Cornwall Football Forum

changes at Portreath

Guest meady

Guest meady

Portreath would like to announce that the management as changed. This first team will now be managed by Dell Allen and me (Andy Mead). This has no reflections on Jeremy Ede time at the club and we wish him the best for the future. It was a committee decision to change management considering the position the club is in at present. So finally anyone who wishes to consider playing under the new management we train Monday nights from 8pm at Camborne College on the astro pitch.

Guest bunditheboss

Great decision by the club, a managemant that knows the players, there capabilities and there weeknesses, also two great blokes and loyal clubman!!!!!

great news also that we are training on astro pitch, its awful up Portreath base when the wind never stops, looks like things are on the up, have been to training 3 weeks now and del is really good person to be around, great ambition and knows what he is on about, also a totally different atmosphere at the club this year, alot of young and passionate guys that i feel look very exciting at training.

so come along to the astro pitch on monday introduce yourself to del and the rest of the club and enjoy a club which is going forward with the right people in charge!!!!!!

Even though I support Pz Combo I can tell any player who wants to try their hand at combo football, Portreath are a great club.

The banter between players and crowd is great, the management team is approachable, and if they stay at Clijah Croft, they have a nice set up.

Give it a go. Money isn't everything, loyalty, friendship and atmosphere count for much more.

You might also occasionally see Bundy score the odd OG when playing for the 1st team!

(can I have my £10 now Meady, I've put the advert on the forum for you :) )

Joking all aside, a good club as are Ludgvan, Penzance, Penzance, Penzance, Penzance ....

Guest SAILED THE SEVEN SEAS

bundit what do you mean the atmosphere is different this season. was it crap last year? it seems to me as an outsider looking in that you are intent on continually having at pop at the previous manager why is that?

bundit what do you mean the atmosphere is different this season. was it crap last year? it seems to me as an outsider looking in that you are intent on continually having at pop at the previous manager why is that?

I didnt see anything in Bundis previous post that slated previous Portreath managers, from what i saw he was simply stating his admiration for Del and is happy that the club finally seems to be on track for the forthcoming season.

On a serious note, to anybody who wants to play for a good, Combo club (rather then come on here and stir things up), come and have a look at Portreath. :c:

Guest meady

Thanks Cornishteddyboy that’s going to cost me. Bunditheboss don't take the bait and one and six thanks for the support. We will get there and I am sure we will upset some teams on the way. The team just got to remember the most important bit is to enjoy it win or lose.

I meant it.

Portreath are one of the teams to go to where a spectator can relax and get "involved", with the players, other spectators, etc.

Some other clubs in the combo you go too have a slight atmosphere of "off-handedness". I wont mention clubs but probably a few people on here will know who I mean as they probably feel the same as me.

Guest bunditheboss

the previous manager is a great guy and always will have alot of respect from me but after just 3/4 training sessions you can see the younger guys that were here last season and stepping up there game and coming out of there shell, i can see alot of teams getting turned over by us this year.

cornishteddyboy is exactly right about the club, we are a very friendly club and i feel give alot of fun at our games, the banter within the club is still amazing hence why i have been at portreath for 10 years on and off so has del and meady, i see those two as family not friends and i look forward to next season as this club is going places!!!!!

cornishteddyboy i am hoping i see you more next year and get into some of your reports, i also hope to see alot of people at our games i feel some of the young guys we have will impress alot of teams!!!!!!

with respect to jerry he didnt walk away from our club, the club decided that the right manager to have in place for the club was del and meady!!!!

i wish jerry all the luck to him this season, portreath just isnt the club for you!!!!!