Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League Results 19/12/2009

Halsetown 5-1 gwinear churchtown. nick scoring a hat-trick to break his christmas target of 30 to record 32 goals this season at christmas. well done mate keep it up. thanks to gwinear who are a crackin bunch lads and your keeper was just pure amazing today. ref was excellent too neither team had had him but he did a top job. merry christmas and a happy new year to all.

Halestown 4 1 Gwinear

One team was prepared to run their socks off in dreadful conditions pitch barely playable . Great 1st goal would of graced any game by Foxy . Gwins consolation Joe farrell. Well done Halestown fully deserved their win.

Sorry was it 5 ? foxy had the 1st as mentioned Paradise had og for the second , then your boy who was excellent grabbed 2 beginning of second half did i miss his third sorry might of been during a down pour ?

Sorry you know what i can't even remember now that cold must of got to my brain. thinkin about it it was 4 but i don't think it was an og off paradise the shot was going in anyway from where i stood and if anything only just clipped him. but it don't really matter. look forward to seeing you boys next year.

MINING 1 RESULT.

REDRUTH UTD 2 V SENNEN 2

BOTH SIDES DESERVED SOMETHING WHICH EVER WAY YOU LOOK,SO A DRAW PROBABLY WAS A FAIR OUTCOME...REDRUTH STARTED MUCH THE BRIGHTER,IN THESE COLD CONDITIONS,AND TOOK THE GAME TO SENNEN,SO NO SUPRISE WHEN THEY SCORED TO GO 1-0 UP,SENNEN THEN MISSED A COUPLE OF CRUCIAL CHANCES,BEFORE ROB SPENCE SCORED...1-1 AT HALF TIME,,BUT YET AGAIN REDRUTH UPPED THEIR GAME,AND WENT AHEAD AGAIN..2-1...SENNEN PRESSED LATE ON AND A WELL TAKEN GOAL FROM BEN GEORGE,SEALED THE DRAW,,THEIR KEEPER PLAYED VERY WELL STOPPING NUMEROUS ATTEMPTS..AND EASILY THEIR MAN OF THE MATCH....SORRY TO HEAR OF HIS GREAT LOSS,AND EVERYONE AT SENNEN FC,WOULD LIKE TO EXTEND OUR CONDOLENCIES TO HIM...SEE YOU SOON IN THE DUNN CUP TILL THEN MERRY XMAS TO ALL,AND ALL IN THE MINING LEAGUE 1.

Guest illogan3rds10

mining 2

illogan 3rds 2-0 west cornwall

great battling performance in freezing cold conditions, well played west cornwall good luck 4 the rest of the season

goonhavern 1 storm 2.

Good result from Storm in tough conditions and with 4 players out, Storm went in at half time 1 up but had the chances to have been further ahead. 2nd half Storm went 2 up before Goonhavern started to dominate for the last 20 mins before getting a goal back to make it a frantic last 10 mins. Well reffed and good luck to goonhavern for the rest of the season it was a great game to be involved in.

Sorry to our reserves who we had to take players from after they already had a depleted squad.

WENDRON V GOONHAVERN.......POSTPONED

What a joke that was, travelled all way to wendron, got changed ready to play and the ref called it off due to frozen field when 2 other games were played go figure?? :SM_carton: so when money tight at this time of year with xmas etc wasting a fivers fuel on traveling to a game that should've been called off before i left my house is a joke.

anyway merry xmas and new year to all. :smiley20:

goonhavern 1 storm 2.

Good result from Storm in tough conditions and with 4 players out, Storm went in at half time 1 up but had the chances to have been further ahead. 2nd half Storm went 2 up before Goonhavern started to dominate for the last 20 mins before getting a goal back to make it a frantic last 10 mins. Well reffed and good luck to goonhavern for the rest of the season it was a great game to be involved in.

