Cornwall Football Forum

Who are Title contenders this season??

Who do you think are Title contenders??

As a Blazey fan i have to say Blazey as so far they have been playing great football and getting very good results!

Other teams that i think have a chance are Buckland, Saltash, Bodmin and maybe even Falmouth if they get a move on up the table!!

What do others think?? :c:

Buckland are looking good but Budleigh isnt much to go on. St Blazey won 7-0 at Chard on the side of a mountain but its one result of many to come. Long way to go and many points will be come and go. This is how a league should be. Wide open. Long may it continue. :)

Cannot see Falmouth Town in the top five! Whilst they may have made a couple of decent signings, the remainder of the squad is pretty damn average.

I have the feeling that Saltash United will still be sore from the midweek defeat at Cullompton and will demonstrate how poor Falmouth Town really are.

Kevin Hendy has a side full of talented players and will surely be title contenders this season.

How many of the top teams at the end of the season will be able to enter the FA Cup next year?, 4, 5, 6,???

Mike Odgers where are you?

This season the F.A set a maximum number of clubs for the F A Cup participation.

The qualification from all step 6 leagues was-automatic from the top four of the step 6, SWPL(P) and then from position 5th to 10th there was possiblity so as to make up the maximum number set by the FA.

Below 10th position there was no acceptance, but mysteriously St.Blazey 12th,Falmouth Town 14th were admitted.

I guess the SWPL management fought the case for Cornwall to have a better representation in the competition compared to other Counties.

For F A Cup next season I do not know the qualification criteria.

All SWPL(P) clubs are entitled to apply with the exception of Elburton Villa;Ivybridge Town;Witheridge;Bovey Tracey;Dartmouth;Holsworthy and Clyst Rovers as you have to play in the Vase for one season before the F A Cup.

Not sure about Plymouth Parkway who didn't meet the ground regulations this year.

So I would suggest finish as high in the SWPL as you can and then 'fingers crossed'.

I wonder Mike if the F.A let in St Blazey and Falmouth because so many teams above them couldnt enter or didnt apply. I no Wadebridge and Liskeard didnt bother thinking they wouldnt get through, plus Cullumpton, Dartmouth, Buckland and Torpoint couldnt enter. That would have left Cornwall with very little teams entering the F.A cup.

Cannot see Falmouth Town in the top five! Whilst they may have made a couple of decent signings, the remainder of the squad is pretty damn average.

I have the feeling that Saltash United will still be sore from the midweek defeat at Cullompton and will demonstrate how poor Falmouth Town really are.

Kevin Hendy has a side full of talented players and will surely be title contenders this season.

Interesting result after this comment Pastyman!

I thought Falmouth were well worthy of the win and they looked an excellent side. In Sean Flynn they have a superb leader - a player that the opposition will hate yet teamates will love! In addition the centre midfielder who played the 90 was superb on the day and the right back also looked a good player. On the whole they looked a strong unit.

Dissapointed with Saltash, a strange starting line up and they were second best all day, albeit when John Heveron went into midfield they did improve and he is a really good player. Have the wheels fallen off at Saltash and whats happened to Chris Wright?

In addition to this where was the noise from the Saltash dug out. I dont think I heard anything of any note from either manager or assistant, are they the men to take the club forward? Where is the tactical instruction, the knowledge or expertise? And where are the on pitch leaders of a Sean Flynn or Tom Smith?

Look forward to seeing both teams again for varying reasons!

Not today :yahoo:

Pasty man, :SM_carton: So Falmouth are pretty dam average are they,

well after yesterday i don't think Saltash are even average,

why because the so called average team gave you the biggest defeat at home for many a year,

and most of the predictions on this forum did not give Falmouth a chance, but as I said it would be a foolish person who even at this stage in the League wrote off Falmouth,

but if you still wish to say that Falmouth are pretty dam average, we do not mind at all,

because all of you got it so wrong this week, so keep up your predictions, but do not place to much money on them because you could end up like this Governmet bankrupt,

Hammers :c::clapper::thumbsup: :c: