Cornwall Football Forum

Guest smashing pumpkin

barker bowl semi final ,

wendron 1 - praze 2 . after extra time

we wendron missed alot of chances 2nite but the actually game was evan .

good luck to praze in final .

St buryan 3 Gwinear 2

Dunn Cup Semi Final

Deserved win for Buryan after falling behind twice, one an absolute screamer. All goals in first half. Should and could have run away with it in second half but didn't take our chances.

Should be a tast final St. Buryan v Ian Gosling.

Anywhere know when or where?

Cheers

Div 3

St Ives 2-3 Culdrose

Culdrose 2 up after 5 mins, keeper miss controlling the ball and pulled down the culdrose striker after 3 mins, 2nd goal followed soon after with st ives failed to defend properly at a corner. 3rd goal came from a quick break after some st ives pressure. St Ives got a goal just before the break from what their pressure deserved, ht 1-3. A tight 2nd half could of gone either way, st ives got their 2nd of the game after some good work on the right side by the winger (who looked dangerous everytime he got the ball) resulting in a simple tap-in in the box. Both sides pushed for the decisive goal, a draw would of been a fair result on balance of play but culdrose hung on to keep their title hopes alive for another week

Spot on comments from Harry_Breasbats re: Helston v West Cornwall.

After the first 10 mins, every chance Helston created, they made the keeper work. We created some great opportunities of our own, but failed to hit the target everytime. No complaints with the result, beaten by the far better side. Was a nice little run while it lasted, but the aim for the season was to gain promotion, so hopefully this result won't throw us of course!!

Congrats to Helston, played some great football, worthy winners, and a top bunch of lads down there. Also thanks for the grub after, very nice indeed. And the bar staff were very welcoming and friendly, nice people. Best of luck for the run-in, andd hope to see you next season in Div 1!!!

Div 2

Helston 3-0 West Cornwall

Jed 2

Mikey D 1

West Cornwall had their chances but good defending and a solid performance Helston deserved the points.

A good unbeaten run by WC ended tonight at Kellaway Park. Best of luck for the run in

and how many first team players did helston use for this game haha

Div 2

Helston 3-0 West Cornwall

Jed 2

Mikey D 1

West Cornwall had their chances but good defending and a solid performance Helston deserved the points.

A good unbeaten run by WC ended tonight at Kellaway Park. Best of luck for the run in

and how many first team players did helston use for this game haha

4 ha ha

None... Mikey played 2nds all year and I haven't played a senior game for any team since winning the combo last season and have now played enough to be reinstated as a junior player.

We don't need any of the 1st to drop down as we have a quality squad.

Seems the "Lizard" boys are a bit worry coming to watch us last night... We're coming for you!!

No game for us during the week. Apparantly its a good idea to play Saturday, Monday and then Percy semi final on Wednesday next week! Just the 7 league games to go after that!

Camborne SOM in Division 1 have ten league games and at least one cup game fixtured between the 30th April and 21st May!

Newlyn NA Res. have no mid-week games this week, no game on Saturday, but are playing Monday, Thursday and Saturday next week. Idiotic.

Guest BenTheYeti

Interesting to see Fal lad was at the St Ives game.. hoping for an early promotion party no doubt :P

I spoke to their manager in town this morning and he was gutted to lose.. thought the same as you and that a draw would have been a fair result

Interesting to see Fal lad was at the St Ives game.. hoping for an early promotion party no doubt :P

I spoke to their manager in town this morning and he was gutted to lose.. thought the same as you and that a draw would have been a fair result

Their promotion party is on hold thanks to Wendron this evening!

The fat lady hasn't sang yet!

Guest BenTheYeti

Their promotion party is on hold thanks to Wendron this evening!

The fat lady hasn't sang yet!

Slightly surprising result I'd imagine? But Wendron have been playing well.. we've got to host both Falmouth and Wendron.. the latter being the last game of the season.. now if they win all their games in hand, they'll be on 42 points, with Culdrose on either 45, 46 or 48 depending on the Hayle result, so I can't see it being in there hands really.

Falmouth are 9 points clear of Frogpool (6 if Frogpool win their game in hand, which is against Wendron.. so either way. it'll stop one team having a chance)

Still fancy it being Falmouth and Culdrose as the top 2, followed by Wendron, Frogpool, St Ives and Hayle... but I wouldn't bet a single penny on it lol

St buryan 3 Gwinear 2

Dunn Cup Semi Final

Deserved win for Buryan after falling behind twice, one an absolute screamer. All goals in first half. Should and could have run away with it in second half but didn't take our chances.

Should be a tast final St. Buryan v Ian Gosling.

Anywhere know when or where?

Cheers

Well done for providing the Goonhavern team talk, could be a silly mistake as you have already been comprehensively outplayed in all depts in both league games this season. See you at Illogan on the 1st May for 6.15 KO.

Just bants my friend. We all know Goonhavern are a quality side and deserve to be promoted as champs. I didn't play the away game so can't comment, but in our home match I was impressed, good side with a good attitude. Looking forward to final though, you must go in as favourites but who knows in a one off cup game?

All the best