Combo Results Thread

Please can you post your results, scorers and attendances on this thread please

Cornwall Combination League

Tuesday 1st September

Falmouth Town Reserves (Luke Murray, Matt McIlroy) 2-0 Porthleven Reserves

Att - 45

Hayle Reserves (Kieran Harris, Elliot Harris) 2-0 St Ives Town

Att - 35

Newquay Reserves (Dave Rabone 2) 2-1 Helston Athletic (Mark Wood)

Att - 46

Penzance Reserves (Adam Fletcher 2, Joe Day, Wayne Edwards, Ross Pope, OG) 6-3 Ludgvan (Mike Cruse 2, Ashley Matthews)

Att - 76

Perranwell 0-4 Illogan RBL (Rob Bray, Paul Wolstencroft, Andy Cowper, Ben Widdeshoven)

Att - 62

St Agnes (Tom Benney 5, Alec Penrose 3, Rob March 2, Rid Purnell, OG) 12-0 Portreath

Att - 30

Troon (Shane Richards, Daniel Bell, Matt Witts, Clayton Reynolds) 4-2 St Just (Adam Palmer, Tom Mannering)

Att - 45

Wendron CC United Reserves0-4 Penryn Athletic Reserves (Angus Howlett 2, Jason Roberts, Dave Brogino)

Att - 26

Wednesday 2nd September

RNAS Culdrose 0-1 Mullion (Chris Ensink)

Att - 10

Perranwell 0 - 4 Illogan

scorers Rob Bray, Paul Wolstencroft, Andy Cowper and Ben Widdeshoven. att 30-40

Missed first 25 minutes and from what I hear it was all Perranwell but after that and for the whole 2nd half it was basically one way traffic with Illogan winning comfortably and could have bagged a couple more. They looked very solid in defense and don't think the keeper actually had to make a save. Going forward they always looked dangerous, all in all a really good game and performance by Illogan.

troon 4 st just 2... troon were outstanding 2night troon scorer shane richards,dan bell,matt witts and clayton reynolds

man of the match shane richards well done troon great win

att 50ish

St Agnes 12 - 0 Portreath

Tom Benney 5

Alec Penrose 3

Rob March 2

OG

Rid Purnell

No getting away from it, Portreath were poor, I think they may have been missing a few players cos there was no look of 100% effort from a lot of them. Hope they do continue, but they'll do well to keep a side going for the season!

Falmouth 2 Porthleven 0

H/T 0-0

As I am out injured at the moment it is interesting to watch the games from the sidelines from a different view point. Missed the first 25 minutes, but was told to that point Port had played well.

After that saw a very even game, the first half was Ports, the best chance of the half was right on half time when Nick Perry showed great feet in the box, nutmegging Bryan Scoffin, but Scoffs recovered to save the ball on the line.

Falmouth came out in the second half and performed a lot better, a few of their front players such as Bryant and Murray (Luke not Paul), showing good pace and looking a threat.

The half from my view point was very even - though there was only one true difference - finishing. Port had some very good chances through Neil Bartlett, Steve Williams and Perry again who almost scored what would have been one of the goals of the season but his volley hit the bar.

Town though equally had their chances, but they took them. I believe the 1st was Luke Murray, and the second was a substitute who seemed to have one hell of a left foot (but no right!).

Overall, a fairly even game, I don't think either side would have complained if it was a draw, but fair play to Falmouth who took their chances.

Port played very well, and are now starting to show improvemnets in all departments.

I thought Luke Murray stood out for Town

My Port M.O.M: Nick Perry

Ref Watch: Steve Rose - no major decisions given - no bookings I don't think, overall very solid performance.

Att: I would guess 40+

great game tonight for illogan, comin out 4-0 winners on a shockin perranwell pitch! thought there linesman was shocking and ref wasnt to strong either in the last twenty mins! simon ellis and rob bray having outstanding games for illogan! bit of a shaky start for illogan but from there on defence won everything and perranwell never looked like scoring! bogey team sat, home to penzance! come on boys!

Newquay 2 - 1 Helston

Newquay moved within three points of the league leaders with a game in hand after a closely fought battle at Mount Wise this evening. Despite having a poor record against Helston, Newquay have made a relatively solid start to the season and needed a win against unbeaten Helston to sustain their early momentum.

