Cornwall Football Forum

Fixtures

The fixtures are starting to be put on the SWP League website, should all be up by the end of Wednesday.

Superb effort by Phil to get them done so quick. However, have to admit, I was hoping that we would get some Friday Night home games, perhaps someone at the club can contact SWPL to arrange this ASAP. Fed up clashing with the 'G' on Saturdays, another 6 fixtures where floating football folk have to make a choice.

I see St.Austell start with a trip to Dartmouth and then the following Saturday Royal Marines are at Poltair......Saturdays in August - how long will those trips take? :unsure: Best start out on the Friday night perhaps!!!

I see St.Austell start with a trip to Dartmouth and then the following Saturday Royal Marines are at Poltair......Saturdays in August - how long will those trips take? :unsure: Best start out on the Friday night perhaps!!!

Tony....St Blazey played Dartmouth away at the start of the season 2 years ago. The traffic that day wasnt to bad on the Plymouth road. Well worth leaving early, going in to Paignton where theres a K.F.C and then take the Dartmouth Ferry and go up the hill to Dartmouth with the ground on the top on the left. Good trip. :thumbsup:

Last game of Season 2010-11 Falmouth Town v Tavistock

First game of Season 2011-12 Falmouth Town v Tavistock

How unique is that?

I see the AFC St.Austell winter fixtures are kicking off 2-15pm (also Camelford-Royal Marines and Elburton Villa)

How is the floodlight progress at Poltair Park?

For Dartmouth, you would use the A38 anyway, so A30 problems won't affect you.

You'll have to hope RM use their heads and go A38 otherwise you might be kicking off at 5pm!

Paul - KFC sounds good if nothing else!

Mike - Floodlights will be up this season but part of the monies are of course grant funded and they don't release the funds until all i's are dotted and t's crossed 5 times!! As far as I know all the paperwork/evidence of funding is now with them but the wheels move slowly in such organisations! I think the club are hoping that work will start soon but if they'll actually be up and fully working before the clocks change must be debatable

Dan

The Royal Marines seem to be able to transport themselves to all four quarters of the globe in pursuit of people that are deemed to be a threat to the security of this country.

I think I'd be pretty confident that they'll make it to St Austell in time for KO

I suspect getting into Baghdad was easier than the St.Austell area with all those poxy temporary traffic lights :wacko:

Dan

The Royal Marines seem to be able to transport themselves to all four quarters of the globe in pursuit of people that are deemed to be a threat to the security of this country.

I think I'd be pretty confident that they'll make it to St Austell in time for KO

Fair point, but it always amazes me how many locals get caught out on August Saturdays. It took some of our fans 2 1/2 hours to get to Lanson a couple of seasons ago.

Dan

I suspect getting into Baghdad was easier than the St.Austell area with all those poxy temporary traffic lights :wacko:

Agreed. Absolutely ridiculous! How anybody could deem yet another set of traffic lights necessary on the by-pass is totally beyond me. Anyone using the A390 as a through-route this summer will need to allow an hour to get through St Blazey and St Austell.

Last game of Season 2010-11 Falmouth Town v Tavistock

First game of Season 2011-12 Falmouth Town v Tavistock

How unique is that?

Not very... :clapper:

Last game of Season 2010-11 Buckland Athletic v Torpoint Athletic

First game of Season 2011-12 Buckland Athletic v Torpoint Athletic

Nice one-Nick

There could be more-I will have to tone down my programme notes.