Cornwall Football Forum

Called off

1 hour ago, wedding280991 said:

Not surprised the weather this week in the Wendron/ Helston area has been really wet and if you know your not going to play I think it's better to let people know early than keep them waiting

Totally agree.

we TMS are supposed to be playing at home (Malpas) tomorrow but I can bet my mortgage that the pitch will be unplayable.....but will wait for Parks Team to call tomorrow morning, but would sooner it was called today, so people can plan their Saturday.

6 hours ago, Alf said:

But doesn't rules state a game can't be called off until the day

Trelawny Rule 10.f.vii

In the event of a postponement the opposition, the match Referee, the Referee's Appointments Secretary, the Fixtures Secretary and the Registrations/Results Secretary are to be notified immediately. During inclement weather the following postponement routines shall apply:

a. The fitness of the ground for play is to be decided in accordance with Rule 13d. A local referee may be called in to assess the fitness of the ground for play where
appropriate and he is to inform the match referee of the results of his inspection.

b. Games shall not be postponed prior to the morning of the match however, during periods of protracted bad weather or in the event of a significant weather event the
League Secretary may direct that games can be postponed on the day preceding the fixture(s) by clubs providing that:

• i. A responsible club official has checked the pitch conditions or.
  • ii. There is no realistic chance of play.

c. Postponements due to the lack of an appointed referee will not be permitted before mid-day of the day of the match as referees often become available at late notice, particularly during the mid-winter months.

d. Earlier postponements due to the lack of an appointed referee may be permitted if the County Referees Appointments Officer declares that there are no circumstances under which a referee will become available.

With the weather we’ve had over the past week it is common sense to call it off early doors. All three of our pitches are unplayable and were checked by a referee, ground staff and club officials. With both Wadebridge and St Buryan among the three teams coming to Wendron today, it makes sense to call it early to save them the journey and rather than letting them know later on the morning of. Allows everyone to sneak in some valuable extra Christmas shopping time. 

Have a great Christmas everyone.