Newquay worked hard early on and had a half-chance in the opening minute when David Rabone chested the ball down and hit his shot over the crossbar from twenty yards. The game was an open affair and evenly contested and Newquay had what seemed to be a perfectly good goal when Andy Morris headed home a Shaun Lawrence free-kick from an onside position, only to find that one of his team-mates had been flagged early on by the assistant. Helston continued to attack and looked good going forward, with a lot of pace out wide, however, Newquay 'keeper Billy Holland was called upon twice to ensure that Newquay remained in the game, with one outstanding save when one on one with Helston striker Southall. Helston continued to forge out chances and should have been ahead when Southall blazed over on the turn from six yards after three Newquay defenders attacked the same long throw. However, Aaron Collick somehow managed to go one better with an inexplicable miss from six yards, side footing wide of the open goal with Holland nowhere to be seen. As a result, Newquay were able to capitalise and Luke Weldhen's trademark touch and control were a vital factor in the opening goal. He brought down a long pass and allowed himself time to pick his pass to Rabone, who angled his run across the Helston defence and curled the ball around the advancing 'keeper from the corner of the box.

With the elements favouring Helston in the second half, Newquay were always going to find it hard, however, the match continued to flow and chances were created at both ends before Helston equalised with an excellent finish from the edge of the box. Newquay had previously surrendered excellent positions in encounters with Helston, although on this occasion the game seemed destined for a draw. Cue substitute Jamie Tipton, who managed to free up some space on the left and floated in an outstanding cross to the back post for Rabone to hammer home a volley from six yards to end Helston's unbeaten start to the season with just four minutes remaining. Helston play some excellent football and were clearly disappointed with this defeat, they will be a very tough team to beat and will be challenging for honours come the end of the season.

great game tonight for illogan, comin out 4-0 winners on a shockin perranwell pitch! thought there linesman was shocking and ref wasnt to strong either in the last twenty mins! simon ellis and rob bray having outstanding games for illogan! bit of a shaky start for illogan but from there on defence won everything and perranwell never looked like scoring! bogey team sat, home to penzance! come on boys!

you are a ****! what is wrong with the pitch?you won ! just crawl back in your shell before you get stepped on! ^_^

Hey Deano didnt see u down at Bickland watchin the Falmouth v Port game mate, u should have hung round after the game mate! agree with your report to a point lol, i think it could have easily been a 5 all draw! we were a bit short tonight and made some changes last minute today, but did well, Port did miss some glorious chances in the first half and hit the bar, obviously u missed the first 25 mins when we had Steve Owens clean through one on one and we failed to convert, then Tom Shaugnessy rattled the port bar with a crackin 25 yard effort and Paul Murray missed a point blank header!

then second half like u said very even although i think as the half wore on we had the better chances, both teams though missing sitters really, port missin 2 or 3 chances but we again hit the post and had 2 goals disallowed and Gillo seemed to do the impossible and dink one over the bar when it seemed easier to score lol, he will love me for sayin that!! Luke Murray took his goal really well and Matt Mcilroy scored a screamer and also had another 25 yard driven shot just whip over the bar, overall good game, lots of chances, like u said, could have been a high scoring draw but thought in the end maybe shaded it

good luck to Port though for the weekend and for the rest of the season!

this is beginning to look like a very exciting season, everyone seems to be able to take points of each other on their day with one or two exceptions, a good time to be playing in the combo, a league this year not spoiled by money, long may that continue, good luck to you all :drink::clapper::thumbsup: :D

what is wrong with the pitch

Same for both sides but Kempy - you have to admit the grass seemed a little long! And haven't you got rid of that slope yet? :D

On the evening though, beaten by the better side, but shame you had a few out.

not spoiled by money

The above is from an earlier quote, but reminds me of what someone said on the way out after this evening's Perranwell v Illogan match ...."there you go, what a waste of £300" or something similar, but sorry to disappoint that Illogan supporter, if you think that sort of money was paid out tonight .... dream on! :blink:

what is wrong with the pitch

Same for both sides but Kempy - you have to admit the grass seemed a little long! And haven't you got rid of that slope yet? :D

On the evening though, beaten by the better side, but shame you had a few out.

not spoiled by money

The above is from an earlier quote, but reminds me of what someone said on the way out after this evening's Perranwell v Illogan match ...."there you go, what a waste of £300" or something similar, but sorry to disappoint that Illogan supporter, if you think that sort of money was paid out tonight .... dream on! :blink:

Meaning? money was wasted in which team? and yes the grass was a tad long but our footy players are not sheep!! it was raining today so we couldnt cut it! and we are a village club who has the council to cut it now and then!! but we all have lives outside football! :rolleyes:

Hey Deano didnt see u down at Bickland watchin the Falmouth v Port game mate, u should have hung round after the game mate! agree with your report to a point lol, i think it could have easily been a 5 all draw! we were a bit short tonight and made some changes last minute today, but did well, Port did miss some glorious chances in the first half and hit the bar, obviously u missed the first 25 mins when we had Steve Owens clean through one on one and we failed to convert, then Tom Shaugnessy rattled the port bar with a crackin 25 yard effort and Paul Murray missed a point blank header!

then second half like u said very even although i think as the half wore on we had the better chances, both teams though missing sitters really, port missin 2 or 3 chances but we again hit the post and had 2 goals disallowed and Gillo seemed to do the impossible and dink one over the bar when it seemed easier to score lol, he will love me for sayin that!! Luke Murray took his goal really well and Matt Mcilroy scored a screamer and also had another 25 yard driven shot just whip over the bar, overall good game, lots of chances, like u said, could have been a high scoring draw but thought in the end maybe shaded it

good luck to Port though for the weekend and for the rest of the season!

