Cornwall Football Forum

Sutton United 2 Truro City 2

so glad that the team got a very good result, and by the sounds of it good support from Truro fans just wish we had the same support at home. It's why I played silence is golden last Saturday .  I did hear that a silent stance was being taken by some supporters because of what some are allowed and others don't get the same treatment. But like i say you hear so much rubbish sometimes  with the bigger picture new ground and hopefully a team that can go all the way to the conference and beyond.

Without digging up all the politics of the Club.

I for one dont intend going to many home games.

The raising of the concession age from 60 to 65,and asking them to pay £12,is  no way to encourage crowds.

Was at Sutton last night ,concession age 60 and cost £6 for admission.

Thats why over 700 people were there.

Thats just one issue.I could go on.

As for the singing.Ask the Steward's what they said to the TISA boys at Jake Ash 's  Testimonial.

I would occasionally watch a Truro game, not now at those prices.

I would imagine that the prices charged by Truro City are in line with other clubs in the division. I notice that our visitors this Saturday,  Bishop Stortford charge £13 admission (£8 concessions)  plus you have to pay to use the car park. However, members of their Supporters Club receive free car parking and a discount in the Supporters Shop. 

Mr Burns, bishop stortfordare a fairly established club at that level therefore have the ability to charge a bit more

are truro in that position? 

Darren

I don't think that the fact they are new to this league is a relevant one. Truro will  still have to incur similar costs to other established team in the division. In fact, given their geographical location it could be argued that their overheads would be considerably more than a team based in London or Hertfordshire. The point I was making is that it is not unreasonable to  expect to pay increased admission prices when a team is promoted to a higher league and that Truro are charging the 'going rate' for the league they are now in. 

I would occasionally watch a Truro game, not now at those prices.

I would imagine that the prices charged by Truro City are in line with other clubs in the division. I notice that our visitors this Saturday,  Bishop Stortford charge £13 admission (£8 concessions)  plus you have to pay to use the car park. However, members of their Supporters Club receive free car parking and a discount in the Supporters Shop. 

My point is not so much the prices ,its the concession age being raised to 65. Thats not a League rule.

Asking people who are 60+ to pay £12 to get in,right up to the 75 minute,is daylight robbery.

I know for a fact that 4 people walked away at half time on Saturday because they had to pay £12 to enter.

They said they would just go in the bar for a beer,then.That was not allowed either.

Apparently this is League rules.Margate and Sutton are breaking League rules then.

I know.I was there.

Just don't think people really look at the bigger picture, Location is a big factor, teams up long are bound to get bigger attendances and top players, which then let the clubs reduce admission prices and offer more than what Truro can.  By continually slating the club does no good, anyone thinking of going could be put off.  What do you want by staying away is effecting the club if it continues then the players, manger and staff could all leave due to to the chairman unable to keep them? Crowds of 386 is terrible and if Saturday is under 500 I would dread to think what lies ahead. Dave I am not blinkered I am allowed my opinions and you yours.  I also agree that the over 65s should get a concession as should the disable.  Since a boy I have always dreamed of a club playing in the football league and see how close Truro are it just needs everyone to get behind the club we should not do our dirty washing in public that could damage its image.

I know you have issues with PM. Why not talk to him like Tom did

surely it's better that you guys drink at the club and watch home games it needs every penny it can get.     I know you go back years and years  but nothing ever stays the same we all have to move with it  as one  

Sorry Mikey,I dont get treated like I did,and the other people by someone,then just walk back,and forget.

Wounds are very deep.

It will take a long time,as far as I am concerned.

So I am taking the opportunity to watch my other love.Spurs.

This Saturday I will be at Leicester City,then the week after at Gosport.

Away days.The only way to watch football,for me.

What ever the reason  for the price increase, I think that you will find that £12 (£11 for Supporter Club members) puts Truro towards the bottom end of the scale when it comes to admission prices in the division. Maidstone and Margate, who were both promoted along with Truro this season, also charge £12 (Bang goes St. Darren's theory!) One club, St Albans charge as much as £15.  At the end of the day we all have to consider our own budgets when it comes to  deciding whether or not we go and watch football on a Saturday afternoon. However,  we shouldn't forget that we would have to travel across the Tamar to see a better standard of football. 

