Cornwall Football Forum

Truro City V Tiverton

Yes it is the League Cup. The winning goal was a bit controversial apparently. I'm not sure what kind of team we put out, but if it was like the first round then three quarters of the team will have been fringe players with two or three first teamers returning from injury getting match practice (I think Watto played).

It's fair to say we won't be wailing and gnashing our teeth at going out, though the way things are going at the moment that cup was probably our only hope of silverware this season unless the winners of the play offs get a trophy.

I think the biggest worry was the game being postponed because the re-arrangement could have led to it replacing a midweek league match and we can't afford to have them piling up.

We don't play in the Vase now we're in the Southern League as it's only for clubs who play below Step 4 of the non league pyramid. We have the FA Trophy now and our next match in that is a 1st Rd game on Dec 12 at Chelmsford City.

Hayd, how can that goal stand when the same player has put it in?

Respect for referee's though!!!

you tell me darren,didnt give him any stick mate,because he was one of those clowns that run around with a permanent grin on his face,and will go home thinking how wonderful he was,when all wee did is sit there laughing. :drink:

Guest Postie Pidge

yes ,the tivey player that took the pen hit the bar then the same player headed in the rebound

Doesn't the ball have to touch an opposing player? I thought that if a player hits the post/bar from a penalty, it has to be touched by an opponent. Or can it be any other player as in Faux

yes ,the tivey player that took the pen hit the bar then the same player headed in the rebound

Doesn't the ball have to touch an opposing player? I thought that if a player hits the post/bar from a penalty, it has to be touched by an opponent. Or can it be any other player as in Faux

Pidge,

from a penalty the kicker is not allowed to touch the ball a second time without it having been played or touched by another player (either team) if the kicker does touch it a second time then the referee shall award an in-direct freekick to the defending team from where the player touched the ball a second time, if this happened within the 6 yard box then the kick must be taken parallel from where the incident occured on the 6 yard line.

The team looks a lot stronger than I thought it would be which makes the defeat a bit more of a disappointment. I know this competition was the least of our priorities but silverware is silverware.

And the Argyle penalty Mike described sounds like the one Arsenal tried a few seasons ago with Pires and Henry against Man City - only they completely Frenched it up. One up to the Pilgrims!

I guess you were there Haydn but the Tiverton website says 'Sam Malson hit the underside of the crossbar and Alex Faux beat him to head in the rebound'.

And thats the named scorer supplied to the Southern League.

the guy even admitted to scoring it mike,and just to add to it he admitted to diving for the pen ,we had enough chances to win 2 games in the last ten mins :drink:

That puts a slightly different light on it then.

not if its lies :SM_carton: