Cornwall Football Forum

Depleted squad gets even worse!

Danny Carne a quality footballer, Truro's loss will be St Austell's gain. Danny was very patient last year with the 1st team at Truro but his chances were from what I saw very limited. I am sure that Danny thought long and hard before making his decision but I for one wich him well at his new Club and hope that he will establish himself as a top footballer in this League.

Not technically a St Austell player quite yet - Truro's Lee Hodges on DANNY CARNE: "Last Friday we had a chat and he indicated that he didn't want to leave the club but felt he wanted more game time, which I can understand, and I was expecting him just to drop back into the reserves. Then on Wednesday this week I woke up to everyone saying he was joining St Austell. I didn't know anything about that, so I spoke to Tracey and the upshot as I understand it was that St Austell were saying that I had agreed to this, which I certainly hadn't. We also pointed out that we hadn't received the seven days notice of approach for him. So they said 'Okay, we'll put in the notice.' So Danny will be with us for tomorrow's match - he did well at Borehamwood last Saturday - but we expect this to be his last match for us before joining St Austell."

Not technically a St Austell player quite yet - Truro's Lee Hodges on DANNY CARNE: "Last Friday we had a chat and he indicated that he didn't want to leave the club but felt he wanted more game time, which I can understand, and I was expecting him just to drop back into the reserves. Then on Wednesday this week I woke up to everyone saying he was joining St Austell. I didn't know anything about that, so I spoke to Tracey and the upshot as I understand it was that St Austell were saying that I had agreed to this, which I certainly hadn't. We also pointed out that we hadn't received the seven days notice of approach for him. So they said 'Okay, we'll put in the notice.' So Danny will be with us for tomorrow's match - he did well at Borehamwood last Saturday - but we expect this to be his last match for us before joining St Austell."

It looks to me like there was an illegal approach then. Although we all know that that doesn't matter because the CCFA haven't got the balls to enforce the rule.

Wasn't me who released it - tweet from st austell rep!

I would have checked it out if starting of course! :)

Sorry Dave! As you didn't say how you got the info I assumed it came from your large network of 'snouts'! :)

The original tweet to the world:"AFCSTAUSTELL@AFCSTAUSTELL

Club delighted to announce the signing of winger Danny Carne from Truro City."

Well it would appear a deal is all but done as BBC Cornwall have released information that "Pete Masters confirms to BBC Cornwall he has completed a deal to purchase Truro City."

They go onto say to expect a statement from the administrators shortly and that Masters says the CVA still needs to be passed for Truro City to formally exit administration. The hopes are that the CVA can be issued in the 'near future' so that the Administrators have no involvement in the 'day-to-day' running of the club. At present the admins still have a background role, but the club is now under control of Masters + Perryman

Another piece of news from BBC Cornwall is that they also revealed that owners of Treyew Road have agreed a contract with a London-based property development firm.

JoJo Investco agreed contract on 20.11.2012 with Helical Bar Retail PLC. by which Helical 'may acquire the property'.!