Sorry to our reserves who we had to take players from after they already had a depleted squad.

i would just like to add two great goals scored by grasso, an excellent team performance in sometimes atrocious conditions very proud of the guys today who dominated and played some great football goonhavern as said above did dominate the last 20 mins but we held out for a deserved 3 points. just like to add the ref was excellent today 10/10 for me and illogan no one wins the title at xmas lets see if you are there at the end of the season my guess you will merry xmas to all the mining league sides have a good one and see you in the new year.. good luck to all.

WENDRON V GOONHAVERN.......POSTPONED

What a joke that was, travelled all way to wendron, got changed ready to play and the ref called it off due to frozen field when 2 other games were played go figure?? :SM_carton: so when money tight at this time of year with xmas etc wasting a fivers fuel on traveling to a game that should've been called off before i left my house is a joke.

anyway merry xmas and new year to all. :smiley20:

Sorry to Goonhavern which travelled all that way but what can you do about the ref's decision. Personally i just think the ref did'nt want to ref because of the cold and thought i can just say the pitch is to frozen so he can go home with a hot cup of tea. Couple of our players went up to the pitch to see what it was like and they said it was no more frozen than the other two pitches which both had games on with no complaints from anyone so really don't understand his decision to call it off.

We at Wendron were also disapointed as we had a very strong team with couple new decent players in which we were keen to have a good game as it was the last of the year.

We have Madron start of the year so were looking to start our season there with 3 points thats only if the ref we have that day does'nt call the damn thing off!!

MINING DIVISION 2

TITANS 5 LUDGVAN 0

Many thanks to Titans players and management who are a credit to mining league football.

They completely outplayed us and ran out worthy winners.That said,i must say how proud i was of my boys who battled right to the end and never moaned once even though our backs were to the wall for almost the entire ninety minutes.After being hammered 14-0 at our home fixture,i sent the team out to stop Titans imposing they're passing game on us and to try to frustrate them,which we did for long periods of the game especially in the frst half.

Must say also that we had a great ref again who let the game run,apart from the first penalty award lol.

We wish Titans well for the rest of the season and merry christmas to all.

Four Lanes 8 - 1 Newlyn NA (HT 1 - 1)

Andy Cowper 4

Brett Adams

Ryan Curnow

Tom Gordon

Jordan Jackson

After going 1 nil down this was a great show of character from Four Lanes to dig in deep and pull off a great result, although the scoreline probably flattered us a little, Newlyn battled hard til the end in horrid conditions.

P.S. I hope your player who got taken to hospital with a nasty gash on his leg makes a speedy recovery. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Rosudgeon 1 Praze 2.

Ref didn't turn up so I ended up doing it (thankless job and the only grief I got was from my own Praze players).

Rosudgeon started by far the strongest and deserved to be 1-0 up at half time. Praze must of been caught off side at least 15 times. A lot of moaning but to be fair, only one or decisions by the lino were in question. Rosudgeon play a high, well organised line.

Praze continued to battle and finally put away 2 of their chances in the 2nd half.

I awarded Rosudgeon a penalty with 5 minutes to go which had to be re-taken due to the players encrouching in the box. 2nd time they took a much better pen but the praze keeper pulled off a great save.

Rodugeon battled to the end - all over the pitch and deserved something from the game. However, Praze very happy with another 3 points.

thanks for the kind words addick1 your side did frustrate us for a lot of the game but in the end we managed to break you down and hit the back of the net. hope the injured lad is okay,i bet his knee is aching today.its a good job you don't play for two weeks as i doubt he would have played on saturday.good luck for the rest of the season you have a good bunch of lads there :thumbsup::drink::c:

seasons greetings to all in the mining league even madron and illogan3rds :P

Mining 3

Newlyn 1 - 3 Gulval res

After are secretary was told mid week that we was playing at the leisure center, we turned up there only to find out it was at St Just :angry2: Anyway we played with the gusty wind in the 1st half, we started ok scoring after about 20 mins with some good passing football for a delightful cross being delivered for Phil " Gringo " Harvey arriving at the back stick to powerfully head in. Newlyn to be fair tried to play some nice football, but they found Gulval in a workish mood all over the pitch.Gulvals 2nd goal came from a clearence from Ben Reeve in the Gulval goal, it went over Newlyns defence with J Harrison reacting quickest lobbing the on coming keeper for Chas pearce to tuck it away. At this point their keeper decided he had, had enough, and just walked off..... bizzare :blink::SM_carton_y: Gulval capitilized on this and made it 3, Chas Pearce tapping in at the far post!

