Cornwall Football Forum

Yesterday I worked for possibly the last time with my colleague and friend Colin Penhorwood. On the way to the match he informed me that this is his last season as a referee, he explained his reasons why , which I will not go into.Colin and I have worked together over many seasons and at many levels , he has been my assistant , we have assisted together and I even had to assist Colin , yesterday he completed the whole collection and was my 4 th official.This is Colin’s 34 th season as an official and I’m sure that like with me he will leave quite an impression on a lot of players , manager and match officials. When working with Colin we have had some great laughs and times , from being reported for laughing to loud before a match to having him run the line for me dressed in a sweat shirt , waterproof jacket hat and gloves all squeezed under his referee shirt, and a strange selection on brightly coloured boxer shorts,but this was Colin all over someone who really enjoyed what he was doing , and maybe putting a smile on a lot of peoples faces. All I can say is that working with Colin has been a total and absolute pleasure, but more than that a honour not just to have worked along side him but to know such a good bloke and call him my friend. So Col when you blow that final whistle in your final game at the end of this season, i for one will miss working with . So all I can say is ( and Colin will understand this comment)  “ WELL THATS THAT THEN “ . Enjoy your retirement Col.

55 minutes ago, goodsense said:

Yesterday I worked for possibly the last time with my colleague and friend Colin Penhorwood. On the way to the match he informed me that this is his last season as a referee, he explained his reasons why , which I will not go into.Colin and I have worked together over many seasons and at many levels , he has been my assistant , we have assisted together and I even had to assist Colin , yesterday he completed the whole collection and was my 4 th official.This is Colin’s 34 th season as an official and I’m sure that like with me he will leave quite an impression on a lot of players , manager and match officials. When working with Colin we have had some great laughs and times , from being reported for laughing to loud before a match to having him run the line for me dressed in a sweat shirt , waterproof jacket hat and gloves all squeezed under his referee shirt, and a strange selection on brightly coloured boxer shorts,but this was Colin all over someone who really enjoyed what he was doing , and maybe putting a smile on a lot of peoples faces. All I can say is that working with Colin has been a total and absolute pleasure, but more than that a honour not just to have worked along side him but to know such a good bloke and call him my friend. So Col when you blow that final whistle in your final game at the end of this season, i for one will miss working with . So all I can say is ( and Colin will understand this comment)  “ WELL THATS THAT THEN “ . Enjoy your retirement Col.

How did he manage with the board yesterday ???

12 minutes ago, Paul Collings said:

Much better than some of the high flyers i have seen grappling with it over the years as  it happens.  :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, B_D said:

It was quite funny to start with - showing 11 minutes stoppage time to end the first half with.... I almost died :thumbsup: ?. He soon got the hang of it.

I imagine he took it all in his stride. Only worked with him a handful of times but enjoyed every moment! And a great character at meetings and dinners.

Colin will always be remembered for an incident in his first year of refereeing.He officiated a game at his local club,Stoke Climsland, during which he booked

his own brother.Following the correct procedure HE ASKED FOR HIS NAME !.His brother's reply was "Of course you know my.........name.

You will be  missed,Col.