Cornwall Football Forum

Throgmorton semi final draw

elburton bodmin final ?

I wouldnt write Helston off that easily, they have a very good side that work hard for each other and will give Bodmin a very good game. They have two very good strikers who can score goals for fun and the whole team work hard for each other. 'Sid' has put together a team that are great friends off the pitch and therefore give that little bit more for each other on it. Will be a great game to watch.

This conversation was had with one of the league officials last night at Tavvy,his comeback was its immaterial who is playing they are more interested in rewarding clubs on there improvements/Facilities at there grounds,it was then pointed out to him considering the league would be taking all the gate receipts what rewards would the clubs be getting if the game was fixtured to far away for supporters to travel to a mid-week game he replied they would get £100 for the use of there ground.I found this shocking surely the idear and their job is to make it feasible for as many spectators to attend as possable another comment he made was you have applied for promotion get used to travelling. The other location he mentioned was Camelford.

Just out of curiosity how is playing at St Austell for a 7-30 evening K/O fair for Helston? Surely there are pitches more central between Helston & Bodmin better suited?? Truro, Newquay

Where do you think St.Austell is for heavens sake? Perhaps you'd like it played at Porthleven??

St Austell is 32 miles from Helston and 12 miles from Bodmin,just in case you didnt know where it was Chris. :o

Just out of curiosity how is playing at St Austell for a 7-30 evening K/O fair for Helston? Surely there are pitches more central between Helston & Bodmin better suited?? Truro, Newquay

Where do you think St.Austell is for heavens sake? Perhaps you'd like it played at Porthleven??

Speaking to someone at the bodmin game last night they said that they wanted it to be played at newquay but newquay wanted 3/4 of the gate reciepts. Should be two cracking games.

Would you care to name that person ?

Newquay are fully aware of the fees paid for use of the ground for SWPL & CCFA Cup matches at Semi & Final stages. I'm sure that it was just two years ago that St Blazey v Plymouth Parkway was held at Mount Wise in the SWPL Throgmorton Final, plenty of Parkway fans at that one. The Cornwall Senior Cup Final is to be held at Saltash, would you complain if your club made the final ?

I have complained in the past about Semi-Finals being held at grounds that are not mid-way from the two clubs involved. However, when SWPL officials explained it is their policy to reward clubs who have made improvements on and off the pitch, I understood where they were coming from. CCFA spread the finals around and quite right too, Hayle had a good final recently, likewise Wadebridge, this year it will be Saltash... it's been a while since a final was held in the East of the county.

I have seen what Python has said and I am disgusted that the league takes all the gate money ! Why do the officials of this league have to grab every penny they can ? I do wonder what there aim is as it does not seem to be to satisfy local football supporters or indeed clubs. There appears to be no common sense involved in placing semi finals 32 miles away from one of the participating clubs. Many of those supporters would be prevented from going especially if they are working until 5 - 5.30pm. I for one would have gone to this event if it was held at Newquay or Truro. What about Falmouth Town ground - i9s this everf considered ?

I have seen what Python has said and I am disgusted that the league takes all the gate money ! Why do the officials of this league have to grab every penny they can ? I do wonder what there aim is as it does not seem to be to satisfy local football supporters or indeed clubs. There appears to be no common sense involved in placing semi finals 32 miles away from one of the participating clubs. Many of those supporters would be prevented from going especially if they are working until 5 - 5.30pm. I for one would have gone to this event if it was held at Newquay or Truro. What about Falmouth Town ground - i9s this everf considered ?

You're being totally unfair to the League - the total prize money paid out by the League each season is in excess of £20,000.

I'm pretty sure the League pays the semi-final venue hosts a fee and of course the host club will keep the bar takings, refreshment sales etc.

32 miles isn't exactly the other end of the universe - 45 minutes?

Just as well the draw didn't pair Helston with Exmouth.

Helston have been in the league for less than 1 season and have had a very successful time so far, but what do we get full on complaints about the way the league is administered, selection of semi final venue to be exact, why not just be pleased to be there rather than complain about the location, remember the 32 miles to St.Austell will pale into insignificance if you get promotion to premier status, you at Helston all know the geographical situation when you aplied for promotion from the Combination league, why not just accept this and enjoy the success while it lasts, because sure thing is it won't last forever. Just to but things into perspective, Buckland newly promoted this season same as Helston, shortly have a midweek trip to Radstock near Bath, a bit more than 32 miles there then! no complaints from them though because they were aware of, and accepted the reality of taking promotion before hand.

Pretty sure Helston have been in the peninsula for more than a season? Finished runners up last season. And I can assure you every player at Helston is over the moon to be playing Bodmin in the semi final, the 45 minute trip to st Austell isn't a problem in the slightest!

Looks like Footmad is either telling Porkies, in which case it would be a slur on Jim Hilton, one of the most respected men in Cornish Football. Or, it was a case of mistaken identity, in which case, Mrs Hilton had better watch out, there is someone out there looking very much like our Jim.