Cornwall Football Forum

EARLY TRANSFER NEWS, IS THERE ANY?

Matt David and Shane White to St Austell from Torpoint.

Danny Ohagen and Dom Richardson also closely linked after failing to match Bodmins wages for Adam Carter.

Newquay

Chris Reski

Westgarth

Ludlam

Devine

Giles

No budget there then !!!!

Hooper + Mewton = A budget, They would'nt be seen for dust otherwise,almost laughable.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why everyclub is so keen on local players if the local players where good enough then I'm sure they wouldn't be in the situation they find themselfs in. In such small towns you are not going to find 16 quality players for the respective league there club is in, hense why managers look elsewhere. Surely aslong as your club is making progress or winning things does it really matter where they are from ?. lets face it, every player that plays for Truro, Plymouth , Arsenal Chelsea , are not from the area.....

As someone who was part of a winning team that won the SWPL prem div...when you are beating good teams week in week out...money is the last thing on your mind! You are focused on winning the league!

Boney I know it won't happen, but what what do you think players would do if no clubs in the SWPL paid their players? Would they stop playing?

Gents like stated before if you are good enough and are asked to play for a team that pays then good luck, my view is that if it gives someone a buzz to put money into a club for paying players why should it concern anybody else its his money and he should be able to spend it on what he likes. just look at the old groundsman at Wendron who is now the new one at Porthleven he puts his time aswell as spending his own money on looking after the football pitches and what a great service he supplies. We should be gratefull these people are around and show great interest in Cornish football and are willing to put money into the game we enjoy either by supporting or playing.

:SM_carton: :SM_carton:

To be honest, if I was a Newquay fan, I wouldnt give a monkeys who played for them and for what, as long as promotion is achieved.

Money rules football at every level. FACT.

Get over it.

So your team wins promotion with a load of ringers next season, then the year after another club offers more money and off they go, leaving your club in the lurch because the local talent will say did'nt need us last season so we don't need you this. :SM_carton:

If you need to learn how to win the SWPL west with no budget ask Reg Hambley at Camelford he did it last season.

Danny Ohagen and Dom Richardson also closely linked after failing to match Bodmins wages for Adam Carter.

Newquay

Chris Reski

Westgarth

Ludlam

Devine

Giles

think u will find matt david is signing wiv his ex tavi team mates at p way and all the boys are staying at torpoint wiv the exeption of carter and matt david. shane white martin piper and warren daw have all turned down moves wiv former boss stu dudley.

Newquay

Chris Reski

Westgarth

Ludlam

Devine

Giles

think u will find matt david is signing wiv his ex tavi team mates at p way and all the boys are staying at torpoint wiv the exeption of carter and matt david. shane white martin piper and warren daw have all turned down moves wiv former boss stu dudley.

You seem to have your "ear to the ground" Uncle Fester, so who IS coming to Saltash United? What about Danny Lewis returning?

:SM_carton::SM_carton:

To be honest, if I was a Newquay fan, I wouldnt give a monkeys who played for them and for what, as long as promotion is achieved.

Get over it.

So your team wins promotion with a load of ringers next season, then the year after another club offers more money and off they go, leaving your club in the lurch because the local talent will say did'nt need us last season so we don't need you this. :SM_carton:

If you need to learn how to win the SWPL west with no budget ask Reg Hambley at Camelford he did it last season.

Am I right in thinking theyve tryed the local thing and payed nothing and its got them no where!!!

Get over it.

Am I right in thinking theyve tryed the local thing and payed nothing and its got them no where!!!

Neither will paying ringers to play, another club will offer a tenner extra and off they go.

Get over it.

Neither will paying ringers to play, another club will offer a tenner extra and off they go.

The best team in Newquay(Godolphin)hasn't needed to pay players.

Well said Lucky13 will be up against big money this season though,funny how the big spenders seem to get all the publicity, but small clubs who consistantly do well hardly get a mention. Top 2 clubs in the SWPL west last year got there with no budget, cant see that happening this year. Dear o dear :angry2:

I don't understand why everyclub is so keen on local players if the local players where good enough then I'm sure they wouldn't be in the situation they find themselfs in. In such small towns you are not going to find 16 quality players for the respective league there club is in, hense why managers look elsewhere. Surely aslong as your club is making progress or winning things does it really matter where they are from ?. lets face it, every player that plays for Truro, Plymouth , Arsenal Chelsea , are not from the area.....

This is probably a thread in itself?! Obviously Nigel Martyn and Matt Etherington both have done well coming from Cornwall. Also Plymouth constantly scout Cornwall and Devon for local young talent but obviously much harder to succeed in today's game. I remember local lads from my area Dom Richardson, Mark Henwood, James Gill all having spells at Plymouth in the "good" old days.

This is probably a thread in itself?! Obviously Nigel Martyn and Matt Etherington both have done well coming from Cornwall. Also Plymouth constantly scout Cornwall and Devon for local young talent but obviously much harder to succeed in today's game. I remember local lads from my area Dom Richardson, Mark Henwood, James Gill all having spells at Plymouth in the "good" old days.

Don't remember playing for argyle!? I've played on the pitch at Home Park but never for Argyle....Don't think they can afford me anyway!

Most likely ment dan gill, look at plymouths home grown talent over the years..... Paul wotton and Luke summerfield .... Enough said, maybe plymouths scouting department should have a look at themselves and start looking for people with ability then drill the attitude into them instead of players with the right attitude and no ability

Godolphin seemed to of managed ok with local players they just play more as a team than newquay and battle for each other while newquay played more as individuals ,i would love to see newquay and godolphin combine then that would be a real good team .At least things are beginning to take shape at mt wise but i will still be attending plymouth to watch mouth watering games against burton dagenham etc what a joke the club is at the moment ,think i will spend my sat afternoons down truro watching the white tigers and i will be there to watch all the friendlies .I suppose newquay will have there usual mouth watering friendlies was hoping they would have a legends match like they had a couple of years ago vs liverpool would love to see a man utd 1 at mt wise

Argyle is the perfect example of a football club that spent more than its earnings,it applies to any club,from premiership to the lowest league.Rugby union has addressed this with salary capping,however the French rugby union salary cap is much higher,therefore attracting English players away from the English domestic leagues.Salary capping is THE answer,whereby a club is only allowed to spend a certain amount throughout the whole club on wages.However Mr Blatter and Co wont even consider 'goal line technology' such as is used in many other major sports,so salary capping is light years away.

Goldeneye...apologies for the late reply. You asked

..."...I know it won't happen, but what what do you think players would do if no clubs in the SWPL paid their players? Would they stop playing?"

...in my opinion a loaded question. :)

Clubs who pay will continue to do so if there is a budget...fact. If you a local lad and you play for your local team...and you are good enough to command a position you will play for free as its your local club and you may live walking distance from the ground. The manager may never offer to pay you and you may never ask. Two situations....the manager has a budget and decides to pay you 10 quid. He needs to strengthen the squad so he may ask someone like me if I want to come and play for your local club. He offers me 30 quid! I come along! Or he may say to me he has a budget and states all players get 10 quid. I may say yes or I may say no to join.

Second situation... the same local player on 10 quid playing for his local team is doing really well and local supporters think they have a good local lad on their team. Another manager comes along to see the player perform and offers him 30 quid to join him. The manager may even collect him at his home address and take him to his new club, buys him a pint after every game and drops him back home. Do you think the 'local' lad will stay loyal? Yes or No? Lol... a loaded question back at you! :D