What ever the reason  for the price increase, I think that you will find that £12 (£11 for Supporter Club members) puts Truro towards the bottom end of the scale when it comes to admission prices in the division. Maidstone and Margate, who were both promoted along with Truro this season, also charge £12 (Bang goes St. Darren's theory!) One club, St Albans charge as much as £15.  At the end of the day we all have to consider our own budgets when it comes to  deciding whether or not we go and watch football on a Saturday afternoon. However,  we shouldn't forget that we would have to travel across the Tamar to see a better standard of football. 

Concession age for admission at these other club are.??

There are a large amount of people who watch football,who are around that 60-65 age bracket.

So that is a important issue,regarding the increase's.

St Albans details from their website : Also season tickets available for all

Entry to Clarence Park for 2015/16 National League South matches will be as follows:

• Adults £15 with free transfer to seating.
  • Concessions (over 65, student, unemployed and 16-21yrs) £10 with free transfer to seating*
  • U16s £5
  • U12s free if accompanied by a paying adult
  • Family ticket £25 – Two adults + two children (Under 12)

St Albans details from their website : Also season tickets available for all

Entry to Clarence Park for 2015/16 National League South matches will be as follows:

• Adults £15 with free transfer to seating.
  • Concessions (over 65, student, unemployed and 16-21yrs) £10 with free transfer to seating*
  • U16s £5
  • U12s free if accompanied by a paying adult
  • Family ticket £25 – Two adults + two children (Under 12)

I like U 12 FREE.Plus the family tickets for £25 2 adults + 2 children.

Great idea's.

As a comparison, again taken from the website .......but are these correct SSS?

Truro City 2015-16 Admission prices.

2015-16 Season admission prices on the gate for all National League 1st Team matches are:

£12 Adults

£8 Over 60's, Concessions/Students/Unemployed/Disabled
(Where disabled has a Carer, the Carer comes in free).

£3 Children Under 16 - all friendlies/cup matches will be all pay.

£1 Children Under 12 with accompanying adult.

That's a matter of opinion on standards.

Most footballing issues are a matter of opinion (as stated on Tiger Talk earlier today!), but  you would expect the standard of football, including players,facilities, officials and opposition to improve with progress up the football pyramid. I'm sure you could cite a situation where  this isn't the case, but in general the league structure is a reliable measure of 'standards'. 

Edited by Mr Burns

That's a matter of opinion on standards.

Most footballing issues are a matter of opinion (as stated on Tiger Talk earlier today!), but  you would expect the standard of football, including players,facilities, officials and opposition to improve with progress up the football pyramid. I'm sure you could cite a situation where  this isn't the case, but in general the league structure is a reliable measure of 'standards'. 

Quite right, that's your opinion, not mine. You can see a lot of very good football at most standards.

Concession's debate all sorted by TCFC Chairman.

£8 for over 60's.

May be able to squeeze a couple of home games in,now.

In that case, when there's no other football local to me, I'll pop over and have a butchers.

Don't start getting all gobby with me because you're too tight to pay an extra quid to watch football and you say you're a proper Truro fan but that isn't the case you got banned boo hoo just get on with Truro needs all the support they need to fulfil there ambition I would say they don't need idiots like you 

Don't start getting all gobby with me because you're too tight to pay an extra quid to watch football and you say you're a proper Truro fan but that isn't the case you got banned boo hoo just get on with Truro needs all the support they need to fulfil there ambition I would say they don't need idiots like you 

Hey,hey.

A newbie,shouting his gob off.

Not another one hiding behind the old keyboard.

You obvisually know about TCFC.

Not  tight or a idiot,cat weasel,not stupid enough to get ripped off.

Rather spend money,elsewhere.

Another sycopthantic follower.

Don't know what that means 

Adjective: sycophantic

Attempting to win favour frominfluential people by flattery
 Attempting to win favour by flattery

Derived

Noun: sycophant

Adverb: sycophantically