Yeah sorry Mark, me and the missus had to shoot off straight after the game - sorry I didn't get the chance to pop in and say hello mate. Glad you agree with my thoughts - and I think you shade it on clear cut chances, but a draw was easily possible. Lots of good individuals in your side, and I'm sure given a bit more time - will develop into a very good side.

Well done tonight - see you soon, and good luck to all at Falmouth

Jamo, the ball was out of reach i was delighted to be able to get a toe to it never mind control where it went after contact. Nearly got a nose bleed after running that far forward!!

And if you read the really really really small print on the fine sheet you will see it says that publicly bantering the fine master will result in a LARGE fine!!! Bring ya cheque book mate!!

Guest Peppermint

I watched the Newquay v Helston match last night and Helston will probably point to chances that went begging and could have meant a share of the points at least.

It was a good game of end to end football and the Number 9 [i think Mike Rabone identified him as Southall] was excellent for the visitors.

One word about the match was, in my opinion, the two club assistant referees were excellent - well done to both of them. Very fair and must be a big help to referees when they rely on two good assistants.

St Agnes 12 - 0 Portreath

Tom Benney 5

Alec Penrose 3

Rob March 2

OG

Rid Purnell

No getting away from it, Portreath were poor, I think they may have been missing a few players cos there was no look of 100% effort from a lot of them. Hope they do continue, but they'll do well to keep a side going for the season!

Very poor mate! I played first half but really couldnt be bothered after that! The team argues too much! Other than the fact that the team at the moment is made up of the Mining 2 strugglers from last season, I think it'll get worse before it gets better!

Ive decided to leave Portreath now simply for the fact I've never wanted to come off a pitch whilst playing and I don't agree with the fact that people willingly point blame and argue with their team-mates whilst on the field. I know it happens in all clubs to a small extent, but surely if you were watching/playing last night, You'd know exactly what Im on about.

Portreath, I dont think will fold! I think that the Manager will try and get some more players in, altho atm I don't know who they can attract. But I think there'll always have players that just want to play combo football and so will turn up regardless!

I think from a mutual point of view, that no-one wants them to fold!

Its hard to believe that only the season before last, Portreath were smashing records and were virtually unbeatable in Mining football. They held there own last season, Its such a shame about where they are now.

I hope it gets better for them!

I was working down the Lizard today herding sheep and was pleasantly surprised on my journey home to catch the Culdrose vs Mullion game, certainly one to miss your dinner for!

A hard working Mullion side fought like lions from the first whistle especially their enthuasiastic full back who I think they were calling "Nathan Dogg" or something along those lines? He organised the troops from the back and you would have had more luck robbing a bank than beating him today.

Mullions goal was slotted away with ease by their lethal striker Ennerz who showed the precision of a sniper to execute a low finish beneath the oncoming keeper.

Guest bunditheboss

just like to say the portreath team that played last night was nearly the same team that came 2nd from bottom in mining two last year so no-wonder the last two results have been what they have been, but forget the portreath side, as there manager i will try to sort this problem out and try to do the best with what i have.

but the last two games st,agnes and penzance have been a real eye opener for me, two very good passing teams and when they got a chance they finished it, both games have been good to wtch even though my team has lost both games, the teams we have played have been excellent, so wel done to them. saturday is another chance to restart our season and try and get the boys confidence back up!!!!!!

i would like to thank dangerous for his services while he his been back and i wish him well.

i am looking for more players and i will attract other players but what i do know is Portreath last year came 3rd from bottom in this league so that is my target to beat this year, looking at the league it is only gonna take 2 wins to go mid table at the moment even if i cant see us getting those wins after tuesday i know the boys i have and the boys who will be coming in can get points this season

I wish you all the best bundi. Will speak to you before I go back. Will hve a beer. Will be interesting to see why happens in the near future. Hopefully by the time I'm home again portreath will be as good as ver and in the place they want to be

Guest Postie Pidge

Just a note about the Referee between Culdrose and Mullion yesterday, i thought he was brilliant 2nd time weve had him this season not sure of his name tho but top notch.

If it's as per book - DEREK FOX

Derek Fox was unavailable so we were fortunate to have Football League Referee Charlie Philpott officiating, fantastic Referee who treats every game with the same importance no matter what level it is being played at.

Well Done to Mullion, deserved winners by all accounts.