Cornwall Football Forum

Torpoint v Parkway

first half was all parkway going in 2-0 up , second half torpoint came back into the game scoring makin it 2-1 then looked the more dangerous untill a poor defensive error led to baker running clean through and piper wiping him out for a pen that sargent converted ending the game. parkway then scored again late on, the right result

Guest local_football_supporter

Torpoint. Better get ready for. A long season . Rubbish in the final 3rd . Luccassi is out of his depth !!!!!! Torpoints goal only came about because the center half sliped. Overall parkway value for there win and torpoint were very very poor !

Also where the heck did they fine there left back ? He was useless

first half was all parkway going in 2-0 up

You're right in saying Parkway deserved to go in at half-time leading, but I have to say I thought it was only the one goal in it at the break. Matt Cusack after 12 minutes.

Aaron Cusack made it two soon after the interval and give Torpoint their due, almost made a game of it when Thornton pulled one back with about 15 minutes to go. The outcome, and deserved, was settled five minutes or so from time however when Torpoint's 'keeper Martin Piper upended Paul Baker and Andy Sargent made it 3-1. Even if his penalty did hit the underside of the bar. Some of course would say brilliantly placed! Some would also say that Piper was lucky to only be shown the yellow card from referee Mr Christmas, instead of a red one.

Mind you, the ref played a good bit of advantage soon after when Matt Cusack's clever run across the edge of the penalty area saw him brought down, however with the ball running free to a Parkway player, Sargent I think, and a resultant shot that ended up nestling in the home side's net.

Result 4-1 to Parkway.

Torpoint : Piper, Todd, Williams, Woodard, Sully, Yeatman, Veale, Roberts, Lucassi, Brook, Thornton. Subs - Martindale, A Green, S Green, Hicks, Avis-Rhiordan.

Parkway : Elphick, Kinsman, Holman, Fenwick, Hawke, A Cusack, Cockman, Curtis, Baker, Sargent, M Cusack. Subs - Berry, Parnell, Powell-Thomas, Jones.

My one-liner for this one : neither will win the league :P

Parkway look a good young side, reckon they will do well this season... you got to feel sorry for Stu Dudley, good manager, but gonna be a long... long... hard season.

totally agree with Local Football Supporter, Torpoint very poor in final 3rd.

good luck to both clubs this season.

first half was all parkway going in 2-0 up

You're right in saying Parkway deserved to go in at half-time leading, but I have to say I thought it was only the one goal in it at the break. Matt Cusack after 12 minutes.

Aaron Cusack made it two soon after the interval and give Torpoint their due, almost made a game of it when Thornton pulled one back with about 15 minutes to go. The outcome, and deserved, was settled five minutes or so from time however when Torpoint's 'keeper Martin Piper upended Paul Baker and Andy Sargent made it 3-1. Even if his penalty did hit the underside of the bar. Some of course would say brilliantly placed! Some would also say that Piper was lucky to only be shown the yellow card from referee Mr Christmas, instead of a red one.

Mind you, the ref played a good bit of advantage soon after when Matt Cusack's clever run across the edge of the penalty area saw him brought down, however with the ball running free to a Parkway player, Sargent I think, and a resultant shot that ended up nestling in the home side's net.

Result 4-1 to Parkway.

Torpoint : Piper, Todd, Williams, Woodard, Sully, Yeatman, Veale, Roberts, Lucassi, Brook, Thornton. Subs - Martindale, A Green, S Green, Hicks, Avis-Rhiordan.

Parkway : Elphick, Kinsman, Holman, Fenwick, Hawke, A Cusack, Cockman, Curtis, Baker, Sargent, M Cusack. Subs - Berry, Parnell, Powell-Thomas, Jones.

My one-liner for this one : neither will win the league :P

A bit harsh. Who said either team was going to win the league.

Guest ortega

Good to see that youngster parnell scoring,what a manager dave is bringing on someone so young and giving him the confidence to make an impact at this level.Did those other youngsters the cusacks score as well,unbelievable coaching to get this young side scoring and playing so well.sargent get a pen did he.Brilliant courage for someone so young to step up and take a penalty.Think this young parkway side are going places.Dave lenard the saviour of youth football in devon and cornwall

Guest SLIC VIC

ORTEGA, I get the feeling you have some sort of hidden issue here was it perhaps you were beaten as a child with a soggy parkway shirt by your mummy for wetting the bed or is it you ate one of our dodgy pasties. Either way i may be able to help you this season i do have some social skills which i think may be a benefit to you just PM me. :mellow:

Guest mario

Good game at the mill, parkway deserved the win after playing th better football all game! very good attacking players. However, two torpoint players are worthy of a mention: Thornton - the lad was easily torpoints best player all game and looks a good talent with lots of pace, he will do well this year! Avis-Rhiordan - second half sub that could easily changed the course of the game at 2-1 with a lively performance, surely he will start nxt week?

