Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Cornwall Combination League - Results Saturday 4th November

Combo Results
Saturday 4th November
Falmouth Town Reserves (Kyle Cooke, Liam Chinn, James Pollard) 3-2 Helston Athletic Reserves (Joe Wright 2) 
Att - 35
Goonhavern Athletic (Curtis Keen 3, Joe Moyle, Jamie Preston, Dan Ball, Steve Wood) 7-0 Holman SC 
Att - 20
Penryn Athletic 0-2 West Cornwall (Ed Huckfield 2)
Att - 25
Perranporth P-P Illogan RBL Reserves 
Perranwell (Rob Pell, Lachlan Brace, Phil Rees) 3-0 Porthleven Reserves 
Att - 40
RNAS Culdrose (
Ben Gibbs 2, Jermaine Graham) 3-3 Mullion (Jack Price 2, Tom Jiles) 
Att - 18
St Day (Gavin Boon 2, Rob Hosking, Luke Hart, Ashley Smeeth) 5-1 Redruth United (Duane Britton)
Att - 80
St Ives Town (Tom Morris) 1-1 Pendeen Rovers (Christian Whittaker) 
Att - 45
St Just (Neil Curnow, Jack Willis) 2-2 Hayle (Matt Laity, Liam Mooney) 
Att - 25

32 minutes ago, Sijames said:

I thought they HAD to play the highest fixture? I.e. Reserves fixture and the 3rds would have to concede? 

I think thats only if both in the same competition - so if reserves in Trelawney Prem and thirds in Trelawney 2 it would apply, as Combo v Trelawney there is no 'rule', just would have thought the club would want to honour the higher fixture, although the thirds are pushing for promotion.

St Ives town goalscorer was Tom Morris....attendance approx 45....good game of football, both teams wanted to get the ball down rather than the long ball game....pendeen have some good quick players and I was impressed by them....we were happy to take a point in the end but I think we deserved it....bit more spirit shown than last week......well refereed by Kevin knowles.....quick return as we are down at pendeen next week....

3 hours ago, ballsax said:

Heard Penryn 0-2 West Cornwall

Ed Huckfield with 2 goals on his brief return from Uni. Just as well he was back this weekend as we were about 7 players missing, so a real top result for the lads. 

If Penryn had hit the goal instead of the goalkeeper ....you would have lost comfortably (!)

But ...they didn't - so well done from me, and a good bunch in the bar as well....one of the few teams to stay a while.