Cornwall Football Forum

Signing of the season

Would like to start a discussion on peoples views on who their 'signing of the season' would be in the Premier League specifically but any discussion about Championship, League 1, 2 and Conference is welcome.

My personal view is Javier Hernandez has been a revelation in the Premier League and for Manchester United and is most definitely the Signing of the season.

Closely followed by Van Der Vaart who's also had a great season but fizzled out towards the end of the season.

My personal view is Javier Hernandez has been a revelation in the Premier League and for Manchester United and is most definitely the Signing of the season.

Totally agree. :thumbsup: A bit of an unknown when United signed him having scored 29 goals in two seasons for Guadalajara but the gamble paid off and he's been a fantastic signing. Rafael Van Der Vaart was not a gamble, he was an established world class player when Spurs signed him scoring a over 100 goals in his carrer with Ajax, Hamburg and Real Madrid.

what about the likes of Odemwingie at West Brom, almost single handedly keeping the Baggies up (not a WBA fan by the way).

Borini at Swansea on loan from Chelsea has been a great signing at Championship level. Looks a class act. Max Gradel at Leeds has been a revelation too and attracting interest from bigger clubs.

This Topic has no right or wrong answer, it's just about opinions so Odemwingie is a good shout but Hernandez has scored vital match winning goals that have helped lead United to a 19th title against the likes of Stoke west brom etc whilst scoring in big games like the 3 he has scored against Chelsea.

Dj Campbell has been another great signing contributing with some great goals for Blackpool which have helped them stay in the relegation fight rather than sinking without a trace like pundits and fans alike described.

For £8 million,Van dar Vaart was an absoulute snip.

He hit the ground running,and thats without a pre season,due to the World Cup.

18 goals is a great return.Hope he stays.

As for Hernandez,he has only come to the fore in the 2nd half of the season.

He could'nt get in the team,with Berbatov scoring goals galore,in the early part of the season.

Odemwinge is the same.He could'nt hit water if he fell overboard.

Then Woy turned up and Hey Presto.

For £8 million,Van dar Vaart was an absoulute snip.

He hit the ground running,and thats without a pre season,due to the World Cup.

18 goals is a great return.Hope he stays.

As for Hernandez,he has only come to the fore in the 2nd half of the season.

He could'nt get in the team,with Berbatov scoring goals galore,in the early part of the season.

Odemwinge is the same.He could'nt hit water if he fell overboard.

Then Woy turned up and Hey Presto.

No doubt VdV is a class act. I think Sandro has been a revelation in the latter half of the season too.

Its funny how different players play under different managers. Rafa never really did it at Real, I know its slightly different to West Brom, but when at Spurs playing under a manager like Harry who moulded the side around him hes a different player. I hope he stays next season too, for the good of the Premiership.

As for Brunt, he has some unbelievable tekkers, and looks good on Match of the Day's highlights, but hasn't he been out for the latter part of the season, meaning players like Odemwingie and that Mulumbu have had to really step up and they have.

DJ Campbell is a good shout too!

What about Kenny for Liverpool?

Signing of the season,YaYa Toure,your having a laugh.

Stop smoking those funny fags,pal.

Not much of a gamble.

Signing some-one from Barcelona,for god know what transfer fee,and paying him over £200,000 a week.

Oh yea.

Real signing of the season.

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Chicorito ( little pea ) Hernandez is not only the signing of the season....hes the signing of the century! You cant put a price on natural goalscoring abilities but at 6 million....United have the makings of another superstar in their fold. No other team could nurture him like the mighty reds!!!

Chicorito ( little pea ) Hernandez is not only the signing of the season....hes the signing of the century! You cant put a price on natural goalscoring abilities but at 6 million....United have the makings of another superstar in their fold. No other team could nurture him like the mighty reds!!!

Totally agree, but Spurfect is a Spurs supporter so he wouldn't know anything about natural goalscorers! :yahoo: They might have qualified for the Champions League if they'd had one! :lol:

Signing of the season,YaYa Toure,your having a laugh.

