Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results Thread and Latest Table

Can you post your results, goal scorers and attendances on this thread please.

Thanks

Latest table after today's matches

http://www.comboleaguearchive.110mb.com/2009%20table.htm

Cornwall Combination League

Sat 20th March 2010

Hayle Reserves 0-2 Newquay Reserves (Dave Rabone, Christian Letts)

Att - 30

Holman SC 0-2 Helston Athletic (Tom Sobey, Mike Davies)

Att - 15

Ludgvan 0-5 Troon (Daniel Bell 2, Karl Turner, Matt Witts, Tom Hogarth)

Att - 19

Penryn Athletic Reserves (Dan Richardson, Jason Roberts, Timmy Nixon, Rob Warne) 4-2 Penzance Reserves (Jowan May, Ashley Thomas)

Att - 53

Perranwell (Scott Kinge) 1-0 St Ives Town

Att - 45

Porthleven Reserves P-P St Agnes

St Day (Adam Nicifero, Andy McCauley) 2-0 Mullion

Att - 20

St Just (Darren Steadman 2, OG) 3-2 Falmouth Town Reserves (Luke Murray, Ryan Reeve)

Att - 55

Wendron CC United (Ryan Tressider 2, Brett Andrew, Adam Williamson) 4-1 Portreath (Steve Trezona)

Att - 20

Sunday 21st

League Cup S-F

Illogan RBL v RNAS Culdrose

Att -

Ludgvan 0 Troon 5

Never realy in doubt from the start, Ludgvan had alot of new faces from the team that we played at our place a few months back, heard they even signed a few on before the game!! so credit to them for not giving up, no moans this week on the Ref front, as we had Mr Kev Knowles, who never put a foot wrong, refreshing to see him recognise a fair, but firm challenge and only showed 2 yellows a believe which were both for studs up.

Troons goals came from Karl Turner after 7 mins when his powerful shot could not be held by the home keeper and dribbled into the net, the keeper did not have the best of days to be hoenst, but carried on until the end. Danny bell had 2 goals, good work by Johnny Jones on the right, and his through ball fell to bell who slotted past the keeper, his second was a mistake by the keeper and he pounced to make it 3-0.

Good play between Mr Reeves and Karl Turner down the left resulted in a cross from turner which Tom Hogarth headed past the keeper to make it 4-0 ht.

Troon used all 3 subs early in the second half and lost a bit of shape etc, Ludgvan contined to battle hard, but didnt create anything at all to be honest. Must say that their centre half, young lad with a afro was good on the ball and looks to be a promising youngster, Matt Witts grabbed Troons 5th from a danny bell corner, his first attempt hit the post, and he tapped in the rebound.

Good look to Ludgvan, ST Agnes at home for troon next week, payback possibly for the early defeat.....!

Att - 19

Danny Bell x2

Karl Turner 1

Matt Witts 1

Tom Hogarth 1

Perranwell 1-0 St Ives

In My opinion i think St ives probably deserved a draw for our hard work and determination but in the end perranwell got the goal that they looked like they were going to get all game. First half i think St ives showed they can play against the better teams and had a couple of chances to nick a goal. Tony Simons in goal for St Ives made some class saves to keep us in it. Last time we played Perran they kept the ball really well and they beat us 3-0, today they tried to do the same and they couldnt keep it as well because of the pressure we put them under. Second half St Ives were just 11 men behind the ball and trying to get something off the break. Perranwell got a penalty which looked a bit suspect but our defender did dive in so he had nothing to complain about. The guy who stepped up saw the penalty saved by simons, but it wasnt to be St Ives Day in the end and the ball was crossed in from the right, it went all the way through, and it was put in at the back post.

I thought the game was played in good spirits, both teams got on the refs back a bit, but he did give a few off decisions but overall he had an o.k game.

Good luck to Perranwell for the rest of the season, was a good game to play in just a shame we couldnt have grabbed a draw.

who scored for wendron??

What was line up??

Where are you playing next week??

JJ goal

Me, Mosely, Adam Williamson, Ash Pascoe

Rich Crowler, Ryan Tresidder, Gary Pascoe Joe Chapman

Rob Dunn, Tony Harris

Subs: Alan Rodgers, Brett Andrew, Dan tellam, Tom Langford

We got Newquay next week at home, I think it will be a 1500 kick off again.

Holmans 0-2 Helston

Att 15

Pretty even contest at Blaythorne as 5th place Helston took on Holmans. Both sides had a couple of players absent however the game was mainly a midfield battle with neither side having a decent chance in the 1st half. HT 0-0

2nd half saw the visitors with the wind at their backs begin to create chances and the deadlock was broken in th 60th min after Holmans lost possesion in midfield the Helston attack broke and took the lead 0-1.

