Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Result and Table - Tuesday 19th March 2013

Please post the result, goal scorers and attendances on this thread please or text me on 07597907549 with any details.

Thanks

Cornwall Combination League

19th March 2013

Porthleven Reserves (Steve Jenkin 2, Nathan Roberts, Dan Greet, Matt Dawson, OG) 6-0 Penryn Athletic Reserves

Att - 40

POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS

1 ILLOGAN RBL 24 20 2 2 74 27 47 62
2 ST DAY 26 19 3 4 84 35 49 60
3 LUDGVAN 25 16 2 7 74 42 32 50
4 ST IVES TOWN 22 14 7 1 64 29 35 49
5 PERRANWELL 23 14 3 6 64 34 30 45
6 PENDEEN ROVERS 24 13 6 4 63 37 26 45
7 MULLION 27 12 4 11 70 73 -3 40
8 WENDRON UNITED 24 11 6 7 51 41 10 39
9 ST AGNES 23 11 5 7 51 37 14 38
10 GOONHAVERN ATHLETIC 23 11 4 8 52 40 12 37
11 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 26 10 4 12 63 69 -6 34
12 PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES 24 10 2 12 47 58 -11 32
13 ST JUST 24 9 3 12 49 53 -4 30
14 RNAS CULDROSE 24 6 7 11 53 60 -7 25
15 TROON 23 7 2 14 49 58 -9 23
16 FALMOUTH ATHLETIC 23 7 2 14 44 82 -38 23
17 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 29 6 3 20 47 93 -46 21
18 HAYLE RESERVES 27 5 4 18 36 80 -44 19
19 NEWQUAY RESERVES 24 4 4 16 37 65 -28 16
20 HOLMAN SC 27 3 3 21 32 91 -59 12

The manhimself only comes out in special circumstances and tonight is one of them. I don't like moaning about referees and If I get kicked off then do it I don't care but the ref tonight was an absolute embarrisment mistake after mistake. It was the same ref who done the semi final on Sunday which I heard he didn't even talk too the player who literally caused damage too the barriers by shoving a player into it. I thought if you get treatment you have too go off. Not in this referees eyes. Would not talk too players with bad tackles and any little ones would book them. Shocking. Ye Penryn didn't play the best and the 6. 1st teamers in for port really showed but the ref spoiled the game for sure

The manhimself only comes out in special circumstances and tonight is one of them. I don't like moaning about referees and If I get kicked off then do it I don't care but the ref tonight was an absolute embarrisment mistake after mistake. It was the same ref who done the semi final on Sunday which I heard he didn't even talk too the player who literally caused damage too the barriers by shoving a player into it. I thought if you get treatment you have too go off. Not in this referees eyes. Would not talk too players with bad tackles and any little ones would book them. Shocking. Ye Penryn didn't play the best and the 6. 1st teamers in for port really showed but the ref spoiled the game for sure

You're right, the player injured should have gone off after treatment, but considering it was in the build up to the fifth goal I don't think it made much difference to the result do you? Other than that he officiated the game well and it was good to see cards produced for bad tackles for a change, to say he didn't talk to players is clearly not true, as he spent all night talking to and booking penryn players as they lost all discipline, and as for the sending off, I doubt even you could argue with that.

Might be wrong but The player who went down didn't have treatment from the Physio and it wasn't a head injury so does he have to go off? Porthleven had 3 Youngsters from the first team in and were deserved winners. Only criticism of the referee was the fact he didn't tell The player who got sent off to leave and stop threatening supporters in the crowd with fights after the game, muppet.

Bystander Ye I agree I don't have an argument on the red card in afraid and Charles I thought that if you have treatment you have too go off and about the threatening too the crowd he had just being sent off and you boys were heckling him like mad so surely he going too be a little wound up

Bystander Ye I agree I don't have an argument on the red card in afraid and Charles I thought that if you have treatment you have too go off and about the threatening too the crowd he had just being sent off and you boys were heckling him like mad so surely he going too be a little wound up

Pretty sure no one came on to give him treatment, he got up himself? And I wasn't part of 'you lot' but he has to learn to just take a bit from the crowd, he gives enough out himself from what I've seen in the past!

Dom batchelor, Tom Annear, Jowan Shainberg, Fred Williams, only first team players in, all 19ish, Dennis Annear in goal which I think was his first appearence all season, the ref made a few errors but I don't think it 6 goals worth. I'm sure the heckling from the big 40 person attendance made a difference to the sending off, how do pros put up with 60,000+? Jesus learn to take banter.

6 goals in 7 appearences ;) xxxx

Im sure Jason Roberts is a Penryn 1st teamer. At least he was when Port played Penryn in the SWPL. Knowing that they have dropped players down already this season, cant imagine he was the only one.

i think its possibly 2 can go down if teams from the trelawney have applied and are excepted and finish high enough, obviously illogan if they win the league will remain a big fish and st day haven't applied to move up either. threemilestone and redruth utd i think have applied to come up, Tms are having improvements done to their pitch and redruth play where portreath did so no problems for them, not sure where these two teams are in the league. Holmans win at Hayle has put them right in the poop, though they, port and newquay can load up so athletic and troon could still be dragged in, gonna be exciting

Is It right to "Load up?" just to be in the same position next season. Although no-one likes to be relegated sometimes it is for the best as you can re-build get a bit of success albeit at a lower level and then attract players where as if you are sat at the foot of the combo table getting tanked every week who wants to join you?

Getting tanked every week? Since joining port, I've played 5 games, winning 3, drawing 1 and losing 1, scoring 13 goals, conceding 6. Now the first team is settled we now have a consistent sqaud of 14+ players every week, and it looks like we will be bringin more in next season, so yes I think we should play a couple of young first teamers to try and stay in the league

Massive result for Port. Who were the first teamers in? Non of them on the scoresheet. Jenks can't stop scoring for Port, I wonder how much of an impact he and his brother leaving Helston has had?

Did Penryn not play any first teamers? Credit to them if not.

To be fair, I think we only won 1 of the 4 games I played for Helston 2's this year! Ha, can't see that being much of a loss. Great result for you boys yesterday WO, things are looking good!

Massive result for Port. Who were the first teamers in? Non of them on the scoresheet. Jenks can't stop scoring for Port, I wonder how much of an impact he and his brother leaving Helston has had?

Did Penryn not play any first teamers? Credit to them if not.

To be fair, I think we only won 1 of the 4 games I played for Helston 2's this year! Ha, can't see that being much of a loss. Great result for you boys yesterday WO, things are looking good!

That's cause your shit Jenko14

#injuryprone

#GetYourCrutchesOut