Cornwall Football Forum

Truro City meet AFC Totton in FA Cup

COME ON EVERYBODY MAKE AN EFFORT,TRY AND GET TO TREYEW ROAD THIS SATURDAY.

HELP TRURO CITY.

Suppose some are waiting to see us die.

You may have to wait.

We are going to fight,right to the end.

Read your posting.

First you say that you will survive, next you're admitting that they won't survive.

Are you sitting on the fence or as one of their most loyal supporters even you think that they will fold?

Good luck to Truro for your Horse Racing Night. I run them for Penzance and they are great fun.

Last time we had a chap who lost on the first 7 races so wanting a win he bet on every horse in the last race plus he had sponsored it!

Is there a time limit to find a buyer ??????

I think there may me a small number of people who knows the answer to that, however, the goodwill of the supporters can only stretch so far and the expence of playing at Conference level outweighs the fund raising and minimum gates of 750 required regularly to keep their heads above water. The big three, Conference, Administrator and Club will need to meet sooner rather than later, if at that time it is not financially possible to guarantee future finance and the players wages it could be the end.

The big need is that anyone interested in getting involved with the club (buy) or a major sponsor to meet the finacial shortfall need to act urgently, the Administrator does not hang about forever and the Conference has it's own menu to adhere to.

IF IT WASN'T FOR THE PLAYERS AND MANAGEMENT signing the deferrals there may not be a Truro City now, I may be wrong but as I understand it the players wanted to sign the deferrals until the end of September, assess the situation then and if necessary extend it, that action would have taken a while to set up which would have been detrimental to the club, the players and management goodwill was stretched further when they put pen to paper for the end of October, no one could ask more of them, conference football is after all a job and everyone needs to earn a living. Everyone supporting Truro City owes them a big thank you.

The supporters at Truro City have been fantastic, united as one for the cause, a community spirit has returned, succeed in this battle and the momentum should continue to allow the club to remain at the top end of the football pyramid.

How many of the Truro squad have playing football as their only source of income?

No one has said ONLY source of income but whilst travelling to play and practice sessions most may not be earning, the days of flexible employers appears to be long gone. Worked out on a hourly basis they are probably earning below the minimum wage :(

My son in law works with a guy who in his sport is the England captain, he competed in this years Olympics, he works for the biggest company in the world in the industry that he works, a household name, that company allows him time off UNPAID to compete, plasters his photo all over their publicity brochures as if they are a sponsor, they are not, he has to source that from elsewhere, not every olympian gets lottery support.

Football has changed in England we have so many foreign players in our leagues that many of our own who years ago would have played in the football league have had to drop down to the conference, conference football now is on a par to that experienced by Argyle during their glory years.

COME ON EVERYBODY MAKE AN EFFORT,TRY AND GET TO TREYEW ROAD THIS SATURDAY.

HELP TRURO CITY.

Suppose some are waiting to see us die.

You may have to wait.

We are going to fight,right to the end.

Read your posting.

First you say that you will survive, next you're admitting that they won't survive.

Are you sitting on the fence or as one of their most loyal supporters even you think that they will fold?

Good luck to Truro for your Horse Racing Night. I run them for Penzance and they are great fun.

Last time we had a chap who lost on the first 7 races so wanting a win he bet on every horse in the last race plus he had sponsored it!

I still believe,but it is frustrating waiting for someone to take over.

Double roll over,tomorrow night.

Lets hope a Truro supporter,wins it.