Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results and Table - 6th April 2013

In reply to Deadcert and others who question the Combo Rules & Newquay ethics.
Dan Magee & Jamie Devine were Ludgvan players before signing for Newquay SWPL, so that point of your argument fails. Newquay abide by the Combo League rules, any arguments that Newquay have done anything wrong also fail.
Newquay are a club with 2 Senior and 2 Junior sides, but are still one club. What is the point of having players available legitimately and not playing them ? You omitted to comment on the 3rd & 4th teamers in the side, no problem with them playing I take it ?. Relegation to Trelawny Premier is not something that would benefit Newquay as Penzance have found out, if you don't like the rules, then complain to the Combo League.
You appear to be another one of the misinformed people that assume that Newquay have some big backer chucking money at the club. The question would be why would anyone want to, unless they were a Newquay supporter with a windfall ?. Any money that the Senior side pays in expenses to a select few players, comes from Matchday income and fundraising events. But as I have said to others like you, do not let the facts get in the way of your prejudices.
Holmans are pretty much down, even before last Saturdays result. However, the Table shows that Newquay are not the only ones who might have already used or will use SWPL players to try to avoid the drop. Link to the table here... http://www.cornwallcomboleague.co.uk/12table.htm
As for the remaining games, if the SWPL side have no match, then I'm sure that the Combo side will use certain players as permitted under the rules of the Combo League. How much fun would it be if Newquay v Porthleven on Tues 21st May decided who got relegated ?. It will be a fascinating end to the season, however you look at it.

Nemesis, you say that Newquay are a club with 2 Senior sides and 2 Junior sides, but are still one club.

Fact by having the two mentioned players signed for Ludgvan then you are not 1 club, when your combo side have been struggling this season those two players have played for Ludgvan so they are not infact clubman then you start to wonder why they infact play for Newquay at all answer Money!!!!

What is the point having players legitimately available and not playing them. Ask Ludgvan who obviously could,nt play the two players against Newquay

How much fun would it be if Newquay V portleven in a relegation match? not at all for portleven as they are currently re-building a first team squad within a budget, Newquay are buying a squad rather than re-build

There is no-one who has played at a decent standard within local football who cant put pen to paper and write those players who only play for dosh and I am afraid most are signed for Newquay ( after leaving Falmouth Lol

Why sign a player for your first team and not your second?It makes no logical sense.Loss of form or even return from injury where do these players go?Its not just Newquay though that send out the wrong messages to their loyal players, there are other clubs that allow the same to happen just look at the pen clubs at the bottom of the combo.... surprise surprise

No offence, Nemesis, but after years of trying to work from within the system to change the Combo rules, and finding even when we succeeded that the CCFA, chockfull of representatives of old South Western League clubs, either "forgot" to ratify our rule changes or took eighteen months to get round to it, I'm afraid I don't have much faith in that august body of legislators.

Admittedly there are plenty of clubs that run with the hare and hunt with the hounds on this issue: I appreciate that Ludgvan are bringing in a number of "cover players" from higher leagues and recognise that, when with St Just a few years ago, the club occasionally featured guest players from Liskeard, Plymouth and beyond.

It is of course all about money. It is reflective of the passion that parochial loyalties can ignite that there are still people around, despite the low standard of the football and the miniscule crowds, prepared to spend substantial amounts to win the Combo League or Cup.

More power to their elbow. Good to see somebody still cares.

Thanks to your club for the flag presented to St Just, in my absence, by the Newquay Loyal ! :yahoo:

Yes, Paul, I just got back and FGR were terrible. Their previous home result was a 0-0 draw against already relegated Telford, so that says it all.The only strikers uninjured are loanees from lower leagues; and when square-passing Al Bangura was awarded man of the match the whole home stand erupted in hysterical laughter. A pity Neil Curnow wasn't up here: he would have done a better job in centre-mid.

Good luck with catching Grimsby, but I think it's a bit late.

No wonder they're called the Bulls, Hereford were enormous....you appear to have no players under six foot tall ! Bittner and Graham, both ex-FGR, were excellent, although to be fair James had very little to do.

The one bright spot is that, since I've been here,FGR have changed their shirt colours from black and white to green ......home from home ! :)

Thanks to your club for the flag presented to St Just, in my absence, by the Newquay Loyal ! :yahoo:

Isaac, your presence as an Honorary Peppermint at The Godolphin match, confirmed your place in the hall of fame amongst the 'Newquay Loyal'.

As Red & White Tinners of Mount Wise, for there was a mine just yards from the ground back in the day, we salute you Sir.

Isaac, your presence as an Honorary Peppermint at The Godolphin match, confirmed your place in the hall of fame amongst the 'Newquay Loyal'.

As Red & White Tinners of Mount Wise, for there was a mine just yards from the ground back in the day, we salute you Sir.

Someone loves you Isaac - besides your mother :yahoo: