Cornwall Football Forum

Newquay AFC v Millbrook

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Newquay AFC 9 (Nine) v 3 Millbrook

... and still not at full strength, no Joff, Hammy or Macca.

A very close first half, saw Newquay just go ahead on 7mins. Millbrook did equalise but Newquay went in at HT 2-1. Even when it was 3-1, Millbrook looked dangerous and were gifted a second to make it 3-2. Newquay then found the net 3 times before Millbrook were reduced to 10 men due to an injury and having used all their subs. The Peppermints then went on the rampage and racked up 3 more before Milbrook hit back with a cracker. It ended 9-3 in front of a noisy crowd and some new season tickets holders from the Exeter area :D .

It could have been more but Jake missed 4 clear chances and Robbo a similar amount.

Millbrook are to be given huge credit for not moaning about any decisions, not haranging the officials and playing a great part in this match. Dane will feel that at 3-2, his side could have got back into the match but will acknowledge that Newquay took the game by the scruff of the neck and then thoroughly wrung it !

Ryan Barnes, Ash Bradshaw, Jodie Dean, Andy Morris, Sam Hunter, Jake Hartigan, Shaun Middleton, Luke Rigby, Glenn Rogers, Paul Robertson, Luke Whelden. Subs Scott Palmer, Orrin Crowle, Tom Hunter.

Luke Whelden 3, Sam Hunter 2, Scott Palmer 2, Orrin Crowle 1, Shaun Middleton 1.

100% Cornish, I hope you were watching :yahoo:

CSWPL Division One East Tues October 6th

Newquay 9 - 3 Millbrook

1 St Austell 9 7 0 2 27 10 17 21

2 Perranporth 8 6 0 2 19 9 10 18

3 Camelford 8 6 0 2 15 10 5 18

4 Plymstock 7 5 2 0 20 7 13 17

5 Vospers 7 5 1 1 21 12 9 16

6 Hayle 8 5 0 3 22 12 10 15

7 Porthleven 7 5 0 2 20 15 5 15

8 Dobwalls 10 4 2 4 19 14 5 14

9 Newquay 8 4 1 3 23 18 5 13

10 Truro 9 3 2 4 18 9 9 11

11 Godolphin 8 3 1 4 14 19 -5 10

12 Callington 10 2 2 6 14 20 -6 8

13 Foxhole 9 1 5 3 11 18 -7 8

14 Millbrook 8 2 2 4 11 20 -9 8

15 Mousehole 7 1 1 5 10 18 -8 4

16 Penryn 8 1 1 6 6 19 -13 4

17 Wendron 9 0 0 9 0 40 -40 0

I counted at 30mins and there were more than I expected after recent results, but will leave it to the club officials to declare as the SWPL top men were in attendance. The crowd swelled at HT, not sure where they all came from or were hiding in the first half, perhaps they will watch the whole match on Saturday.

I counted at 30mins and there were more than I expected after recent results, but will leave it to the club officials to declare as the SWPL top men were in attendance. The crowd swelled at HT, not sure where they all came from or were hiding in the first half, perhaps they will watch the whole match on Saturday.

Phil.H has mentioned on the TK site that the attendance was 75(approx) and also Judge, he gave your programme a rating of 'good'

He enjoyed the game albeit blowing a gale.

We had a rating of 'poor' at Falmouth a few weeks back on his visit.

Guest Peppermint

Thanks for that information Mike - the programme rating is encouraging because we are in the process of improving it still further with pen pictures of the squad etc.

When Phil is at games he always does a very accurate head count and it was nice to see him at Mount Wise last night and at least he was given good entertainment with all the goals.

Hello Graham,Nice to see you back on the forum and have missed your 'down to earth' sensible comments.

I like to visit most of the SW Cornwall grounds during the season so I will study the fixtures for Mount Wise for a visit especially with the match programme attraction.

Would love to see another close to home club in the SW Premier next season and realistically Newquay are one of only four clubs with lights which could progress-so hope the results go your way from now on.

Guest Peppermint

We would love to see you at Mount Wise for a fixture at anytime Mike - it would certainly be nice to see Falmouth at Mount Wise - maybe in the Senior Cup!!!

The Division 1 West League is a good competitive league and several clubs have a realistic chance to be promoted and hopefully Newquay can finally have a full squad available and compete as well.

Who do you play on Saturday Judge?

Newquays' next SWPL match is at Mount Wise, this Saturday 3.00pm v Dobwalls - should be a good one.

Guest Postie Pidge

We had a rating of 'poor' at Falmouth a few weeks back on his visit.

Could do better but if we had a few more adverts we could improve.

Well judge i was at the milbrook and what a match really entertaining and what a score jake could of had a hat trick but his finishing is never up to much well done newquay and now on to the big 1 dobwalls on satday i expect it will be all ticket so i better get mine now loll anyway looikng forward to that just seen the truro result that was a surprise because santos gaia is usually so good .

Top entertainment, a cracking match, good programme to read, a 50/50 draw ticket and a cuppa for just a FIVER, it dosn't get much better than that.

We may not be 100% Cornish but we are 100% Newquay !