Stop smoking those funny fags,pal.

Not much of a gamble.

Signing some-one from Barcelona,for god know what transfer fee,and paying him over £200,000 a week.

Oh yea.

Real signing of the season.

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

[/quote

Yeah fair enough he cost alot of money, I still think he has been a good signing.

If it makes you feel better i think Van Der Vart has also been a great signing :clapper:

Another good signing Ben Foster ??

Bobby Smith,Jimmy Greaves,Alan Gilzean,Martin Chivers,Steve Archibald,Garth Crooks,Gary Lineker,Jurgen Klinnsman.

Do you want me to go on.

:SM_carton: :SM_carton: :SM_carton: :SM_carton:

MMmmm the last one of those played in short shorts and baggy shirts so they are a pretty poor example to use in that argument(for a change)your current "natural" goalscorer scored 4(four) goals this season and now moaning about lack of football. Must be hoping for a move to a proper BIG club

Did Vincent COmpany sign for City this year? he's class

Van der Vaart was hardly a gamble, he's a class act who was excellent in the first half of the season but went off the boil a bit.

Utd signing Giggs on for another year? at 37 he's still one of the best and most influential players in the league. Hernandez has been class as well, but not a lot to lose with that one at £6m, great find by the Whiskey nosed one though.

David Luis will prove quality for Chelsea next season as he has shown his class this year as well.

First thing i would like to say Suzie is the reds are not mighty their just a pampered team of overpaid footballers. Second if you think little P#### is the signing of the century you have never seen Georgie Best Bobby Charlton Dennis Law and many more play,Besty was greatest ever footballer in my opinion closley followed by Maradona,after that about 2000 others before little p####,and this is from a City fan, who would'nt swap Tevez for 10 of him. :SM_carton:

Signing of the century? Bit steep! A good player, but not quite in the Cantona/Solskaer class! as for signing of the season, there's many. Vdv for spurs, jones for stoke, villa for man city in the premier league. Best signing tho has to be Scott Sinclair at Swansea, 20 plus goals from the wing, not bad for a chelsea reject!

Guest man city fan

Theres a shock Hoppit. A shitty fan who's against UTD *YAWN*. Maybe if you had little pea you'd of been challenging for more than the FA cup which over recent years has lost its appeal to the Big 4.

i bet if the fa cup was all united won this season they wudnt moan about .

who are the big 4 ?

Dont worry,Man City fan.You will get used to the BIG 4 syndrome on here.

We get the same with the Goons,havent won f--k-all for 6 years,then when Spurs win the Carling Cup,its Mickey Mouse.

Then all you got was we always qualify for the Champions League.

When we do it.They say you wont reach the Group Stages,and so on.

Because they have had there own way for a while,they thick they will achieve everything,all the time.

We know things are different.

City have more than United will ever have.

So any normal intelligent person know,City will improve and become better and bigger than United.

As for the top 4.

Personally,I would say it is now becoming the top 6.

Man Utd,Chelsea,ManCity,Spurs,Liverpool,and I think,Arsenal just scrape into the top 6.

We get the same with the Goons,havent won f--k-all for 6 years,then when Spurs win the Carling Cup,its Mickey Mouse.

Because they have had there own way for a while,they thick they will achieve everything,all the time.

So any normal intelligent person know,City will improve and become better and bigger than United.

As for the top 4.

Man Utd,Chelsea,ManCity,Spurs,Liverpool,and I think,Arsenal just scrape into the top 6.

i agree ,its now more of a top 6!but to say "then all you got was we always qualify for the champions league"....ALWAYS says it all . Spuds are just flirting with the champions league!

Scott Sinclair is a prem player in a crap division???

As for Hernandez,name a player that has entered the Premier League and been as influential AND consistant!!

Silva plays well against lesser opposition, Van der Vaart is ok when his side are winning.

Hernandez was scoring goals pre season,charity shield and when ever he gets the chance and the thing is,he is a real team player.

Suarez looks a good buy.If your looking at players of the season...... Jack Wilshere..... Fabra who?? :thumbsup:

Guest man city fan

As for the top 4.

i would say there is no top 4 anymore of man u arsenal chelsea liverpool getting champoions league every year.

now its more like 4 from 6 who will get the champions league and i prefer it like this its not so predictable.

next season i can see maybe arsenal falling away if they lose fabregas and maybe wilshere if city come in with a big bid.

Scott Sinclair is a prem player in a crap division???

As for Hernandez,name a player that has entered the Premier League and been as influential AND consistant!!

Silva plays well against lesser opposition, Van der Vaart is ok when his side are winning.

Hernandez was scoring goals pre season,charity shield and when ever he gets the chance and the thing is,he is a real team player.

Suarez looks a good buy.If your looking at players of the season...... Jack Wilshere..... Fabra who?? :thumbsup:

Dimitar Berbatov! :thumbsup:

Theres a shock Hoppit. A shitty fan who's against UTD *YAWN*. Maybe if you had little pea you'd of been challenging for more than the FA cup which over recent years has lost its appeal to the Big 4.

Where in my above post have i been against utd just my opinion, why do you feel the need to use vulgar language just because you read something you don't agree with, if some of the comments on this forum make you yawn go shopping at Tesco that should stimulate your mind. Armchair supporter i reckon, ever been to Old Trafford? i doubt it. Two teams in Manchester Man City and Man City Reserves Utd play in Salford :clapper:

First thing i would like to say Suzie is the reds are not mighty their just a pampered team of overpaid footballers. Second if you think little P#### is the signing of the century you have never seen Georgie Best Bobby Charlton Dennis Law and many more play,Besty was greatest ever footballer in my opinion closley followed by Maradona,after that about 2000 others before little p####,and this is from a City fan, who would'nt swap Tevez for 10 of him. :SM_carton:

Now come on.......I said century in gest! Ill rephrase it and put Decade in its place. As for a pampered team of overpaid players it will be interesting to see Citys budget for their new signings

Now come on.......I said century in gest! Ill rephrase it and put Decade in its place. As for a pampered team of overpaid players it will be interesting to see Citys budget for their new signings

Suzie i mea'nt all the premier league are overpaid including Man City players, Ya Ya Toure worth £250,000 a week? having a laugh. As for little P signing of the decade, better than Ronaldo van Nistllroy Cantona Yorke Cole? Could go on and on,i know some are pre decade but around the same era :P

Guest man city fan

Suzie i mea'nt all the premier league are overpaid including Man City players, Ya Ya Toure worth £250,000 a week? having a laugh. As for little P signing of the decade, better than Ronaldo van Nistllroy Cantona Yorke Cole? Could go on and on,i know some are pre decade but around the same era :P

bergkamp and henry were some signings

bergkamp and henry were some signings

You can just go on and on, those red tinted glasses often give a distorted view,everyone entitled to their opinion i guess,i try to look at things from a balanced point of view,if that happens to disrespect Man utd i often get ridiculed. Just the way it is. :P

Hoppit as you rightly said, Yorke Cole Cantona were not signed in this decade...Ronaldo cost 12 million and Nistelrooy 19. Therefore I will stand by my statement of Little Pea being the signing of the decade.

Sorry Suzie i thought we were talking about ability not the amount they cost, i stand corrected. Vincent Kompany for City did'nt cost much he's been brilliant in defence different position i know just my opinion please don't shout at me. ;)

Hoppit, I was merely making the point that pound for pound Hernandez is a steal ! He is a natural goalscorer, has heart and has slotted into the team with such ease. Goalscorers win you games at the end of the day and hes proved he can do just that.

Would choose Charlie Adam of Blacpool then he cost nowt and is a superb player in a poor side, got to be easier to score playing for Utd than any other team.Would Hernandez have scored as many for Blackpool probably not.