0-3 H/T

Newlyn came out 2nd half with a real sense of fight, but once again found Gulval in no mood for festive spirit. Gringo Harvey went through 1 on 1 only to see his shot rebound off the post in to the keepers arms.

Newlyn got a fortunate goal when a mix up between defender and keeper allowed newlyn what can only be described a farcical goal!! :glare: . Tom Mockford had 2 very good chances late on only to try and score from a very tight angle :angry2: Fair play to Newlyn who never gave up and never made it easy at anytime.

Ref had a good game, used common sense and let the game flow :thumbsup: Gulval march in to 2010 with another 3 points and a healthy league position :yahoo:

We at Gulval would like to wish all involved with football in Cornwall Best Wishes for Christmas and a Happy New Year :drink::smiley20:

P.S Special mention for Nigel Cluer and Fred Bratomi,Wattsy......... awesome displays!!

goonhavern 1 storm 2.

i would just like to add two great goals scored by grasso, an excellent team performance in sometimes atrocious conditions very proud of the guys today who dominated and played some great football goonhavern as said above did dominate the last 20 mins but we held out for a deserved 3 points. just like to add the ref was excellent today 10/10 for me and illogan no one wins the title at xmas lets see if you are there at the end of the season my guess you will merry xmas to all the mining league sides have a good one and see you in the new year.. good luck to all.

Can't really complain about the outcome of the game. We weren't really at the races yesterday which was disappointing especially considering how close it's likely to get at the top when you have played your games in hand. We had a couple players missing too which would suggest that you have a stronger squad on the basis of the yesterday. On the plus side we never gave up and pulled a goal back through Sam Waters which made the final 10 minutes or so interesting. Personally shouldn't have stayed on the pitch for so long after buggering my groin in the first 5 minutes - paying the price for that today. Good luck to Storm for the rest of the season, good bunch, well reffed again!

Mining League Div. 1

Trevenson Utd .v. Robartes - Off

Mining League Div. 3

Trevenson Utd Res. - Not fixtured.

No game for either side now until January 2nd, so on behalf of everyone at Trevenson FC a merry christmas and happy new year to all.

Shouldn't of been off!!! POOR Organisation!

Gulval 1 TMS 3

No complaints 0 0 at half time. We had our chances and would have prefered not to lose Pete Jerrery after on 20 mins.

However there we go, TMS gratious in victory.

Merry Christmas One and All.

Think you should have come in 1-2 up in the first half but we did well in the second and grabbed the win

great bunch of lads you got!!

Rosudgeon Res 1 Praze 2

Very good battle in which in all honesty i could'nt have asked any more from my players.

We started well and took the battle to Praze from the first whistle being first to every 50-50 and really having a go.Rosudgeon took the lead through a very good goal from great football out to the wing and crossed in for a fine header from the Jozzer.

H/T 1.0

Second half we could'nt continue with the constant pressure and Praze showed what there all about by stepping up the pace.But in truth the reply came with a lot of luck when Ozzie Keeps made a rare,rare mistake dropping a cross and the Praze player back-heeling into an empty net.From there the lads dropped and there was a sign of all that hard work for nothing.both teams had there chances and Praze put there second away well.We got a blatant penalty with 5 to go put it away but for some reason it was called for a retake and missed.Hey ho thats football.I really feel we deserved the draw,But it just shows how cruel football can be at times.

I could'nt have asked any more from the lads who stood up to a very good side,Gave everything and came out of it with there heads held high.

Thankyou to the Praze Gaffer for reffing and doing a very good job.(Someone please tell me why when a ref is booked they can't let you know there not coming? I think thats shocking)

I would like to say a very merry christmas to all my lads and thankyou for everything this year.

