DIVISION 5

Madron                   4-4            Newquay 4ths

Storm Reserves         3-3          Wendron United 4ths

Trevenson United Reserves       1-6           Hayle 3rds

ARTHUR PEARCE CUP

St Agnes 3rds     2-1            St Day 3rds

Threemilestone Reserves    1-4           Chacewater Reserves

Edited by Dave Deacon

With not many fixtured games this weekend other than junior cup(15 games in west), how is it we have no ref for the TMS game & looks like the game will be OFF

Do you mean TMS or SOM James?

Bloody abreviated teams! som mate haha . Going 2 b off by look of it! :-(

Edited by green & white

Lily slayer, there is no rule that I can see stipulating when a game can be called off (I've just checked the league rules). I'm pretty sure that Paul will try to get a ref where he can. The latest we have had one assigned is 1030am. 

I personally will always try to get a game played when a ref is unavailable. Every other county plays under the rule that "games shall go ahead" if no ref is available.

With not many fixtured games this weekend other than junior cup(15 games in west), how is it we have no ref for the TMS game & looks like the game will be OFF

Ask your assistant manager. He's one of many refs, who for one reason or another have had enough.

who would want to ref these days, nothing but dissent and verbal abuse, I can understand why people either don't want to do it or have had enough, £18 plus a reduced mileage fee makes it really worth while.

Ask your assistant manager. He's one of many refs, who for one reason or another have had enough.

only reason Andy finished is due to injury & nothing else. I think too much is being made of all this " who would be a ref these days " i been in the game 27 years & it's not really any different from all those years ago! Everyone was still giving refs stick then, the problem is social networks! Things get published now like it never was before. Players, managers etc can all vent on about this ref & that ref. Let's just all grow up & grow a pair! Let refs do their jobs & the players & managers do theirs & the ones with nothing better to do than just sit there  stirring the s**t. Stop the ref bashing & we might see a change... Worth a crack i would say!

who would want to ref these days, nothing but dissent and verbal abuse, I can understand why people either don't want to do it or have had enough, £18 plus a reduced mileage fee makes it really worth while.

you had a pleasant time reffing me  didnt you?  

Trelawny League Division 4

Frogpool Reserves 5-4 St Erme

Another entertaining game for the neutrals.

The first half started bright for the home side when Tom Campbell's strike was well saved by the St Erme keeper and Ashley Johnson just couldn't connect with the rebound as the ball was just behind him.

The rest of the first half was pretty even but St Erme were the more clinical. They played a lovely one two down the left and then a fine cross found the centre forward who was unmarked at the back post. Our concentration at the back looked like it might cost us again.

The second was similar, a ball from the left hand side played in behind the back four allowed the unmarked striker to powerfully header home to double St Erme's lead at the break.

It was pretty even, we just failed to concentrate at times and didn't take our chances in the first half. After a productive half time team talk we prepared ourselves for an energetic battle. Also, the St Erme keeper was substituted at half time, due to injury I assume?? hope he's okay if so.

We were quickly back into the game after the whistle went, Tom Campbell fired home his first afternoon in quick and composed fashion.

The second came again from Tom Campbell, Sam Bromley being the provider this time.

We made if three shortly after, Tom completed his hat trick with another left footed finish into the far corner.

And then a fourth came, a beautiful ball from Ashley Johnson found Scott Tremaine on the left who (I think) set up Tom for his fourth of the afternoon, the game looked to be over.

Then we did what we seem to be doing a lot, made things difficult for ourselves, a deflected shot sent Kyren Coulls the wrong way and it was 4-3 just like that. St Erme back in the game.

They equalised shortly after and I thought it was going to be a repeat of the Newbridge game just a couple of weeks ago.

But it was that man again, Tom Campbell beat a man and then fired home with a stunning driven finish from the edge of his box on the left hand side, scoring his best and most important goal of the afternoon.

It wasn't over there though, a St Erme corner in the dying moments found the target man's head and he did everything right, heading it down to the far corner and I was certain it had gone in.

Then came the finger tips of Kyren Coulls who made a fine save to secure Frogpool the three points.

Happy with the win and gave the man of the match award to Tom for not only scoring five but also leading by example as skipper.

Onto Newlyn next week now where another tough battle awaits and hopefully another entertaining one.

All the best to St Erme and thank you for letting us borrow that ball, sorry about the puncture, and to the referee Paddy, he was fair throughout and also consistent. Dished out a couple of bookings due to swearing after warning us before the game. This was fair as the park often has children in it so no one could complain too much.

you had a pleasant time reffing me  didnt you?  

always a pleasure Daniel, no sendings of for spitting into the wind at least:thumbsup:

Trelawny League Division 4: Ludgvan Reserves 4-1 Mawnan Reserves

Ludgvan maintained their 100% home record with a comfortable 4-1 win over Mawnan at Fair Field.

The Hurlers tasted defeat in the reverse fixture earlier this season - a game they could and should have won - so were looking to make a positive start in this one, however it was the visitors who looked the better of the two sides during the opening exchanges. 

But when Michael Fitchett put Ludgvan ahead against the run of play, heading in Will Southcott's long ball forward, the home side never looked back.

Dan Hopkins doubled the Hurlers' advantage five minutes later with a strike that deflected in off the Mawnan goalkeeper. 

Hopkins then made it 3-0 when he slotted home a well-worked move down the left-hand side involving Macauley Harris and Scott Stevens, before bagging his hat-trick on the stroke of half-time with another good finish.

The second period was a more even affair thanks to a couple of fine saves from the visiting goalkeeper, who kept out goal-bound efforts from Stevens and Tony Hannaford. 

There was a lengthy stoppage in play when a Mawnan defender when down with what looked like a nasty ankle injury when he slide in to make a challenge; we hope that he's okay.

The visitors grabbed a consolation when the Ludgvan defence failed to deal with a free-kick into the penalty area, but ultimately is was of little importance as the hosts saw out the game to earn an important three points.

Ludgvan Reserves: J Fitchett; M Fitchett, Matthews (J Harris), S Moorcroft, M Harris; Mills (Rich), T Hannaford, Hooper, Southcott, Stevens; Hopkins (J Leah).