Holmans made a couple of changes and welcomed back Adam Selley after an en-forced (by the CCFA) 3 week break. Helston got the much needed cushion 2nd goal with 15min to go and although Holmans had chances with Dom Batchelor, Ben Gadsdon and a header from Neil Pitt couldn't find that much needed goal to get themselves back into the match.

Well Reffed by Len Stephens his 2nd game in 3 weeks at Blaythorne we will be demanding membership subscription soon haha :)

Full Time 0-2

Holmans travel to St Day next week....and it's beer kitty night :)

Attendance only 15 Neil, all Camborne people I bet.

Is this the Helston that wants promotion. You would think the people over there would show some interest in their club and come along and support them!

To be fair Paul it was probably 8 holmans 7 Helston....The damp weather was not the most inviting and good to see Gary the club steward from Helston there he did a cracking job for my work do last xmas.....also good to see my old manager Barry from our days at Goonhilly in 1994 he can still wave a mean flag!!!!!!! lots :) :) haha

St Just 3 mike brewer og, darren steadman 2

Town 2 luke murray, ryan reeve

thought we deserved something, but really only have ourselves to blame as we switched off for 25 minutes in the second half and got punished, fair play to st just, glad to see the back of them, all the best :D

Perranwell 1-0 St Ives

In My opinion i think St ives probably deserved a draw for our hard work and determination but in the end perranwell got the goal that they looked like they were going to get all game. First half i think St ives showed they can play against the better teams and had a couple of chances to nick a goal. Tony Simons in goal for St Ives made some class saves to keep us in it. Last time we played Perran they kept the ball really well and they beat us 3-0, today they tried to do the same and they couldnt keep it as well because of the pressure we put them under. Second half St Ives were just 11 men behind the ball and trying to get something off the break. Perranwell got a penalty which looked a bit suspect but our defender did dive in so he had nothing to complain about. The guy who stepped up saw the penalty saved by simons, but it wasnt to be St Ives Day in the end and the ball was crossed in from the right, it went all the way through, and it was put in at the back post.

I thought the game was played in good spirits, both teams got on the refs back a bit, but he did give a few off decisions but overall he had an o.k game.

Good luck to Perranwell for the rest of the season, was a good game to play in just a shame we couldnt have grabbed a draw.

I think Perran did deserve the 3 points but credit to St Ives they really battled well and do have some fine players, just lacking a bit of experience which will come i am sure.

It was a clean contest which credit to the new regime :c:

They have got rid of the dead wood!!! :clapper:

Perranwell 1-0 St Ives

I think Perran did deserve the 3 points but credit to St Ives they really battled well and do have some fine players, just lacking a bit of experience which will come i am sure.

Yeah your probably right, it was one of our better games in the past few weeks, and we had a couple of players missing yesterday. Really enjoyed the game, was gutted to lose but we'll take sommit from the game. A lot of our players left last season and its a completely different side, so hopefully we will get stable and have a better season next year.

Perranwell 1-0 St Ives

Yeah your probably right, it was one of our better games in the past few weeks, and we had a couple of players missing yesterday. Really enjoyed the game, was gutted to lose but we'll take sommit from the game. A lot of our players left last season and its a completely different side, so hopefully we will get stable and have a better season next year.

Gosh someone does agree with me! :c:

Beany made a howler for the PZ first goal, which Jowan May tucked away into the open net.

Penryn's first from a penalty after a clumsy foul in the box.

Missed the second cos I was in the bar as it was too cold outside, but Craig Nics got booked for protesting

Penryn third was a great goal, move down the left, ref played advanced, one two and the wide man bent one in past Nics first time.

4th was another tap in after good work down the left.

Then we went home cos it was far to cold standing round down there so missed the PZ second

Penryn very very comfortable without looking extremely good. They have 11 men out there who work together as a team and all know what each other is doing. And they run and run and run.

Guest peter young

Beany made a howler for the PZ first goal, which Jowan May tucked away into the open net.

Penryn's first from a penalty after a clumsy foul in the box.

Missed the second cos I was in the bar as it was too cold outside, but Craig Nics got booked for protesting

Penryn third was a great goal, move down the left, ref played advanced, one two and the wide man bent one in past Nics first time.

4th was another tap in after good work down the left.

Then we went home cos it was far to cold standing round down there so missed the PZ second

Penryn very very comfortable without looking extremely good. They have 11 men out there who work together as a team and all know what each other is doing. And they run and run and run.

not so many men eight teenagers