Cornwall Football Forum

Hanging my boots up!

Long overdue many may say! but after a successful league winning season with St Domnick I have decided to hang the boots up after 20 years, most have been spent in the east cornwall league.

Had many great years playing for Swingletree, Callington, Foxhole, Bere Alston, Lanreath and St Dominick.

Had 10 great years at Callington where we won the league and league cup twice. Loved my time at Foxhole met some great people and won a cup, also at Bere Alston where we won Duchy league and were flying in the east cornwall league. Finally finishing at St dominick (well done lads!!).

My proudest moment was captaining a struggling Callington side in the ECPL Cup final against a strong Foxhole and coming back from 2-0 down with 10 men to win 4-2 in extra time and even had two streakers!

Great times and meet some great people.

Hopefully will still be involved in football somehow but also looking forward to a break.

All the best

Truckers

Long overdue many may say! but after a successful league winning season with St Domnick I have decided to hang the boots up after 20 years, most have been spent in the east cornwall league.

Had many great years playing for Swingletree, Callington, Foxhole, Bere Alston, Lanreath and St Dominick.

Had 10 great years at Callington where we won the league and league cup twice. Loved my time at Foxhole met some great people and won a cup, also at Bere Alston where we won Duchy league and were flying in the east cornwall league. Finally finishing at St dominick (well done lads!!).

My proudest moment was captaining a struggling Callington side in the ECPL Cup final against a strong Foxhole and coming back from 2-0 down with 10 men to win 4-2 in extra time and even had two streakers!

Hopefully will still be involved in football somehow but also looking forward to a break.

All the best

Truckers

All the best for a long and happy retirement Trucks

All the best

Truckers

Bout time buddy, you need to put total concentration in your budding Vets career, look at it a different way, Saturdays you were the old man in the team, now you are the baby of the side, part of our youth scheme!

Well done trucks! If I can achieve only half of what you have a will be very happy! Good luck with the vets and I'm sure I'll see u up the club most Saturday's!

I know you are a stats man. How many goals did you score and how many games have you played. Are you staying with St Dominick in any capacity.

Well done trucks! If I can achieve only half of what you have a will be very happy! Good luck with the vets and I'm sure I'll see u up the club most Saturday's!

I know you are a stats man. How many goals did you score and how many games have you played. Are you staying with St Dominick in any capacity.

Thanks for all the kind comments

I have no idea how many games I have played, too many!!!

Not sure how many goals, but must be close too 500, and missed many more!!

Also not sure if I will stay on with St dominick in any capacity at the mo, but looking forward to a break, but would love to carry on with vets football have had a great time with that and played with and against some great players.

All the best Trucks. What vets side are u playing for?

I play for St Dennis, we won one cup against the mighty Western, but lost another final today 2-0 against Liskeard.

Thanks for the reply Trucks, we were in the same Callington Town double league winners side!!

I play for St Dennis, we won one cup against the mighty Western, but lost another final today 2-0 against Liskeard.

Thanks for the reply Trucks, we were in the same Callington Town double league winners side!!

Really, who are you?

Really, who are you?

A great career Trucks and one you can look back on with great pride. Had some very special times in the ECPL, especially doing the double in the first year. Still gutted now that we didn't make the Senior Cup Final that year, but a very strong Truro side beat us 1-0 with Andy Waddell scoring around the 70th minute in a very tight match.

Hopefully, I will catch you up the club soon or you are welcome to come in to Tavy for a day/night out if you fancy it, and I will see if we can get Rappo to join us!

P.S I believe Mex was the one who had a few women problems at the time (Too many!). Mind you, with all the sessions we had I think there were several that had relationship problems!

All the best

Truckers

Hi Chris, can you pm me. I need you to answer some questions

All the best

Truckers

For the moderators.

When I reply to a pm it appears on this thread. What am I doing wrong?

All the best

Truckers

For the moderators.

All the best

Truckers

For the moderators.

Appears on this thread - where? I can't see it

All the best

Truckers

For the moderators.

I removed it as soon as it was posted. I tried three times but it still came up on this thread. I thought a pm was private.

All the best

Truckers

For the moderators.

I removed it as soon as it was posted. I tried three times but it still came up on this thread. I thought a pm was private.

It should as it suggests be a "private" message between members.

Is your recipient receiving the original message?

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Great to hear from you Southy!!! Talking of great strikers!!! :clapper: Be a pleasure to catch up with you mate! My favourite away club Tavi, always loved playing against you guys,drag Smithy out as well bud!! If you ever do a re-union for Trucks at Langsford i,ll be there mate! One of my lucky pitches! Not sure i could get around it now though!!! Hope you're all well up there Southy,give everyone my love mate and catch you soon!!! x :thumbsup::smiley20: :c: