Cornwall Football Forum

just wandering how me critiscing a ref is different from other people critiscising players etc

and how im going to get into trouble through it??

so clearly this is a forum where you cant criticise???

you cant have one rule for one and a different one for another

yeah in retrespect i would have worded it a bit better :P

but i was frustrated with the situation,disapointed with the result beleiving two clear penalties should have been given,sorry that the referee took offence.

but what is different from me critiscising him on here to everyone else critiscising pro refs

should they get in trouble aswell???? what i said was tame in comparison to what ive read on here before..

so i just dont get where one line stops and another starts :blink:

Just to clarify Speedy you refered to the referee as a " cheat " amonst other things now in law the written word is libel so it could be said that your written remarks are libelous. On another point if the FA read your post and they will know who you are as you were sent off after the game, they could easily cite you for a disrepute charge. Now I am sure you wouldn`t want that so please think very hard before typing on that keyboard.

fair one

but in a minute everyone will be afraid to type anything!!

if youre going to hang on to every word everyone says then im afraid you will have lots of cases on youre hands.....unless this rule only counts for me?....

players get accused of cheating and being idiots etc on here every week why dont you throw the law in their faces?

just wandering how me critiscing a ref is different from other people critiscising players etc

and how im going to get into trouble through it??

so clearly this is a forum where you cant criticise???

you cant have one rule for one and a different one for another

yeah in retrespect i would have worded it a bit better :P

but i was frustrated with the situation,disapointed with the result beleiving two clear penalties should have been given,sorry that the referee took offence.

but what is different from me critiscising him on here to everyone else critiscising pro refs

should they get in trouble aswell???? what i said was tame in comparison to what ive read on here before..

so i just dont get where one line stops and another starts :blink:

OK, Answers to 1st paragraph = It's not dissent or against the rules to criticise a player (except with excessive language ofcourse). It IS dissent and against the rules to publicly criticise a ref, let alone call him a cheat. So YES you can have 1 rule for one, and a different rule for another. A ref is an official, players aren't...

Answers to 2nd paragraph = Frustration and disappointment are emotions that would fade by the end of the evening or the day after any problem occurred and a person would probably look back with a certain amount of regret after some of the things that were said. BUT even until yesterday at 14.49 you were STILL not backtracking on anything you'd said and STILL saying how it's ok that you cheat/cheated etc etc.. Penalties are ONLY clear if they've been seen, you only have to look at last weekend and Blackburn against Arsenal, Wolves against Portsmouth.. 2 STONE WALL penalties were not given, why?. Because the ref didn't see them (god knows how each assistant missed them though).. Those guys are professionally trained Jake, yet they didn't see what millions saw around the world, are they also cheats?. Or did they just not see the incidents?.

Answer to paragraph 3 = The difference between what some have said about professional refs on here and what you have said about the young man you've so publicly berated!! Well, firstly there is a HUGE difference between people saying "That Howard Webb is a right useless c**t", and you saying "he's a cheat who knows nothing about the game and should not be put in charge of one".. Secondly, Howard Webb or any other pro ref is pretty damn unlikely to have officiated over any of us and sent us off a few hours before we appear on a public forum calling him an inept, clueless cheat..

So you see Jake, there's NO double standards, and, there's certainly nobody taking away your freedom of speech. Surely if there was, your initial words about the young referee would have been deleted before people had the chance to respond and you had the chance to give people the opportunity to shoot you down for such sillyness?.

hahaa this forum really is hitting new heights! soon i can see cornishsoccerforum users in court over silly business like this...its only a forum. jake can say a ref is a cheat if he wants to right? because some officials in this county are cheats................... i think........... < i put i think therefore i cant get in trouble hahaaa :P

hahaa this forum really is hitting new heights! soon i can see cornishsoccerforum users in court over silly business like this...its only a forum. jake can say a ref is a cheat if he wants to right? because some officials in this county are cheats................... i think........... < i put i think therefore i cant get in trouble hahaaa :P

You're missing the point. YOU CAN'T CALL A REF A CHEAT. End of.... You CAN think he's a cheat, c**t, ***** etc etc, but as soon as you say it, you've broken a rule and punishment WILL follow. Hence Jake's red card after the game..

Now can we all sit back in anticipation as Jake and Vladimirschmediscsthoff tell us, and provide us with evidence of which officials in this small county are cheats?. :c:

It is a bit strong to say the ref is a cheat but you should be able to say that you think he had a bad game, especially if your not naming him. Some of the refs are poor but then so are some of the players lol. There is a shortage of refs and players in the lower divisions which does not help. Even if the refs are bad you cant give them bad marks or you wont be appointed refs in the future. I dont moan if they make mistakes but when they dont know the rules or favour teams it gets to me, like it would anybody.

super cooper listen, have you ever been cheated in a game..??????

where you know in your heart of hearts youve been cheated??......

and have you got frustrated???

forgive me for unlike you i do not know the cornish soccer forum rulebook

i got frustrated and posted some stuff on here,naive maybe ..but honest.

however i thought this was a forum where you can say what you like without getting sent to jail for it.

now on the previous topic i posted ... people called me all sorts of hurtfull things(numpty etc :P ) now is there a law also against this??? as i cant see the difference between the two??

yes you get games where the ref didnt see it(in this case he didnt see it but every single player and spectator did :s ) and he was right up with play for both incidents(top marks for fitness :) ) so apart from not being able to see properly or not not knowing the rules,the only thing left was to say he was cheating...

now you tell me which one it was

Jake, think it would be better for you to say that he got the decisions wrong, rather than calling him a cheat!

Yeah i agree, i think it would be fair to say this ref was poor, awful, even absolutely useless! But cheat is wrong, you've got to bear in mind that he would have nothing to lose or gain from the result, therefor would have no real reason to cheat.

If he really was THAT bad though, i think he should definately be re-assessed and if it proves he is consistently performing poorly, he should be made to hand in his badge and..er..whistle, so to speak!!!

:c:

Whoa there Speedy, just hang on a mo'. Almost everyone on the previous thread was gently attempting to tell you to shut your gob for all the right reasons mate. You were digging yourself in deeper with every post and your friends were trying to point that out to you. Think you'll find the thread was locked for that very reason.

Hi Speedy, I was only trying to be helpful to you and giving what I thought was sound advice. I no way wish to be a constable as you put it. but please I am only trying to help so listen to what am saying. If you decide not to listen then there is nothing I can do about that but at least I have tried.