Cornwall Football Forum

Kieffer Moore

No sense of loyalty, but then who are an 18 year old's footballing role models these days - van Persie? Torres? To one so young, the idea of loyalty, of gratitude for the chance, are just not in their experience. Ironic if he scores against Truro on Tuesday and goal-difference decides Truro's fate. He can expect not a warm, but hot reception, whilst the other ex-TC members of Dorchester's squad left at a time that they hadn't been paid for ages and maybe money was tight, like those who went to Weymouth. They will always be warmly remembered. I just hope, if Moore reaches the big time, he remembers which club gave him the leg-up from the lower levels.It wasn't Dorchester. I don't suppose he was on a contract at Truro so they won't get a fee. If I'm wrong about the lad, as he gets transferred up the leagues he might insist that his agent makes sure that Truro gets a cut of the fee. If I'm wrong. A sad day for the club. If they are to avoid relegation it will be probably an unparalleled resurrection, but Moore was a vital part of the chances of that happening.

I think once a season ends any player not on contract is free to leave without rancour. It is about seeing a job through and that, to me, is part of the meaning of "professional" and certainly comes under the heading of "loyal". Two or three players left in the middle of last season because the club's then leaders were messing the players about and not paying them. If the leadership doesn't keep its side of the bargain, the players can go with a clear conscience. Those players will always be welcomed back to the club, I'm sure. "Rayvon" seems to agree with me and judging by the Truro Forum he is one of the club's stalwarts.