin beat Witheridge tomorrow they will finish 5th in the league.

What a great season they've had and finishing 5th (above Bodmin!!) would surely be the icing on the cake for them.

Plenty to play for, I shall be following on twitter with interest.

Good luck Godolphin, really hope you do it :)

Looking forward to this match think the G will really turn it on for Dereks last match in charge im going for a 4 -1 to the G i will be in my usual place by the away dug out by Stewart Lenton taking photos as usual , but tmmrw there will be ex Scottish cup winner player in the form of Witheridge player manager Chris Vinnicombe who also played for Burnley and Exeter. Hope its a good game the need to play better than last saturday against Saltash hope the 2 Ollies are back in the side because the G really missed them last week

Just back from watching the G put in a brilliant display to win 2-0 goals by Phil Lowry and my man of the match Jamie Lowry who was just awesome playing in the centre of midfield but the whole team put in a fine display today and in Scott Flannigan they must have the best attacking full back in the league he said to me during the game im doing more running getting the ball than he was i dont think so Scott and he did say thanks unlike the Gs No 7 . So that was Derek Martins last game and a fine display to end it and the G where denied a clear pen and the ref gave a free kick instead when Phil Lowry was clearly fouled in the box resulting in a booking for the Witheridge goalie . I would like to say thanks to the G for making my satdays happy after all of my hospital appointments . I hope the G can hang onto this fine team and they dont go to other clubs who come waving the cash ,i hope the G can get some good friendlies like playing Truro they would give them a good game . Thanks again G

Thanks owngoalcornwall sorry i dont drink but thanks for the offer i like to say it as i see the match and the man of the match are my opinions it was between 3 G players today Ollie Pinnel Aaran Dilley but i had to go for Jamie Lowry he must of covered every blade of grass what a player he is his brother aint bad as well

100% Cornish, just wanted to say thanks for your support and positive comments over the last seasons. The lads will be staying together and will still be serving up some great football under Macca next season so I hope your health is good and you can continue supporting the boys. All the best Derek

Thanks Derek i will still be there suppoting the G standing in my usual place by yhe away dug out with my camera taking photos for my album. My son sends is best wishes to you he played many a game alongside Kyle and some thers in the team but he was more interested in mic and is no longer interested in footy . Hope you dont turn up as Newquay manager dont think you would do that job anyway .You and John have done a brilliant job at the G good team spirit and they do play lovely football . Well got to go even on a sunday i got to have my radiotherapy but its ok ,cant wait for the new season to start again

Thanks Derek - Hope you don't turn up as Newquay manager, don't think you would do that job anyway .

It is natural for a footballer to want to test himself at the highest level possible, why wouldn't a manager ?. Perhaps Derek might like the chance to manage a side, perhaps not Newquay, but a SWPL side into the FA Vase or FA Cup, something that he cannot do at Godolphin ?

I've been meaning to get to Godolphin Way all season after hearing and reading all the good things about the club and I managed to get there on Saturday and I must say I was not disappointed!! A real team on the pitch, you could see they are well drilled, well coached and not one big time Charlie, just a team with great spirit that want and enjoy playing with one another and for their manager. To literally go from being a Sunday team to 5th in the south western in about ten seasons is a remarkable achievement!! Congratulations to Derek, will be a tough act to follow that's for sure! Agree with 100%, thought Jamie Lowry was a real class act and brother Phil could probably have had a hat-trick on another day. 5-0 would not have flattered the G. Off the pitch the improvements were fantastic, played a vets game there about 5 years ago and you wouldn't recognise the place from that, floodlights look lovely and credit must go to people like Tania that obviously work their socks off for their club, it's a labour of love at this level. On a personal note it was brilliant to see Stuart Lenton and Ian Carhart, my first senior manager when I played for Newquay combo at 15 over 30 years ago!!! Stuart is almost 70, he finished playing at 58, and I've never seen a fitter bloke in all my life, he was still running rings around us at pre season training when he was 45!!! Well done to everyone at Godolphin that have made it such a fantastic and memorable season for the club and if my knee is still in this state next season I will definitely be a more regular visitor to watch that brand of football, congratulations!!!

Thank you Rappo much appreciated they are an amazing bunch of lads not just a team but a family who all work hard for each other more improvements happening during the close season new 60 seater grandstand and new dugouts with more improvements in the pipeline we have an amazing back ground staff who all work tirelessly for the G I don't consider what I do as hardwork it's pure pleasure working with such a great bunch of people and awesome football club