Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy League Results

Foxhole Stars 4 - 1 Pensilva

St Teath 2 - 1 St Cleer

Lamerton 2 - 1 Torpoint Athletic (Aban 85 mins)

First Division

Launceston United 3 - 2 Godolphin Atlantic

Grampound 1 - 3 Mevagissey

Week St Mary 5 - 2 Maker with Rame

Tywardreath RBL 1 - 2 Probus

Second Division

Pelynt 2 - 2 St Newlyn East

Looe Town Reserves 3 - 1 Lostwithiel

Lanreath 5 - 3 Polperro

AFC Bodmin 2 - 2 Calstock

Bere Alston United 5 - 1 Camelford

Third Division

Pensilva Reserves 2 - 6 Roche

Queens Rangers 2 - 3 Biscovey

Stratton United 4 - 3 Wadebridge Town

Fourth Division

Callington Town 3 - 7 St Teath Reserves

Altarnun Reserves v Mount Charles (Unable to raise team)

Southgate 5 - 1 Stoke Climsland

Gerrans 3 - 0 Sticker

St Columb Minor 5 - 4 North Petherwin

Fifth Division

Bridgerule 2 - 0 Tregony

St Cleer Reserves 4 - 3 Padstow United

boscastle res 3-4 charlestown saints, great game between 2 even sides, and should have ended in a draw as boscastle missed a few chances in the 1st half and could have been 4-1 up with better finishing but were 1-0 down instead, but good even 2nd half and charlestown just edged it at 90 mins !!!

Apparently this happened:

The top of the table Premier Division clash between leaders Lamerton and second placed Torpoint Athletic ended in uproar when the referee abandoned the game with fives minutes to go. Torpoint had taken a first half lead, but the home side hit back after the break to score two good goals from Nathan Blamey and Simon Breyley. Torpoint had a player sent off for a dangerous challenge and the atmosphere got so bad later on that the referee called a halt to the match. His report will now be subject to a CCFA enquiry before the result of the match can be decided by the League.

courtesy of Duchy League website.

Dave,

I don't know the facts of what went on at Lamerton yesterday but have to say that the Torpoint contingent on here are strangely quiet.....

The referee must have felt threatened or feared for the safety of the players or supporters to take the drastic action of calling a halt to a game before full time.This is a very rare event.

The CCFA consider that any game abandoned by the referee is a serious offence and may well lead to one or both clubs being charged with offences.Until after the referee's report is received at CCFA HQ we are all in the dark as to what occured.

Not being disrespective dave,i know you have asked the question,but that is dangerous ground.Discipline is the key surely,in a game where so many things could happen at any one time some one has to have the final say and that is the official.I dont think that any ref has been charged at this level for abondonment hopefully this doesent happen to many times for the reasons that are being suggested for yesterdays game at Lamerton.The ccfa will deal with it i am sure in the normal way,and anyone who is cited in the report will have a chance to defend ther corner,lets hope common sense prevails and order can be restored.The duchy league will act on the findings from the county,and deal with it under league rules.I am pretty sure that there will be a few regrets by a few individuals today.

Can't see what is "dangerous ground" Kitbag. All I'm saying is that the suggestion is that it is always the player that's at fault - and gets punished. Where does the referee come into the equation? He has to take some blame for a game getting out of hand. And therefore, he should also shoulder the blame.

Point taken Dave , i am sure if the Ref was to blame then that will come out in the hearing.I was not suggesting that the ref was always correct ,havent a clue what went on and cant comment,maybe it would have been better to finish the game ,but obviously he felt rightly or wrongly that the situation was to serious to continue.

Torpoint thought the refs decisions were going against them and had a couple yellows and a red during the game, when Lamerton scored a second to go into the lead the game got more heated and tackles were flying, the ref booked another torpoint player and then then sent another off whos running the line who was giving the ref abuse, the player running the line then through the flag away which made the ref abandon the game.

Wasnt much problem between the players apart from the odd one! but I suppose the ref had to make a decision which in the end may of prevented some unnessasary injury.

This is only my opinion as a lamerton player and may differ from the Torpoint few, I hope the matter gets sorted and we can carry on with the season which I think is going to be a good one!

i cant believe the ref abandoned a game for a flag being thrown!!

Do you know how much a set of flags cost? I just paid £40 for a set, nothing special just plain flags to use in Duchy league football. So when people throw them it is rather annoying. And then theres people who use them to get balls out of brambles and use them to stop the ball. :D :drink:

It had to be a serious matter Pablo for the referee to consider abandoning the game.

One,or both clubs,could now be in serious trouble with the CCFA,who will await the referee's report before deciding what action to take.

2 seasons back tms played portreath in the last game of the season...... tms needed the 3 points to win the league... 70-80 minutes gone are striker ran threw clearly offside skinned the keeper and slotted into the net heres the thing the portreath lino waited until the player got the ball b4 he flagged which i belive is the correct thing to do, the ref on the other hand decided it wasnt offside despite having a very unclear view of it

so a few players protested and the lino wouldn't leave the field game was abandoned at 3-1 and after the refs report and tms and portreaths report the ccfa decided the 3 points would be given to tms.

not that anyone cares but it could be a little like this lol

im not saying that it is ok to throw a flag away just that abandoning a match cos of it is a bit extreme.

like somebody has said it must have been the last straw.

am i right in thinking that a result stands if the match was abandoned after 70 mins?

maybe a bit unfair on torpoint cos they couldve got a late equaliser

It just sounds like a game of football to me, yellow and red cards and as few heated tackles. It's surely up to the referee to control the game and ensure these types of tackles dont happen, and if they do he has the power to deal with it with his cards. To postpone the game with only 5 minutes to go is ridiculous in my eyes, he could call the 2 captains in and cool things down a bit.

Can see it being frustrating for a Lino being ignored by the ref, we had a similar thing on saturday which cost us a goal, and i bet every team has as well, throwing the flag away is a bit extreme though!!! Be interesting to see what comes from this though.

I thought Torpoint may have walked the duchy prem this year but looks like they wont have it their own way after dropping 6 points already. Still fancy them to do it though.