Parkway will do well again this year...........

If Liam Thornton and Luke Avis-Riordan were two of Torpoint's better players on the night (and I have no doubt that they were), then Stuart Dudley does have some problems on his hands...cause Liam, I believe is off to Uni in the Autumn and Luke is one of Ricky's 2nd team regulars and along with Darren Hicks was only in the 1st team squad last night because the 2nds didn't have a game.

Thanks for the positive views, clearly not a lot of Torpoint "allies" on here!! As the manager, I'll take great heart from the fact we were in the game all the way through, we had situations where we could have done a bit better in the final third, but did still cause them problems with our passing and movement, to say we were very very poor is absolute rubbish.

Average age of my squad is about 23, with several players who have been at Torpoint for many years and are still very young...a local youngster, you might say.

They scored two goals from some clever play from two throw ins where we should have dealt with it and we scored when Liam Thornton skipped around Matt Hawke who had slipped as he had been twisting and turning trying to contain him. I'd like to see "your" teams play and if goals don't come from mistakes you must be perfect world beaters!!!

The third goal ended the game and came with us on the attack looking like we would equalise, we had them pinned back causing the real Parkway people to tell me they were concerned that we would score and get a draw, until a break out which saw Bakes clearly shove our player over from behind to leave him one on one with the keeper.

I was surprised he got a yellow, but with some of the decisions we saw last night I shouldn't have been.

The 4th goal was a throw away and had no bearing on anything, just flattering to the away team. At 2-1 we could have got something, but overall they deserved to win, by no means were we out of our depth and will improve again on Wednesday as we catch up with our fitness.

Coach KT, thanks for your concerns, but it's all in hand mate, maybe just stick to worrying about your Peninsula Premier League team?

Hedgerow ---- Pride comes before a fall, your comments on here continue to belie your status and age bracket, grow up man!

To the rest of PPFC - good luck for the season.

Guest cescfab_4

having been at the mill last night for the opening game to the season think its fair i can speak on behalf of alot of others saying we werent disappointed in seeing a five goaler however the score line clearly flattering the visitors. From being a neutral could watch the game with an open mind, parkway scored a relatively early goal first half and a even quicker goal at the start of the second half which really took it out of torpoint after pinning their opponents back for the final third of the second half. torpoint's right sided youngster unsure of his name was a constant threat, twisting and turning defenders using his pace to real effect and then finishing off his performance with a deserved goal. by far the best player in a yellow shirt. parkway was always comfortable at the back through hawk and fenwick and were dangerous up top through sergants hold up play and the runs from number 11 and 7. At 2-1 i thought torpoiint would equalise however the turning point was the play before the penalty when gary williams was obviously shoved from behind, resulting in the game being realistically over with 5 minutes to go. Torpoint looked a bit shabby upfront but guess that will take time to develop as they progress as a team.

have to agree with ortega here !. everybody is going on about what a good young side parkway have but if people actually looked at the starting line up they only have 3 ''youngster'' inlcuding the keeper , then looking at the bench berry & parnell , not exactly the most youthfull players in the league !

and a definate slip from gary williams

Guest Tjitsnotunusual

at 2-1 torpoint looked as though they could steal at least a point , and im sure the parkway players must of been worried to see darren hicks warming up ... he didnt feature!

4-1

Guest Old Timer

Ben Elphick, 18, Josh Fenwick, 18, Marc Bonney, 19, 3/5 defenders against the Bodmin team in the charity bowl, naa, guess they're not soo young are they? And Maybe slightly inexperienced at this level aswel, not soo bad is it. Neil Kinsman also 19, Gavin Cockman, 21. All of whom played against Bodmin.. who scored...Josh Fenwick, 18, Gavin Cockman, 21. Soo Ortega, if you wana talk about ages of players who scored, then don't go forgetting that game against better opposition. And cheers Dave Deacon, first game of the season and already writing PPFC off, nice one.

Guest ortega

Sort of just proved my point for me old timer ? Out of a squad of 16 you have only named 5 young players and the rest are all late 20s .Obviously great performance from parkway at launeston last week but im guessing the line up against torpoint friday evening which consisted of only 3 young outfield will be the strongest line up parkway can field { maybe ross saint might have something to say about that tho,late 20s again} .Every team in the league have young players as they have to bring in some younger lads as the majority of teams cant afford to bring in experienced proven older players who would cost a bit more.So no hidden agenda against parkway as its good for plymouth football that there is a good competitive team in the league but the topic can the youth of parkway make an impact is just a biased untrue misleading statement from im guessing a die hard parkway supporter.Think old timer instead of coming on here so much you might start working behind the scenes at parkway to try and get acceptable changing room standards for your own side and away teams as 2 sheds arnt good enough.