Also a merry christmas to all the Praze boys and all the readers and members of the forum from all at Rosudgeon

Att: sellout,last ticket went to a little donkey bought on the cheap from a tout,Word is he was passing through on the way to Bethlehem.

3 Wise men got there early for front row seats.

Rosudgeon Res 1 Praze 2

Very good battle in which in all honesty i could'nt have asked any more from my players.

We started well and took the battle to Praze from the first whistle being first to every 50-50 and really having a go.Rosudgeon took the lead through a very good goal from great football out to the wing and crossed in for a fine header from the Jozzer.

H/T 1.0

Second half we could'nt continue with the constant pressure and Praze showed what there all about by stepping up the pace.But in truth the reply came with a lot of luck when Ozzie Keeps made a rare,rare mistake dropping a cross and the Praze player back-heeling into an empty net.From there the lads dropped and there was a sign of all that hard work for nothing.both teams had there chances and Praze put there second away well.We got a blatant penalty with 5 to go put it away but for some reason it was called for a retake and missed.Hey ho thats football.I really feel we deserved the draw,But it just shows how cruel football can be at times.

I could'nt have asked any more from the lads who stood up to a very good side,Gave everything and came out of it with there heads held high.

Thankyou to the Praze Gaffer for reffing and doing a very good job.(Someone please tell me why when a ref is booked they can't let you know there not coming? I think thats shocking)

I would like to say a very merry christmas to all my lads and thankyou for everything this year.

Also a merry christmas to all the Praze boys and all the readers and members of the forum from all at Rosudgeon

Att: sellout,last ticket went to a little donkey bought on the cheap from a tout,Word is he was passing through on the way to Bethlehem.

3 Wise men got there early for front row seats.

I ordered the retake as your right back was a bit keen and well inside the box before the penalty was taken. No arguement from the Rosudgeon boys.

Rosudgeon Res 1 Praze 2

.We got a blatant penalty with 5 to go put it away but for some reason it was called for a retake and missed.

MINING DIVISION 2

TITANS 5 LUDGVAN 0

Many thanks to Titans players and management who are a credit to mining league football.

They completely outplayed us and ran out worthy winners.That said,i must say how proud i was of my boys who battled right to the end and never moaned once even though our backs were to the wall for almost the entire ninety minutes.After being hammered 14-0 at our home fixture,i sent the team out to stop Titans imposing they're passing game on us and to try to frustrate them,which we did for long periods of the game especially in the frst half.

Must say also that we had a great ref again who let the game run,apart from the first penalty award lol.

We wish Titans well for the rest of the season and merry christmas to all.

Addick1 many thanks as said at the club you guys are having a hard time of it, we experienced this last season for a while but you cannot deny at yours and ours you guys never drop your heads they are playing for ludgvan but more importantly those guys are playing for you :D if any team we have played this season deserves something its you and your team i hope at least a sporting award cos thats the least you guys deserve. Take nothing away on sat from you guys we played some of our guys who dont get regular football and i was very pleased with the lads nonetheless after 30 mins and a missed pen i was wondering when more than if. Good luck to you Ludgvan for the rest of the season and merry xmas.

REDRUTH RES 5 V 3 PERRANPORTH 3RDS

Great result 4 the reds we had about 6 players out and they were the same !!! 3nil up all over them and then as usual we fall apart !!! At 3 2 perran had a pen which our keeper made a fantastic save and we made it 4 2 with 10 mins left. Then our keeper for the second time gave there striker a open goal to make it 4 3 . At this stage we were thinking we have blown it again until the twin tower chills grabbed his 4th to win the game 4 us !!!! Then the very happy and sporting num8 for perranporth decided to slag us off and say how great they are at playing football and we only hoof the ball !!! All i can say to that is we won we have done the double over you and your playing mining 3 !!!!! Also at the end of the game rather than going on and trying to start a fight just gow up and have a beer !!!!

Can anyone explain to me we have parts of the goal areas that were frozen and the game is in doubt !!! Yet we play in august when the whole pitch is rock hard !!!!!!