Cornwall Football Forum

best goal so far?

for me it has to have bin in todays game and scored by the legend himself mr mark rapsey.

scored just outside the 6 yrd box on the touch line turned our defender and hit a shot which bent round and dipped in2 the top far corner from an angle very similar to a corner but turned and hit just out side 6 yrd box..... truely amazing goal.

for me it has to have bin in todays game and scored by the legend himself mr mark rapsey.

scored just outside the 6 yrd box on the touch line turned our defender and hit a shot which bent round and dipped in2 the top far corner from an angle very similar to a corner but turned and hit just out side 6 yrd box..... truely amazing goal.

this makes no sense at all...........

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="pointers" data-cid="231330" data-time="1361658514"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="cb_fc" data-cid="231315" data-time="1361654055"><p>for me it has to have bin in todays game and scored by the legend himself mr mark rapsey.<br />

scored just outside the 6 yrd box on the touch line turned our defender and hit a shot which bent round and dipped in2 the top far corner from an angle very similar to a corner but turned and hit just out side 6 yrd box..... truely amazing goal.</p></blockquote>

<br />

this makes no sense at all...........</p></blockquote>

How does this make no sense?? Pretty simple to understand and does sound like a great goal from a tight angle!

Guest BenTheYeti

All these people out there scoring goals.. pah! I'll have you know I've never scored a single goal in 12 years, and now that I'm stuck between the sticks it's looking likely I could go my whole playing career without doing so.. and do I moan and complain about it... well yes, every week.. been lucky enough to make a couple of decent saves though so that keeps me happy..

A few favourite goals..

Alex Bonner vs Lanner last season; Bearing in mind I think he's only ever scored from outside the box once before in his life, hitting a 30 yard free kick with a "Ronaldo" style run up with so much pace it nearly lifted the goal frame up.. pretty special (and I never hear the end of it)
Karl Everson vs Robartes about 8 years ago: Another free kick, this time at the Theatre of Dreams that was the old Halsetown pitch. Somehow managed to bend it round the wall and back against the wind just inside the post.
Jowan May playing for Gulval vs Halsetown, again, 7 or 8 years ago: Took a goal kick from his own keeper down on his chest, pushed me aside like the twig I am, couldn't be bothered to run so hit a 40 yard half volley into the top corner

This season, Barney Poznansky has probably scored St Ives' best goal since I joined, and the best I've conceded (seeing as most of them are usually howlers on my behalf) was a half volley from the lad at Hayle which two of me couldn't have stopped.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="le boss" data-cid="231477" data-time="1361732110"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="ballsax" data-cid="231421" data-time="1361714596"><p>I've seen Owain Barrett score a few worldys in my time! I can pick one out, but me describing it wouldn't do it justice!!</p></blockquote>

must have been early in the game cos he usually spits his dummy out lol!</p></blockquote>

Haha fair shout! Although sometimes he winds himself up and produces moments of brilliance!

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="MARKSY" data-cid="231410" data-time="1361707629"><p>

Me from kick off at porthleven enough said for the mighty lanner back in the mid 90s and I was only 28 stone then</p></blockquote>

who was that against down there marksy...have a feeling I may have witnessed it!